• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Winter Olympics 2018

#61 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

While we're talking appearance of curlers, need to make a brief mention of how "fun sized" the whole Japanese team is. Seriously, I have seen them in person. They make Kaitlyn Lawes (and yum) look tall.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#62 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

View PostThe Swampfather, on 20 February 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

As the closing of the Games draws nearer I wonder how many NK have decided to remain free and will refuse to board the buses home. No telling exactly what threats they had to endure before they were allowed to leave.

From what I've heard, their family members in NK will be killed if they don't return.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#63 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:04 AM

Lol, I mean the answer is no, but let twitter have its dreams, and the people have their privacy.

This post has been edited by Nevyn: 21 February 2018 - 02:31 PM

Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#64 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:33 AM

View PostThe Swampfather, on 21 February 2018 - 02:56 AM, said:

I see the speculation is once again going nuts on if Virtue and Moir are fucking...

Will this info make any difference in your life? Let them have their glory. Who cares if they are fucking or did in the past? Much more important things to gnaw on.

I get your point.

But there's no way in heaven or hell that they haven't at least once.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#65 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Damn, the U.S.A. Men's Curling team is on a roll (or a slide, if you will) <<<< see what I did there? Posted Image

If you guys haven't had a chance to watch them yet, you should try to. They are a fun bunch of dudes. Very entertaining.

And, oh snap!
Posted Image

#66 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 21 February 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

Damn, the U.S.A. Men's Curling team is on a roll (or a slide, if you will) <<<< see what I did there? Posted Image

If you guys haven't had a chance to watch them yet, you should try to. They are a fun bunch of dudes. Very entertaining.

And, oh snap!
Posted Image

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN.

...tho i can forgive her a lot (almost all of the LOOK WHO'S TALKING flics) because of CHEERS.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#67 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:18 PM

I was trying to think of movies she's appeared in. I forgot about the Look Who's Talking movies (which I've never watched). Are those moves with talking babies or something?

Doesn't she appear in one of the early Star Trek movies? Other then that, I always just knew her as the annoying chick who replaced the other annoying chick on Cheers.

#68 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:25 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion that Mr T pities Kirstey Alley.

#69 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:01 AM

I really love how supportive everyone seems to be of each other. I've not seen any grumpy anger or anything. People are so ready to congratulate the others who beat them it's lovely and refreshing!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#70 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:17 AM

YEEEEEEEEEEES! U.S.A.Women's Ice Hockey takes the gold! Beats Canada! Suck it Canada ! ! ! ! ! !

How does that feel! You maple syrup drinking, Cafucks!
Posted Image

#71 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:46 AM

Pft, none of you plebians can match the record breaking glory that is Norway's medal count!
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#72 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:48 PM

Ah shucky ducky! The trend of U.S.A making Canada its bitch keeps rolling on! US Men's Curling Team defeats Canada to advance to Gold medal match!

Canada? More like Can't-A-Duh.

How do you like them apples Malazan Canadians?
Posted Image

#73 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:00 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 February 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

YEEEEEEEEEEES! U.S.A.Women's Ice Hockey takes the gold! Beats Canada! Suck it Canada ! ! ! ! ! !

How does that feel! You maple syrup drinking, Cafucks!

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 February 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

Ah shucky ducky! The trend of U.S.A making Canada its bitch keeps rolling on! US Men's Curling Team defeats Canada to advance to Gold medal match!

War of 1812.
You've been playing catch-up ever since.

#74 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

View PostAbyss, on 22 February 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

View PostMalankatrolly, on 22 February 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

War of 1812.
You've been playing catch-up ever since.

Right?

20 years of gold seems like a fine record to me as well. Some people just want to stir the pot...after 20 straight years of having their asses handed to them.

And overall medal count is still Norway (Morgoth's people own ALL of us) by a long shot, followed by Germany and then Canada...so you know...perspective.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 22 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#75 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image

#76 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

View PostAbyss, on 22 February 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

Attached File  Floki1.jpg (35.34K)
Number of downloads: 0

#77 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:03 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 February 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

Americans lose in hockey : "Bah, no one cares about hockey".

Americans win at hockey: "Woooooo!! We won the most important thing ever ! Look at us ! Weeehaaawww!"

#78 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

View PostNevyn, on 22 February 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

Americans win at hockey: "Woooooo!! We won the most important thing ever ! Look at us ! Weeehaaawww!"

True. We do the same with soccer. I like both hockey and soccer myself (probably soccer more so, hockey just doesn't translate well to viewing on television). But yeah, a lot of Americans are fair weather fans. We dominate at so much, especially Summer Olympic sports, it's just hard for us to be enthusiastic about something until we're competing for the gold medal for it. More than anywhere in the world the axiom: "If you aint first, you're last" rings true in the USA." I know that sounds cocky, I don't want to sound that way, but it really is the reality of how things are in the USA. We're just really good at stuff.

#79 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:33 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 22 February 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

View PostNevyn, on 22 February 2018 - 04:03 PM, said:

True. We do the same with soccer. I like both hockey and soccer myself (probably soccer more so, hockey just doesn't translate well to viewing on television). But yeah, a lot of Americans are fair weather fans. We dominate at so much, especially Summer Olympic sports, it's just hard for us to be enthusiastic about something until we're competing for the gold medal for it. More than anywhere in the world the axiom: "If you aint first, you're last" rings true in the USA." I know that sounds cocky, I don't want to sound that way, but it really is the reality of how things are in the USA. We're just really good at stuff.

Now you are just quoting Ricky Bobby.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#80 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:40 PM

View PostThe Swampfather, on 22 February 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

Whoa the Curling stones have green lights on them! Amazing stuff that!

They are actually multicolor lights.

The curler has to let go of the rock before he/she passes the hog line. The stones have detectors in them for when the handle was released and where the stone is. On a legal throw they light up green. If a curler held on two long, they would flash, and they'd burn the rock (stop the rock and not let it disturb others, and not rethrow, or if they didn't notice fast enough, put all the other stones back where they were).

Its called a hog line violation. Hardly ever happens.

But it keeps Walter Sobchak from flashing a piece out on the lanes.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users