• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Weinstein Celebrity Dead Pool

#121 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:04 AM

View Postworry, on 20 November 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Regarding penises, I think the accidental boner thing is kind of cartoony, and dudes try to get away with the perception that it's an automatic, unstoppable response to stimuli and they just can't help it.
It's mostly not true!
Typically the scenario would be a dude is reminded of sex by some stimulus OR his mind wanders towards sex "before he knows it" -- speaking generously -- and thus he'd get a boner in inappropriate times that he might want to claim is accidental or unintended. But that whole process isn't an automatic response, like sweating or whatever...it's closer to normal letting yourself get distracted and being careless (again, speaking generously -- it can also be just plain creepy in certain contexts).
There are contexts where it's closer to reflex, but I am saying if a dude gets a boner at a weird time it's because of what he's thinking, not because of something that has happened to him. And any dude who's like "oops, how did that get there?" is trying to pull a fast one.

This is not true across the entire gender. Inadvertent triggers for erections are rife — anything stimulatory can act as a trigger, sexual or not. And individuals' minimum levels of stimulation to achieve erection vary wildly based on both environmental and hereditary factors.

There's a reason the trope is so widespread.

#122 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:38 AM

I once got a boner riding in a golf cart for the first time. The cart path on the back 9 had a lot of washed out ripples on the path from recent heavy rains. They are commonly known as "washboards" because they mimic the old timey washboards back in the day that were used to clean clothes. You guys may know them as a hillbilly musical instrument too. Anyway, as we were driving over these "washboards" the vibration was just right to give me a raging erection. I didn't lose my goo or anything, but I found myself in the awkward situation of sitting in the cart until things "settled down" before I could have a go at my next shot. I played it off like I was figuring out mistakes on my score card until things were back to normal. No one was the wiser.Posted Image

[EDIT] TMI?

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 21 November 2017 - 01:38 AM

#123 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:39 AM

The thing though is that TV doesn't present poker players as standing up free of the table so that there's equal opportunity to present wet from bodily fluids clothes to the public.

It's also a charity match between people who are ostensibly friends. Doing biologically based stuff like this to a friend (who isn't nearly as rich or powerful within the industry as you) in a televised charity match is gross.

Charlie Rose is grosser for the harassment and people he drove out of the industry, but that doesn't mean what Alexander did isn't gross even if you don't view lactating as anything bad. It isn't, but playing the odds on making a woman do it just to get a rise in a charity poker game is gross. She's being televised, Alexander is a long time industry star, and if she loses her cool visibly, bad things could happen to her career the way Hollywood and society is set up now.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#124 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:52 AM

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 21 November 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

A: This is not true across the entire gender. Inadvertent triggers for erections are rife — anything stimulatory can act as a trigger, sexual or not. And individuals' minimum levels of stimulation to achieve erection vary wildly based on both environmental and hereditary factors.

B: There's a reason the trope is so widespread.

I'll agree both A and B are true, just not that A is the explanation for B.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#125 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:34 AM

Regarding penises...

View PostWhisperzzzzzzz, on 21 November 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

This is not true across the entire gender. Inadvertent triggers for erections are...

View PostMalankazooie, on 21 November 2017 - 01:38 AM, said:

They are commonly known as "washboards" because they mimic the old timey washboards back in the day that were used to clean clothes.

View Postworry, on 21 November 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

I'll agree both A and B are true, just not that A is the explanation for B.

Posted Image

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#126 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

I am a MAN with a PENIS, AMA.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#127 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Does it have a name?

#128 User is offline   koehkont 

• Sergeant

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

View PostAlternative Goose, on 21 November 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

Does it have a name?

Ghee Buttersnaps

#129 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

View Postkoehkont, on 21 November 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

Does it have a name?

Ghee Buttersnaps

Imagine Dragons

Posted Image

#130 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:36 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 21 November 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Is it attached?
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#131 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:18 AM

#132 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

View PostAbyss, on 22 November 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 21 November 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Is it attached?

You can have them attached now?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#133 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

Does it have a name?

Wee Willy Winkie
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#134 User is offline   Gust Hubb 

• Necromancer Extraordinaire
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Glass slides with entrapped bits of colored tissue
  • Around, just quiet....er

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

Penis. Just like my balls are named right testicle and left testicle.
"You don't clean u other peoples messes.... You roll in them like a dog on leftover smoked whitefish torn out f the trash by raccoons after Sunday brunch on a hot day."
~Abyss

#135 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

Oh, David O. Russel should already be on this list. In fact from what I understand he belongs high up near the top with Weinstein with his history.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#136 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

For the record, I originally brought it up as a reply to Abyss worrying about Seinfeld cast members, and because I had just seen the twitter thread the day before. I wasn't equating it with Weinstein's deeds, and I didn't expect it to blow up in thread focus, it was more like (alongside Jerry's teen bride and Michael Richards' n-word meltdown) a "don't trust any of them!" half-joking response (though I'm 100% earnest about my feelings on what he did).

Regarding penises, I think the accidental boner thing is kind of cartoony, and dudes try to get away with the perception that it's an automatic, unstoppable response to stimuli and they just can't help it.
It's mostly not true!
Typically the scenario would be a dude is reminded of sex by some stimulus OR his mind wanders towards sex "before he knows it" -- speaking generously -- and thus he'd get a boner in inappropriate times that he might want to claim is accidental or unintended. But that whole process isn't an automatic response, like sweating or whatever...it's closer to normal letting yourself get distracted and being careless (again, speaking generously -- it can also be just plain creepy in certain contexts).
There are contexts where it's closer to reflex, but I am saying if a dude gets a boner at a weird time it's because of what he's thinking, not because of something that has happened to him. And any dude who's like "oops, how did that get there?" is trying to pull a fast one.

I’m not weighing in on the argument, but this isn’t how penises work. Involuntary and random erections are super common, especially for younger guys. That doesn’t excuse acting like a creep, but saying that almost all erections are because of a conscious thought process is false and contrary to basic human biology.
Error: Signature not valid

#137 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:49 PM

Has anyone ever cracked the secret of morning wood? I still think science is trying to figure that out. That first pee in the morning is always a doozy for most guys.

#138 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:54 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 25 November 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

For the record, I originally brought it up as a reply to Abyss worrying about Seinfeld cast members, and because I had just seen the twitter thread the day before. I wasn't equating it with Weinstein's deeds, and I didn't expect it to blow up in thread focus, it was more like (alongside Jerry's teen bride and Michael Richards' n-word meltdown) a "don't trust any of them!" half-joking response (though I'm 100% earnest about my feelings on what he did).

It's mostly not true!

I’m not weighing in on the argument, but this isn’t how penises work. Involuntary and random erections are super common, especially for younger guys. That doesn’t excuse acting like a creep, but saying that almost all erections are because of a conscious thought process is false and contrary to basic human biology.

Not my basic human biology apparently. The notion of an 'involuntary' bone is alien to me. Frequent, yes, ill timed, yes, but always with an identifiable trigger. Never just 'what's that doing there?'
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#139 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

Nah
The fellow pops up by triggers, yes, but also randomly. Massively awkwardly so at times.

Morning wood afaik has been dealt with scientifically, something to do with dreams and bed sheets rubbing against skin.

#140 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:04 PM

To quote billy Connolly

'he can't tell the difference between a vagina and and number 37 bus'

Share this topic:

• 62 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic