Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gold Moranth A drawing of a Gold Moranth

#1 User is offline   McTaco 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

First time attempting a Moranth, and third or so picture using Copics. Be gentle.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

I like it a lot! It captures the overlapping/interlocking feel and impenetrability of the Moranth's armor well!

In your rendition, is the armor adhering directly to the skin? The gaps showing the skin look like big vulnerabilities.

EDIT: Also, the pose he's striking makes his right arm look like it's amputated. I get that he's supposed to be gripping his sheath, so his elbow is sticking out behind him. It just looks a bit jarring.

This post has been edited by Whisperzzzzzzz: 28 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

#3 User is offline   McTaco 

• Recruit

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 28 December 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

I like it a lot! It captures the overlapping/interlocking feel and impenetrability of the Moranth's armor well!

In your rendition, is the armor adhering directly to the skin? The gaps showing the skin look like big vulnerabilities.

EDIT: Also, the pose he's striking makes his right arm look like it's amputated. I get that he's supposed to be gripping his sheath, so his elbow is sticking out behind him. It just looks a bit jarring.

Yeah, I tried to make it subtle little hooks, but that effect didn’t pan out. Same for the foreshortening on the sheath arm. I’ve only been doing character drawing since mid October, and using markers since Christmas, so I look forward to the chance to get better and flesh out my abilities. As for the armour, I figured whereas a normal soldier would have chain mail or some such in the gaps, the Moranth are related to the Barghast so I just went for barbarian in bug armour rather than full knight in platemail look. Happiest with the boots and helmet, the rest is just me learning how to wrap fleshy humans.
Thanks though!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users