#21 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostVengeance, on 19 May 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

View PostBlend, on 18 May 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 18 May 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

I like it. It looks good. Should be a lot of fun. What are the odds that the phobic animus gets either lynched or killed right off the bat? Can they be brought back to life? I wouldn't think so. You might want to give him a BP and lynch proof as well. Just so that me makes it to day 3. :D

LoL - with my luck he'll be the first lynched. Anytime I put one of these roles that fuck with others into the game, they always get lynched right away.

I don't want to give him a BP/LP cause his job is to survive - he should be doing his best not to attract too much attention, etc. I feel like the player will be more motivated if they don't have any backups.

Well at least it should take more votes to lynch fear. It takes 60% of the players votes to be able to lynch fear. Rather then just a simple majority. He is too powerful for a simple majority. He is the living embodiment of fear.

I like that better!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#22 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

Nice use of some of the less-frequented mechanics there Blend, fingers crossed for the Animus surviving. I'd personally start with a little RP that includes that as part of a block of text in the early D1 posting where it can be shaken off pretty easily - be interesting to see what the player does.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#23 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

I've added this to Phobic Animus:

Quaking in their Boots (Passive): The other players' fear of you makes it more difficult for them to lynch you. It takes an additional vote for you to be lynched.

------

Not sure what you mean Messremb?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#24 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

I'd RP a little and mix "FEAR SHALL CONTROL YOU ALL" into a post, point it out to you and then carry on RPing for a time longer, give everyone an instant insanity boost and make it more likely I'd be getting lots of dead people crossed off my list.

I like the way that Cabal returns dead tot he original alignment whereas Satan recruits the dead. How does the resurrection mesh with the Animus given that you're doing no CFs? Satan could bring it back, recruit it and get driven mad by it
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#25 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostMessremb, on 19 May 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

I'd RP a little and mix "FEAR SHALL CONTROL YOU ALL" into a post, point it out to you and then carry on RPing for a time longer, give everyone an instant insanity boost and make it more likely I'd be getting lots of dead people crossed off my list.

Nah, there's already going to be a lot of things affecting the fear counter besides the 1 point per day that's inherent in the game. I think starting everyone off at 5 points will just ensure the game ends too quickly.

I like the way that Cabal returns dead tot he original alignment whereas Satan recruits the dead. How does the resurrection mesh with the Animus given that you're doing no CFs? Satan could bring it back, recruit it and get driven mad by it

Yep, that he could.

#26 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

If we don't get an 11th player, I'm going to take Sheriff Raymond Dirk out, he was the addition I made when I had 11 before Mess dropped out.

If I do that, I'm going to give his debrief ability to Shadrach.

This post has been edited by Blend: 19 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

#27 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

So we have:

Mentalist
Gust Hubb
Kruppe of Darujhistan
Khellendros

vs

JPK
Tattersail
Lady Bliss
House

with

Siergiej as Serial Killer

and

Nom as Survivor

----

Should make for an interesting game! Nom rarely lives very long, so this should be a challenge for him. I worry about how active Siergiej may or may not be given his recent absence.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#28 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

Is there a reason I missed that Okrals vote on Trake wasn't in the update?

#29 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:36 AM

Orders so far:

Trake/Satan: Cabal's Power on Prazek Goul (result - not of his faction)
Okral Lom/Astaroth: No action
Prazec Goul/Nyarlathotep: Kill Okral Lom (Prazec gets +1 Fear for targeting Lom)

Questions from the Pubic Animus:

Serc, on 24 May 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 23 May 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Fear is the Mindkiller (Day Action): Once per game, you may say on thread "FEAR SHALL CONTROL YOU ALL" and add 5 points to every player's fear counter.

That means I have to post that on thread right? Can it be implemented into other writing in the post in some way or does it have to be the only thing in the post?

Serc, on 24 May 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

Do I get to know how many fear points does it take for someone to go insane?

I have a feeling some people are more resilient or maybe even immune to fear

This post has been edited by Messremb: 24 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

#30 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

View PostPrazec Goul, on 24 May 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

First, the one I discounted as the most unlikely:
Okral was signalling his leader Trake in the post that started the whole debate. I give him enough credit to trust he didn't do something this stupid.

Umm... yeah.

Signalling your master and telling everyone that you are. Sure fire winner.

I only hope they lynch Lom and decide to check out if he was actually signalling. Poor JPK, I don't doubt he realises what a pickle he's most likely in.

Also that vote on himself? Classic!

#31 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for vote updates and whatnot Mess!
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#32 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

Poor Tatts. Is it instant?

#33 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

Surprised you had it affect the number needed to lynch?

#34 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

View PostMessremb, on 24 May 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

Is what instant?

#35 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

View PostMessremb, on 24 May 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

Surprised you had it affect the number needed to lynch?

Of course, it's not a modkill! :wallbash:

#36 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 24 May 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostMessremb, on 24 May 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

Is what instant?

The lightening. Which obviously it was. There's going to be some hard looks taken at thread now!

#37 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

Alright, Night 1 actions:

Anomandaris = No Action
Gait = No Action
Lock = God's Light on Gait
Rikkter = Consult with Dead on Okral Lom
Prazec Goul = Kill Trake
Serc = Instill Fear on Lock
Trake = Cabal's Power on Prazek Goul
Ultama = No Action

#38 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Should definitely make Day 2 interesting! :wallbash:

Prazec tried to kill Trake, so Trake's BP is now gone, but Trake knows that Prazec is NOT a member of Cabal's faction, so he'll either think he's part of his own team or one of the indies, should make for interesting dynamics on Day 2.

#39 User is offline   Messremb 

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

I'm here on and off to end Day at least within an hour or so of timeout if you need to get away. Freeze starts at EoD?

#40 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:05 AM

Prazec Goul - Kill Trake
Trake - Cabal's Power on Ultama (Would have been a No)
Gait - Demonic Knowledge on Trake if Trake survives. Trake doesn't. (Would have been a Yes)
Anomandaris - Kill Trake
Rikkter - Rational Mind (Rikkter Fear -1)
Serc - Instill fear on Lock (Lock Fear +1)

Trake dies.
Trake is told Ultama is not a member of Johannes Cabal's faction

Close Rikkter/Okral conversation
Trake to SH
All +1 Fear

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users