• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

:(

#82 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

Noooo! Well, if anyone can talk Blend out of this madness now it's Ment, but Blend seems completely turned against him. Go Ment & JPK. And Blend, ffs, don't waver now. Ugh, watching this is physical pain.

#83 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

At least Ment is sticking to his guns:

Alkend, on 29 March 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

Ok, so tatts says Mac's CF "baffled" him.

And now I'm supposed to believe he's only NOW considering the possibility that the CF was manipulated?

Fuck, this is the kind of "convenient" epiphanies that make him so hard to take seriously.

I don't care if it loses the game. I'm sticking with the LOGICAL vote. Fuck gut (Blend), and triple-fuck JPK if he's actually the low-posting scum laughing his ass off all game.

------------

And here's more from Blend/Gamelon/RI:

Path-Shaper, on 29 March 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Gamelon, on 29 March 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

If this ends up being a game where "NO ONE WAS SCUM ALL ALONG! SURPRISE!" you will have earned yourself a spot on my list. Probably firmly at the top of my list.

Don't worry, I am very strongly against that sort of thing. I don't think I'm giving anything away when I say that there have been and remain scum players in the game.

ST

Gamelon, on 29 March 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

I didnt really think you did that, just flailing cause of the Mockra CF. LoL

Gamelon, on 29 March 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

This has been a great game. Like one of my faves in a long time.

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#84 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

View PostMockra, on 29 March 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

I thought you might react like that when you got to SH. :(
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#85 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:12 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 29 March 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

View PostMockra, on 29 March 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

I thought you might react like that when you got to SH. :(

This was the stupidest thing I've done in mafia.

Atleast I made up for the modkill *shrug*

#86 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

Looks like JPK is turning on Ment...can't see much hope for town now.

ST

#87 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

Tatts is jumping on the momentum for Ment way too smoothly, Ment will call him out on that I hope. It's about whether he can make Blend and JPK see through Tatts' bullshit - which they did before. Ment can still pull this off.

#88 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

Update from Mr. Scum:

Serc, on 29 March 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

Shit. The good thing here is that the evil coronor must be in the game. No scum cf cause of Hanas means they must think Fanderay is scum.

Serc, on 29 March 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

I love Gamelon and may have to vote Alkend just for being stubborn and correct.

Serc, on 30 March 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Alkend, who I suspect is Ment, is very good at getting out of lynches. People have labelled him the weasel in recent games. This will be the true test of his skills. He says the right stuff, and people may jump on board, but I am hoping Okaros will remain unshakable. Gamelon may think anyone but him.

Serc, on 30 March 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

If you look back at the read up, I missed Fand's posts about there being no kill night one. I cannot explain that at all. It makes sense that he healed correctly, or Hanas was scum. There is no other explanation as there is no guard reveal.

#89 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

Ment has Tatts bang to rights, but I'm not sure he's going to be able to convince the others to follow him on it:

Alkend, on 30 March 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

I think I finally figured out why the fuck tatts irritates me so often.

He starts building a case by slotting a player in as a hypothetical scum, and he reads their posts looking for what fits that preconception.
And he then prevents his cases with the unspoken pre-supposition that "X" is scum.

And I always assume all players are RI, look for posts that deviate from how an uninformed RI would play- so I look for inconsistencies.

Whereas his cases always have an presumed consistency, because he's made the unspoken presumption that the person he is looking at is scum. And I can never accept that presumption at face value.

Alkend, on 30 March 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

The weakness of my methodology is that it's also likely to spot roled town, as also having extra info and being inconsistent with how an RI would play.

But his method is practically begging for confirmation bias to creep in, because he is literally looking for proof of the suggestion that his suspect at the moment is scum, so he always interprets ambiguous statements as scummy.

Case in point: my question about Mac as symp.

#90 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

View PostAlkend, on 30 March 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

okay. Warning, list incoming:

1) the lack of counter-reveal. We can argue till we're blue in the face about a difference of opinion here, but bottom line is, I don't think we should lynch revealed role without a counter. All my further thought processes are based off this, so take it or leave it.
-Mac's reveal is un-verifiable. We have your belated word that he was lying.
-your alternative explanation is that he was a symp, which is prima facie unverifiable.
-you follow up by suggesting that he may have been a killer. You only come up with that today. -Mac self-hammered. I cannot see scum doing that. If Mac did, hands down MotM play to him, but that fact makes me question your "reveal" more than anything.

2) the timing of your "reveal" . It was done on D-day. I cannot understand that. You're bound to invite scrutiny, it's bound to be met with scepticism. If you don't understand why people would be sceptical of a D-day reveal, you're stupider than I give you credit for.
I cannot accept it as genuine, because the timing is too convenient.

3) your "good-bye, cruel thread/good luck, town/oops, I guess I wasn't a hammer, how silly" . Twice. I don't believe it was genuine. I don't believe you lost count of votes on D-day, TWICE. I think it was calculated to elicit pity and give you some kind of "town cred" . It's funny that other than me, the only people alive are the 2 who did the remove votes while you were faking hammers.

4) yesterday, you emphasized how "Mac's CF baffled you" . I called out one inconsistency related to that already.
Today, you started the day by suddenly "remembering" about the CF manipulator, and launched an elaborate explanation of how Mac must've been killer and his CF has been manipulated.
Leaving aside, the plausibility of that whole scenario for a moment, I have to ask myself: you were "baffled" , since (as you've said and confirmed), you expected Mac to CF killer, and not once, until now, did the thought that the CF was manipulated cross your mind before? I'm supposed to believe that this is an "epiphany" you suddenly got on the very definitely D-day?

No, I'm sorry. You are asking me to believe in too many fucking "coincidences" to make your story stick together.

Here, I fucking hate speculating about roles, but there's a far simpler scenario for you:

YOU are the evil coroner/inheritor. Mockra was the killer. Mac was the healer, and either Kas or IE was the coroner.
You revealed to try to keep Mockra alive yesterday, turning the thread on Game. When you failed, you manipulated his CF, and inherited the kill power.

Yes, this is also conjecture, but it requires way less fucking leaps than I'd have to take to believe YOUR story.

Well done Mental. Rep is owed.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#91 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

Fuck yeah Ment, tearing him apart! Now, Blend and JPk just need to choose reason over WIFOM.

Fuck, watching this from the sidelines is killing me.

#92 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

My god it's like mental is reading my mind (From yesterday)

View PostAlkend, on 30 March 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

Okay, following your scenario: I would either not reveal at all (spend my time making cases instead of defending from accusations that come out of the reveal), or is reveal BEFORE THE FUCKING D-Day.

There's two types of town roles: ones that provide town with information (finder, guard, lovers, if they reveal), and the ones that benefit from anonymity, working in the background (healer, vig, BP). Healer revealing late-game contributes nothing, unless they feel confident their immediate reveal nets a scum. Otherwise, they end up being a walking pile of WIFOM- I've., you, if you were telling the truth.
Mac's early reveal makes sense as both frustration and giving the town a heads up that they're down a role- and in case someone tries to claim that role later (like you did). Your reveal makes no sense when it was.

Go Mental Go!!

..I feel a little dirty saying that. But still GO!

#93 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:41 PM

Blend really needs to stop and take a moment to think. Just look at the evidence. Stop WIFOM yourself.

#94 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:58 PM

More PMs:

Blend:

Gamelon, on 30 March 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

I'm honestly really surprised that Alkend as scum has picked up any steam. I should be really suspicious of this. Why are they all turning on Alkend all of a sudden after saying for days that I was the obvious choice for scum if it wasn't Serc/Mockra?

Gamelon, on 30 March 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Are Alkend and Serc Mentalist and Tatts respectively? No wonder this has been such a shit show! I can't believe we let them live that long.

Means Okaros is... uh, Andorion? I don't remember who all was killed/lynched.

Gamelon, on 30 March 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Gods, we are going to have to have a long and hard conversation about counter-reveals after this game, I think.

----------
Mentalist:

Alkend, on 30 March 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Okay, not much else to say.

If tatts is town, I'll be frustrated, annoyed, exasperated, disappointed, but not the least bit surprised.

We should've lynched him yesterday.

Alkend, on 30 March 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

If JPK is killer, he's gotta be feeling like a kid in a candy store.

But it's gotta be tatts, the way he's now floundering in his explanations, right?

Right?

Riiiiiiiight?...... :(

----------
Tattersail:

Serc, on 30 March 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

This is bloody hilarious from where I am sitting. He is right, I hope the other two still want to vote him, again if I lose I lose but I am giving it a go.

#95 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

Stay strong Mental. You have Tatts on the ropes. The only way he wins is if you let up.

#96 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

Phew, looks like town will pull off the win! (Hope I'm not speaking too soon...)

ST

#97 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

Last few PMs:

Blend/Gamelon/RI:

Gamelon, on 30 March 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

1- JPK - Okaros
2- Nom - Mockra
3- LB - Kaschan
4- Blend - Gamelon
5- Sierg - Bek Okhan
6- Ment - Alkend?
7- Macros - Fanderay
8- Tatts - Serc?
9- Gnaw - Hanas
10- Andorion - Iparth Erule

So Okaros is JPK. Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... JPK is a pretty decent player. Really hope that he didn't pull scum though, cause if he's scum and he wins just because he didn't do anything most of the game I'm gonna be disappointed.

Mentalist/Alkend/RI:

Alkend, on 30 March 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Trying to explain to tatts how other people can perfectly legitimately be on a totally different different wavelength is quite literally giving me a headache.

Yes, if he is inno, I will end up voting him for playing like an idiot. But he's completely dismissing the fact that I could be legitimately feeling he's lying through his teeth. And so could Blend.

(if he's town) he got so much support for his unrevealed lynch on Mac that he got it into his head it was the only correct choice and he's refusing to acknowledge that others legitimately feel he should've countered and not doing so makes him incredibly dodgy.

And I'm the one being stubborn?

Tattersail_/Serc/Killer:

Serc, on 30 March 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

I gave myself a chance.

#98 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

Ouch, so Hanas was the killer all along. Hadn't even CONSIDERED that. Too bad he was modkilled. Good job on Tatts for almost pulling that win out though!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#99 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 20 March 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Role allocations via random.org:

Itwaes Nom: Mockra: Bulletproof
Mentalist: Alkend: Innocent
Tattersail: Serc: Evil Coroner
Macros: Fanderay: Healer
Gnaw: Hanas: Killer
Andorion: Iparth Erule: Good Coroner
SiergieJ: Bek Okhan: Innocent
Lady Bliss: Kaschan: Innocent
Blend: Gamelon: Innocent
JPK: Okaros: Innocent

Holy fuck, IE was actually the coroner?

And this is why you should always listen to me, guys, :(
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#100 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Ouch, tough game for tatts to with his killer getting modslain. Still, it left him with no ties.

Why the fuck did you fake-reveal?
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users