Malazan Empire: Mafia 142.5 - Bauchelain & Korbal Broach Spoiler Thread - Malazan Empire

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 142.5 - Bauchelain & Korbal Broach Spoiler Thread

#161 User is offline   House 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:🎡⛺🎰✈🚁🚢🎆🎉🎶📷📚💲🔫

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

View PostD, on 21 May 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

View PostHouse, on 21 May 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

View PostD, on 21 May 2017 - 03:44 AM, said:

It's more complex than it initially looked. There's both groups and permission sets. HHM has its own permission set, which gives members access to MAA, but since you two's primary groups are KoD/AbyssArmy your permission set is Regular, which doesn't have access. Not sure how to overwrite it, short of making individual per-user permission sets.

I'll make a PM thread with Silencer to see if we can find a way to do it.

That's odd, because permission sets are basically toggles, with everything defaulted to 0 (no access) that each respective set allows the admin to toggle that setting to 1 (read access), 2 (read/write access - well, write access is another 1, but you get the point), etc. additively.

There shouldn't be a clash because when you add 1 to 0, you have 1, and so on.

I worked as a senior technical support agent for IPS. IP.Board is excellent software.

Correct, but each user only has one permission set applied (based on their primary user group) so that interaction doesn't end up happening (adding or removing a user's secondary user group memberships does not seem to have any affect on their applied permission set).

I found an overwrite to force multiple permission sets to be applied to a user, though, which should presumably act the way that you describe.

3.x had multiple user group and multiple permission mask functionality natively, so I don't understand why you'd need an "overwrite" (guessing you mean mod or add-on) to accomplish this.

Sounds like you found a solution, though?
Everybody Lies.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users