Malazan Empire: What cat should I get instead of a silly dog - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What cat should I get instead of a silly dog What dog should I get. Self explanatory. Except for the cat thing.

#41 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:07 PM

View Postamphibian, on 11 April 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 09 April 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

Allergic to cats!

Cats are awesome! Obviously his allergic reactions with standing the right way to go would be to get a cat and a bunch of allergy medication.

Corrected.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#42 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

Allergic to cats!

Why is nobody reading that he's allergic to cats? This dang board exists because we supposedly have really good reading comprehension.

You have way too high an opinion of us :)

#43 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:32 PM

Allergic to cats!

Why is nobody reading that he's allergic to cats? This dang board exists because we supposedly have really good reading comprehension.

Heh, I thought the poodles were allergic to cats
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#44 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostAbyss, on 11 April 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

View PostCause, on 11 April 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

You guys don't seem to agree on anything.

Cats. We all agree on cats.

Allergic to cats!

We have excellent reading comprehension.
But zero empathy, Cause should just shut up and get a cat because we say so.
Six cats.

View PostApt, on 11 April 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Allergic to cats!

You have way too high an opinion of us :)

That too.

View PostItwæs Nom, on 11 April 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

Heh, I thought the poodles were allergic to cats

Yes, in the way that most people are allergic to sharks.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#45 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:06 PM

I have a 1 year old corgi and he is definitely not low energy. Love him though.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by End of Disc One: 11 April 2017 - 11:08 PM

#46 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:17 AM

You should get a goat! All the rage.

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#47 User is online   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

Haven't read all the replies before responding, about 70%

Don't get purebred, even if the lineage is good, you're usually asking for trouble. Get a first gen cross.

Something with poodle in it shouldn't shed too much.

Re energy, all dogs need walks but yah, things like a husky variant need a lot. We have a springer spaniel, incredibly well tempered and playful, but she can on occasion get jealous of our other dog and then they go at it, we pull them apart and suddenly they're best friends again so I guess the kids warning applies. (But imo the kids warning applies with every single dog in the world ever, don't leave really young kids alone with dogs, people still fucking do this, the. The child wigs their tail or something and the dog gets shot for snapping back)

Anyway, we have a springer, relatively low maintenance, but on wallies be warned, springers (nearly all of them I have encountered) love puddles and muck. They will beeline for anything they can jump into, paddle through or roll around in. Be prepared to hose down regularly.
Our other dog is a first gen jack russell/ chitsu cross. Seems to have pulled the best from both, cute as hell, very affectionate and low enough maintenance, avoids the puddles and muck on walkies as she dislikes getting hosed down.

#48 User is offline   Stormcat 

• cat of storms
  • Interests:sci fi/fantasy books. WoW.

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:34 PM

There is a hypoallergenic cat breed! No fear my cat allergic friend! Devon Rex. They are super cute and have no guard hairs.

#49 User is offline   RACHEL 

• Captain

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

You better do your own research about breed specifics rather than take any advice from this thread. Everyone is going to recommend their favorite breed regardless of how it fits your specifications, or they will warn you against a whole breed based on their limited experience with one or two dogs of that breed. I have bulldogs and I love the breed. A couple people on this thread have cautioned against them saying that they will for sure have huge medical bills and basically suffer through life. That has not been my experience at all. My first bulldog was 11 and he had to be put down because he had cancer and it spread and he stopped eating. Besides being neutered he never had any other medical bills. I had a bulldog mix whose mom was a French bulldog and his dad was a pug French mix and he got a brain disease and died when he was 9. I had a bulldog that just recently had to be put down because she had lung cancer and even in an oxygen incubator she could not get a breath. She was almost thirteen and hadn't been to the vet since she had been spayed. I work at a veterinary clinic but it is for dairy cattle so I can get my dogs their shots and meds if they get an infection but for surgery or any real sickness I have to go to my small animal vet because the doctors I work with haven't worked with dogs and cats since vet school. I don't have to clean my dogs wrinkles every day or do any other upkeep with them that is any different than people do with dogs of other breeds. I am not saying you should get a bulldog but rather pointing out that each dog is very different and you will make a huge mistake if you get a dog based on one persons experience with that breed. People on here have cautioned against purebred dogs yet my mutt died younger than any of my other dogs. I also very rarely take my dogs on walks. They can overheat easy so they don't make it very far before they start breathing heavy. I have a huge fenced in backyard that they can run in and they play with each other to get their energy out. My sister brings her dogs over to play as well. She has an Australian cattle dog and a hound mix and she only takes them for walks a few times a month and they don't have any behavior issues. According to what she read online it was recommended she take the cattle dog for at least two walks a day because they are so high energy and yet her dog is fine with barely any. They do play fetch with her outside and she plays with the other dog to get their energy out. When it comes to dogs they do have things that are breed specific but every dog is different. People always talk about labs and how they are just a great calm family pet but I have known more hyperactive jumpy labs than I have known calm ones. Just get whatever breed you want and see what happens or go to a shelter and get a dog that is not just a puppy so they can give you info on that individual dogs personality.

#50 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostRACHEL, on 12 April 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

You better do your own research about breed specifics rather than take any advice from this thread. Everyone is going to recommend their favorite breed regardless of how it fits your specifications, or they will warn you against a whole breed based on their limited experience with one or two dogs of that breed. I have bulldogs and I love the breed. A couple people on this thread have cautioned against them saying that they will for sure have huge medical bills and basically suffer through life. That has not been my experience at all. My first bulldog was 11 and he had to be put down because he had cancer and it spread and he stopped eating. Besides being neutered he never had any other medical bills. I had a bulldog mix whose mom was a French bulldog and his dad was a pug French mix and he got a brain disease and died when he was 9. I had a bulldog that just recently had to be put down because she had lung cancer and even in an oxygen incubator she could not get a breath. She was almost thirteen and hadn't been to the vet since she had been spayed. I work at a veterinary clinic but it is for dairy cattle so I can get my dogs their shots and meds if they get an infection but for surgery or any real sickness I have to go to my small animal vet because the doctors I work with haven't worked with dogs and cats since vet school. I don't have to clean my dogs wrinkles every day or do any other upkeep with them that is any different than people do with dogs of other breeds. I am not saying you should get a bulldog but rather pointing out that each dog is very different and you will make a huge mistake if you get a dog based on one persons experience with that breed. People on here have cautioned against purebred dogs yet my mutt died younger than any of my other dogs. I also very rarely take my dogs on walks. They can overheat easy so they don't make it very far before they start breathing heavy. I have a huge fenced in backyard that they can run in and they play with each other to get their energy out. My sister brings her dogs over to play as well. She has an Australian cattle dog and a hound mix and she only takes them for walks a few times a month and they don't have any behavior issues. According to what she read online it was recommended she take the cattle dog for at least two walks a day because they are so high energy and yet her dog is fine with barely any. They do play fetch with her outside and she plays with the other dog to get their energy out. When it comes to dogs they do have things that are breed specific but every dog is different. People always talk about labs and how they are just a great calm family pet but I have known more hyperactive jumpy labs than I have known calm ones. Just get whatever breed you want and see what happens or go to a shelter and get a dog that is not just a puppy so they can give you info on that individual dogs personality.

This post makes sense. But I see nothing about Cats.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#51 User is offline   RACHEL 

• Captain

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

OOPS! It seems I forgot to mention the fact that cats are easier to lump together in one group based on their similarities. You can get reliable info on owning a cat by only asking a handful of cat owners about their experiences and they are small and do not require walks. Cats only spend about half their time plotting your death which makes them the perfect pet 50% of the time. https://www.youtube....h?v=5ywjpbThDpE

#52 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

This ten year bulldog I'm dealing with has to have her wrinkles cleaned regularly, cannot poop without getting it all over her stunted tail, is incontinent inside fairly regularly, has an eye growth that regularly bleeds, has several malignant tumors that bleed, a neurological problem with its hind legs that cripples the back legs not quite to the point of incapacity, won't stop eating poop (its own or that of other animals), occasionally has seizures, and has breathing problems.

Despite all of this, she's a sweet dog and is still happy enough to not be on death watch/be put down.

The vet she goes to sees a lot of bulldogs and has expressed her dismay with the bulldog breeds having so many problems. I'm glad Rachel's bulldogs have been healthy, but I'm taking the word of the vet and what I see with other bulldogs I've seen friends have (surgeries, breathing problems).

This post has been edited by amphibian: 12 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#53 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:52 PM

South Africa yeah? Get a penguin. Maybe it'll dance. Or sing.

Or a catguin. Physics will simply stop applying in your house.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#54 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

There's a house down the street that has like five chow chows and they're all big and fat and lay around all the time, plus they look kinda like bears. I've read they have cat-like personalities and have to be socialized young, but other than that (and probably their fur) they don't seem like a hassle. Depending on the size difference between you and them you might even be able to saddle one.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#55 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Cars are lame anyway. What's the big deal.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#56 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 12 April 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

Cars are lame anyway. What's the big deal.

I'm becoming more of a motorbike fan. The roof and heating is handy for winter though
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#57 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

Dang it. Cats. Cats are lame. I love my car!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users