Malazan Empire: Erikson auctioning off cameo roles in new novel for charity - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Erikson auctioning off cameo roles in new novel for charity

#1 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

On his Facebook page, Erikson has announced his plan to auction off the names of two characters for his upcoming science fiction novel as part of the Worldbuilders fundraiser.

Regarding tomorrow's Worldbuilders ... I'd like to suggest an auction to appear as characters in my soon-to-be released (October 2018) First Contact novel, Rejoice, A Knife to the Heart. What I will offer is two characters who in the novel will be a couple (any gender). The auction would be for any pair of people (friend, partner, mortal enemy). In the novel they will be organic famers, the country of origin/setting to be determined by the winners' place of residence. In addition to this appearance, I will send each winner a signed copy of the novel (hardcover) upon publication. Details on the venue to follow, but I thought I'd give you all a head's up first, for being such friendly people.

#2 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:06 PM

He's also going to be part of a multi-author AMA on Reddit today (November 29).

#3 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

Neat. Thanks!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#4 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

View PostArchieVist, on 29 November 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

He's also going to be part of a multi-author AMA on Reddit today (November 29).

It's actually an AYA - the authors get to ask US anything, not the other way around! :p
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#5 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:37 AM

View PostArchieVist, on 29 November 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

On his Facebook page, Erikson has announced his plan to auction off the names of two characters for his upcoming science fiction novel as part of the Worldbuilders fundraiser.

Regarding tomorrow's Worldbuilders ... I'd like to suggest an auction to appear as characters in my soon-to-be released (October 2018) First Contact novel, Rejoice, A Knife to the Heart. What I will offer is two characters who in the novel will be a couple (any gender). The auction would be for any pair of people (friend, partner, mortal enemy). In the novel they will be organic famers, the country of origin/setting to be determined by the winners' place of residence. In addition to this appearance, I will send each winner a signed copy of the novel (hardcover) upon publication. Details on the venue to follow, but I thought I'd give you all a head's up first, for being such friendly people.

We need to win the auction and go for the most unlikely pair of organic farmers.

I suggest it has to be Karsa Orlong and Shurq Elalle.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#6 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:06 AM

Here's the listing on Ebay.

#7 User is offline   polle 

• Recruit

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:26 AM

View PostMessremb, on 30 November 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

View PostArchieVist, on 29 November 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

We need to win the auction and go for the most unlikely pair of organic farmers.

I suggest it has to be Karsa Orlong and Shurq Elalle.

Surely we should nominate the Kenryll'ah brothers from Midnight Tides and Reaper's Gale! Although I don't remember them having actual names?

#8 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:07 AM

My suggestion would be Whiskeyjack and Korlat :p

#9 User is offline   ArchieVist 

• Captain

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:43 AM

For those interested, the winning bid was US $1,650.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users