Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Confused on what Kulp did

#1 User is offline   TheHoundsCall 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

So I just finished the part in DHG where Kulp is trying to figure out how to get out of the elder shadow warren with the "ghost ship". Now maybe I don't know how to picture what he did but here is what I think happened. If I'm missing something please tell me.
- Kulp enters Meanas warren (his warren) while in the elder warren
- he sees a dragon soletaken and lays down on his stomach to hide?
- then he utters some words to tear a rent in his warren so he can drag the ship through.
- he makes a prayer to ascendants to help him close the rip.
- the dragon channels power through him along with others to help make his illusion real.
- the rent seals and the ship is through. Except now they are in Meanas?

So if what I described is what happened then I guess I follow but it was pretty confusing so if I missed something please help. It's the first chapter in The Chain of Dogs

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

My understanding was that Kulp just used his warren. He/the ship were never actually in Shadow.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   TheHoundsCall 

• Corporal

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

Ok then I am confused. Kulp said, "the entire Elder warren they found themselves in was flooded, a soupy shallow sea. The oarsmen could propel Silandra onward for a thousand years until the wood rotted in their dead hands.... to escape they needed a way to shift warrens"

#4 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

And they did... The Nascent to Kurald Thyrllan to the real world, through a portal created by Meanas.

I may be missing a subtlety tho.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#5 User is offline   The_Blind_Scout 

• Recruit

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

It has been a while since I last read DG, but I think the problem was one of the Warren rules was that you could open a portal from land to land, or water to water, but not cross over between the two, and there is no water in Meanas, so he had to manipulate the Warren by making it appear to flow in order to fool the warren into thinking there was water to allow the portals.

#6 User is offline   HarshMillennium 

• Recruit

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:35 PM

The above post is right. Meanas is used to create illusions, and he essentially "tricked" the warrens into thinking that there was rippling water there allowing them to pass through. This got them into the next Warren, but because he as screwing about with it, it caused a tear. That's when the dragon and others helped close that tear.

#7 User is offline   Wu ammanas 

• Recruit

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:10 AM

The first thing you have to know is that kulp was a mage of mockra. Mockra like meanas was a child of emurhlain. However in all realms of shadow ,there was no water and the rule is you cannot ride a ship on land and they couldn't well outrun the mad wizard on that low pond hence their need to look for a faster way of movement. The warren they were in was flooded from an injury.Don't forget that to be an adept of emurhlain, you had to start with meanas or mockra and graduate to that.thats why he had to dig deep. After you read other novels in the series you will find out that kurald emurhlain bordered almost all other Warrens. What kulp simply did was find a way to create a rent into kurald thyrllain which was a realm of liquid fire by deceiving the boundaries between them which was not so difficult because he was an adept of a warren which relies on illusions and deceit alot

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users