• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Onrack and Hound statues

#1 User is offline   Haplo 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

Hello,
again I am a bit confused about a motivation under which certain character takes certain action - this time its about Onrack and those hound statues he found while travelling with Trull Sengar (HoC chapter 9).
So, during their conversation, Onrack says something like "too bad I will most likely never meet a Hound of Shadow, because I would really like to kill one". Trull replies "dont be so sure of yourself man, they are pretty hard to kill", and Onrack says "yea? then watch out" and hits one of the statues with his sword. Then the statue collapses. Then the other one does. Then Onrack gets his ass kicked like never before.
So I was just wondering, was this just a really badly chosen target for Onrack to display his power? Or did he expect this outcome for some reason (since he didnt seem very surprised to me after the hounds left). And, did he intend to free those two dogs (Trull asked him if he is aware of what he unleshed by this)?
Thanks anyone for an explanation:)
Tomas

This post has been edited by Haplo: 01 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:48 PM

I think it was a case of power drawing power and maybe oponns push.

#3 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

View PostHaplo, on 01 March 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

So I was just wondering, was this just a really badly chosen target for Onrack to display his power? Or did he expect this outcome for some reason (since he didnt seem very surprised to me after the hounds left). And, did he intend to free those two dogs (Trull asked him if he is aware of what he unleshed by this)?
Tomas

Pretty much. Onrack, as a T'lan Imass, is used to be undefeatable and is keen to show that at this point. Everything else is a case 'ooops, shit happens'. Also, not sure it's easy to surprise someone who's been around for this long, especially with Onrack's outlook on things. It should also be taken into account that he has just become clanless, and is not bound by the quasi-mind control that belonging to a clan entails anymore. You could say he's suffering a case of badly timed elation at having found himself unexpectedly free.

This post has been edited by Puck: 01 March 2018 - 02:40 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#4 User is offline   Haplo 

• Recruit

Posted 01 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

View PostPuck, on 01 March 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

View PostHaplo, on 01 March 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

Tomas

Pretty much. Onrack, as a T'lan Imass, is used to be undefeatable and is keen to show that at this point. Everything else is a case 'ooops, shit happens'. Also, not sure it's easy to surprise someone who's been around for this long, especially with Onrack's outlook on things. It should also be taken into account that he has just become clanless, and is not bound by the quasi-mind control that belonging to a clan entails anymore. You could say he's suffering a case of badly timed elation at having found himself unexpectedly free.

Okay, thanks for your opinion, I am glad that I am not the only one that understood it like this:)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users