• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 146 - The Benses V Something Special - Game Thread

#681 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:26 AM

It is Day 4. 34 hours and 57 minutes remaining

10 Players still alive: Aranatha, Ay Estos, Dejim Nebrahl, Eldat Pressen, Fanderay, Jalan, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Ruse, Thyrllan

6 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night.

1 Vote for Ay Estos ( Fanderay )

Players not voted: Aranatha, Ay Estos, Dejim Nebrahl, Eldat Pressen, Jalan, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Ruse, Thyrllan
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#682 User is offline   Ruse 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:51 AM

I thought Kalse jumping off the train was him trying to protect his master BB. I thought if Osseric was UB he would have stayed on the train.

#683 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

It is Day 4. 30 hours and 31 minutes remaining

10 Players still alive: Aranatha, Ay Estos, Dejim Nebrahl, Eldat Pressen, Fanderay, Jalan, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Ruse, Thyrllan

Players not voted: Aranatha, Ay Estos, Dejim Nebrahl, Eldat Pressen, Jalan, Merrid, Nimander Golit, Ruse, Thyrllan
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#684 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:35 PM

It is Day 4. 28 hours and 47 minutes remaining

#685 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

Checking in, just got to work.

Well, that was a fiasco, but according to Kalse my alternative (Jalan) was also barking up the wrong tree, so I'll have to take another look at who's left.

My initial reaction though is vote for Thyr, because I really don't remember anything they did this game, and taking an uber-low-poster into an endgame of Benses is a doubly bad idea.

#686 User is offline   Dejim Nebrahl 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

I think we're doing alright. Yes, we're not hitting scum, which would be the ideal, but we are eliminating those who were likely to have continuing question marks hanging over them if they'd survived. The likelihood is that the game will go down to d-day even if we were to hit BB now, simply because of the reset engendered by the mechanic.

So I'm not particularly worried or fazed by the progress of the game so far.

#687 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

View PostRuse, on 15 November 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

I thought Kalse jumping off the train was him trying to protect his master BB. I thought if Osseric was UB he would have stayed on the train.

I've seen the sum of Ruse's posts in whole as perfect symp play. Ruse stays in game often, trying to play a highly interested townie, but reminds me of someone keeping a fire burning by tossing logs into the flames.

Ruse gives enough, more than enough, input to maintain high visibility on thread, but doesn't really say anything concrete. I believe his intentions are to stir the pot, muddy the thread, and help push lynches. This is 101 symp play.

At this point in the game, I feel we learn the most by lynching Ruse, hoping to hit scum, narrowing down the suspect list and limiting multiple accusations associated with the player.

Here is where I want and will be voting in time. I will not do so without hearing from Ruse and the rest of the thread. The consensus may be that we do not wish to vote a potential symp, wishing to build a case for BB in the stead.

More thought leads me towards thinking how Big Ben could also choose a behavior similar to Ruse, simply due to the fact that he does have a jump.

#688 User is offline   Merrid 

• Captain

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

View PostEldat Pressen, on 15 November 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

I've seen the sum of Ruse's posts in whole as perfect symp play. Ruse stays in game often, trying to play a highly interested townie, but reminds me of someone keeping a fire burning by tossing logs into the flames.

Ruse gives enough, more than enough, input to maintain high visibility on thread, but doesn't really say anything concrete. I believe his intentions are to stir the pot, muddy the thread, and help push lynches. This is 101 symp play.

At this point in the game, I feel we learn the most by lynching Ruse, hoping to hit scum, narrowing down the suspect list and limiting multiple accusations associated with the player.

Here is where I want and will be voting in time. I will not do so without hearing from Ruse and the rest of the thread. The consensus may be that we do not wish to vote a potential symp, wishing to build a case for BB in the stead.

More thought leads me towards thinking how Big Ben could also choose a behavior similar to Ruse, simply due to the fact that he does have a jump.

So, to clarify: do you think Ruse is BB or UB?

Because I really don't think we should be voting based on who we think is UB. Osseric's lynch shows that's pretty much a waste of time.

#689 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

It is Day 4. 26 hours and 56 minutes remaining

#690 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

I like the Ruse idea. But I need to read up more.

#691 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

Ok so after a read up, it was quite startling how fast that Osseric train happened - from 1 vote to a lynch. I think Ruse helped push it along nicely. He is looking more suspicious than ever.

#692 User is offline   Eldat Pressen 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

View PostMerrid, on 15 November 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

Because I really don't think we should be voting based on who we think is UB. Osseric's lynch shows that's pretty much a waste of time.

Well, in my post I hoped to convey the likelihood that Ruse was acting like the textbook symp, so I was saying I felt Ruse more likely UB. That's why I added I wanted to wait for the thread in case a symp search and destroy would be what we wanted.

I also feel and mentioned that it's possible BB would act like Ruse, symping for himself before his jump.

Let's use the day wisely. I plan on posting thoughts over the span of the day as opposed to spamming them all in a short time.

The variables may change, but at this moment, Ruse is clearly a high profile player who could offer us valuable information with a lynch.

#693 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#694 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Nimander Golit: 15 November 2017 - 05:12 PM

#695 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#696 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#697 User is offline   Nimander Golit 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Nimander Golit: 15 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

#698 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:32 PM

View PostThyrllan, on 15 November 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

Ok so after a read up, it was quite startling how fast that Osseric train happened - from 1 vote to a lynch. I think Ruse helped push it along nicely. He is looking more suspicious than ever.

Yes, too many bodies piling too fast onto a lynch where the expected CF was innocent. Too many to all be scum though.

#699 User is offline   Fanderay 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

View PostMerrid, on 15 November 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

I'm re-caffeinating but can't actually remember Aranatha or Thyrllan having a presence on thread. What are both of your thoughts on them as a quiet UB?

#700 User is offline   Ay Estos 

• Recruit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

Unless I was right about Osseric being UB (which we'll only know post-game) my suggestions so far have been shit, so I'm going to try looking at people who haven't really pinged my scumdar.

Surprised they killed Kalse, he was a likely candidate for today's lynch.

Share this topic:

• 60 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users