• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Midnight tides Help

#1 User is offline   robako74 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

I'm a massive fan of adult fantasy or more so the" grimdark " genre,
Malaz definitely gets me in that department but I'm struggling with midnight tides. Previous books were the first law of Abercrombie which were outstanding. Basically please tell me to keep going , I want to get back to Kalam, Ben and Fiddler, why in gods name did he kill off Whidkeyjack?? I read that Malaz was a slow burner just struggling with this one, tempted to go to Lawrence's new one

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:03 PM

Midnight Tides sets the setting for the third of the tripod. 1st: Genebackis; 2nd: Seven Cities; 3rd Letherii +. Midnight Tides is my favorite in the series, but you'll get back to the people you love in an awesomely awesome fashion.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#3 User is offline   Lisheo 

• Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

View Postrobako74, on 12 August 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

Malaz definitely gets me in that department but I'm struggling with midnight tides. Previous books were the first law of Abercrombie which were outstanding. Basically please tell me to keep going , I want to get back to Kalam, Ben and Fiddler, why in gods name did he kill off Whidkeyjack?? I read that Malaz was a slow burner just struggling with this one, tempted to go to Lawrence's new one

It's my favourite book in the entire Malazan series by both authors. By a long mile. Give it time; I found it very challenging to get into at first, too, but I promise you, it's more than rewarding. It's the first time Erikson really moves on from the Black Company/Conan formula and strikes off on his own instead of playing with existing fantasy tropes.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville

#4 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:36 AM

A random Lisheo appears! Hi Lish!
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#5 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

You must Finish this ....

to get to the mother of all convergences.

#6 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:35 PM

Midnight Tides is just where you discover it was a bigger story than you thought.

He needs to bring in new characters and settings to get those already introduced where they need to be.

And if you weren't upset at Whiskeyjack dying, then there would have been no point to Whiskeyjack dying.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users