Malazan Empire: Finished with this amazing book! Questions and a theory...*spoilers ahead* - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finished with this amazing book! Questions and a theory...*spoilers ahead*

#1 User is offline   TheHoundsCall 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

This book was amazing. I was entertained from page one. I loved every story arc. Almost got tears when Harllo went to stonny at the end. Rake is the fucking Man!! I could gush about this book for pages but I’ll spare you guys and thought I’d run my first theory I’ve had and see what you guys think...
The Alien God from MOI is the Dying God in TtH
If this has already been a theory I apologize but I looked through the forum about the Dying god and The Alien God and didn’t see someone mention a connection (could be I missed it)
Reasons:
The Redeemer when he feels Rakes sacrifice comes to terms if you will with what he’s meant to do. He specifically says he actually summoned the dying god.

The Dying God wants Itkovian and is focused on him.
Maybe because they have actually made contact before??

The Dying God was in the Abyss if I’m not mistaken, and when Itkovian was at feners reve in capsitan he says he not sure what will come through since Fener was no longer present
I know that the Dying God is Bellirdan but I still think that they could be the same. Who knows how Alien someone who has been combined with 2 other souls and cast into the abyss would seem
Please feel free to tear this theory to shreds lol jk but what you guys think?

This post has been edited by TheHoundsCall: 08 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

#2 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

View PostTheHoundsCall, on 08 January 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

This book was amazing. I was entertained from page one. I loved every story arc. Almost got tears when Harllo went to stonny at the end. Rake is the fucking Man!! I could gush about this book for pages but I'll spare you guys and thought I'd run my first theory I've had and see what you guys think...
The Alien God from MOI is the Dying God in TtH
If this has already been a theory I apologize but I looked through the forum about the Dying god and The Alien God and didn't see someone mention a connection (could be I missed it)
Reasons:
The Redeemer when he feels Rakes sacrifice comes to terms if you will with what he's meant to do. He specifically says he actually summoned the dying god.

The Dying God wants Itkovian and is focused on him.
Maybe because they have actually made contact before??

The Dying God was in the Abyss if I'm not mistaken, and when Itkovian was at feners reve in capsitan he says he not sure what will come through since Fener was no longer present

Please feel free to tear this theory to shreds lol jk but what you guys think?

You are actually told in the book who the Dying God is and it is not the same one as the alien God from MoI. It is a bit confusing, granted, but they are two separate entities. The Dying God was Bellurdan, the Thelomen high mage who was killed in the mage battle at Pale in GotM.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 08 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#3 User is offline   TheHoundsCall 

• Corporal

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Well shit. I edited my post too late lol

#4 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Sorry :p
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users