• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Gifted Set in X-Men Uni

#1 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

I said I would thread this up if I liked it still by ep 3-4 but I just watched ep 1 and couldn't wait. Hopefully it doesn't fizzle out but that was a hell of a strong opening. I think it has to be set a few years before Logan based on a convo.

We ll see how it goes.

#2 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Cap
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Being Awesome

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:56 AM

We didn't expect to, but the wife and I really enjoyed it!

Really neat that the brotherhood (and x-men) are gone/in hiding...and Polaris, Magnetos daughter, is a main.

Plus, anything with one of my all time fave mutants, Blink, in it...gives me more reasons to watch.

Solid pilot. I'm in for a while as it stands,

And BK, I think you're right...before LOGAN, but after whatever tragedy occurred to the X men and brotherhood and forced the rest into hiding...probably whatever Charles did.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 09 October 2017 - 12:58 AM

“Judge them for what they wished to be,” he begged the Father of Gods, “not what the world made of them.”
― Nicholas Eames, Kings of the Wyld

#3 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:07 AM

I love Jamie Chung! Funny how she started off on The Real World and was able to turn it into a career. I believe she is the only one who was able to do this at this lvl.

I recognize the name Polaris but that’s about it. I thought only Scarlet and Quick was Mags offspring. Are there others?

Yeah though very solid pilot imo and the cg was pretty good for tv. I have high hopes for this now so hopefully we won’t be burned in the coming weeks.

Stan The Man!

#4 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Cap

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:11 AM

Lorna (Polaris) has magnetism powers so close to Magneto's that she LONG suspected her was her father...but it wasn't proven until Uncanny Xmen 400-something.

But yeah, he's her daddy.
“Judge them for what they wished to be,” he begged the Father of Gods, “not what the world made of them.”

#5 User is offline   acesn8s 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

Watched episode 2, I like this show.
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#6 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Cap

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:14 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 12 October 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

Watched episode 2, I like this show.

Me too. Really solid storytelling, and really decent acting.

Also, the touchstones of them actually mentioning the X-Men and Brotherhood aloud...already makes it better than any of the other Marvel properties, in that respect, which all refuse to connect those dots.

#7 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:48 PM

Hmm the July 15th “Insicident”. Interesting.

Man I’m glad I threaded this so early. This has been very fun.

#8 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Cap

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

View PostBriar King, on 12 October 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

Hmm the July 15th “Insicident”. Interesting.

Man I’m glad I threaded this so early. This has been very fun.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's whatever Charles did that is referenced in LOGAN when his dementia began to take hold and he lost control of his powers, killing not only X-men, but humans too.

The Sentinel agent said: "“People talk about the X-Men, they talk about the Brotherhood, here’s the thing: I’m never going to know if the blast of energy that killed my daughter came from a good mutant or a bad mutant,”"

That sounds to me like the Prof X losing control event that Wolverine refused to talk about in LOGAN.

Now I'm fairly sure the first season will contain an entire flashback episode (through one of the mutant main character's eyes [calling it as either Blink or Polaris]) detailing the July 15th Incident. Perhaps the penultimate ep of the season?

#9 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Cap

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

Also, can we talk about the fact that the grandmother of Papa Strucker (seen at the bowling alley, and being interrogated by Sentinel services later)...would essentially be nazi/Hyrda head honcho Baron Von Strucker's, wife?

#10 User is offline   acesn8s 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 October 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Also, can we talk about the fact that the grandmother of Papa Strucker (seen at the bowling alley, and being interrogated by Sentinel services later)...would essentially be nazi/Hyrda head honcho Baron Von Strucker's, wife?

It's also cool that we get both Jesse and Maddie from Burn Notice in the same show!

I love how Amy Acker can credibly pass for a 20 something's girlfriend.

So, the mutant sibling article from Rio, is that from the comics? I don't recall a lot of Brazilian mutants...Sunspot?
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#11 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Cap

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 12 October 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 October 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

It's also cool that we get both Jesse and Maddie from Burn Notice in the same show!

I love how Amy Acker can credibly pass for a 20 something's girlfriend.

So, the mutant sibling article from Rio, is that from the comics? I don't recall a lot of Brazilian mutants...Sunspot?

Sunspot and Renata Da Lima (Bouncer)...they weren't siblings though. There was also Lara Dos Santos (Shark-Girl)...

But those are mutants that are recent-ish in the grand scheme, and the news article Dr. Campbell (Ahab) was looking at was from the 1960's...which leads me to believe it's someone from Brazil who is older?

Sunspot is the best guess for one of the siblings though...

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

#12 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

I’m thinking Sunspot on him.

I had a very perverted thought earlier though. How could he have knocked up Polaris with his molten jizz? It’s essential he pulls out. Poor guy lol

#13 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Cap

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:42 PM

View PostBriar King, on 12 October 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

I had a very perverted thought earlier though. How could he have knocked up Polaris with his molten jizz? It’s essential he pulls out. Poor guy lol

Meh, his blood is molten, but probably not his "stuff".

#14 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 October 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 12 October 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

Meh, his blood is molten, but probably not his "stuff".

Ha I know, otherwise he would need special facilities every time he pissed or shit to.

Lava jizz is a funny thought though

#15 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

Damn I wish I could find my old Marvel cards... I had the complete sets minus a few holograms of 1-4. Set 2 was the best with its balling stats graph for each character.

#16 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:49 AM

I thought this was Warpath but he is Thunderbird his brother(never heard of him).

#17 User is offline   acesn8s 

• House Knight

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostBriar King, on 15 October 2017 - 01:49 AM, said:

I thought this was Warpath but he is Thunderbird his brother(never heard of him).

Thunderbird is a character from when Marvel revamped the original X-men with: Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird, and Banshee, Colossus, and Sunfire.

#18 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

Other guy is Eclipse and not Sunfire or Sunspot.

#19 User is offline   Briar King 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

Liked Ep 3 but I found it the weakest so far.

#20 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Cap

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

The most recent ep was pretty darned great!

I think the two plot lines worked admirably together...with Ward basically helping Sentinel services until he's presented with the reality of what that means to regular mutants (the mom and daughter)...and he makes the right choice (I pumped my fist when h told the Sentinel services guy off), and the one with the mom's brother and the townspeople juxtaposed that.

I'm curious where the Blink/Thunderbird/Dreamer plot line goes with Blink having been given Dreamer's lovey-dovey memories of Thunderbird.

Also, I want Polaris out of the prison. She's SUCH a cool character!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 24 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users