Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Kallor Question Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Glass Desert 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:42 PM

If Jacuruku was destroyed when TCG was called down by a group of wizards (to oppose Kallor but still), why was Kallor held responsible? Also, wasn't the Imperial warren formerly the warren of K'chain Che'maile? How was it related to the fall of TCG?

If this is RAFO, I would still like a short summary.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

You're mixing up Korelri and Jacuruku. Korelri was the continent Kallors empire was at war with/planning to invade. The circle of mages on Korelri called down a god but something went wrong and they destroyed themselves.

As a result the Elder Gods came to finally judge Kallor. But before they arrived, Kallor anticipated their anger and burned his own empire in spite (or maybe his followers did and Kallor didn't care? That's a Blood and Bone mystery).

The Imperial Warren didn't exist before K'rul created it to house the burned surface of Korelri Jacuruku. At least not as far as I remember. The speculation is that once upon a time Korelri was ruled by the KCCM or the Nahruk. That is the reason why Kallors empire found a lot of information and technology belonging to the Lizards. And that is also the reason why when people travel through the Imperial Warren they find old burned machines.

One assumes that the reason why the Floating Fortresses showed up in the Imperial Warren is because something important to the Nahruk, be it a landmark or technology, was removed from Korelri and was moved to the Imperial Warren by K'rul.

This post has been edited by Apt: 01 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostApt, on 27 January 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

You're mixing up Korelri and Jacuruku. Korelri was the continent Kallors empire was at war with/planning to invade. The circle of mages on Korelri called down a god but something went wrong and they destroyed themselves.

As a result the Elder Gods came to finally judge Kallor. But before they arrived, Kallor anticipated their anger and burned his own empire in spite...

Yep.

The Imperial Warren didn't exist before K'rul created it to house the burned surface of Korelri. At least not as far as I remember.

We don't actually know that. Warrens are pretty emphemeral things and as of DoD we know Elder Gods and Krul in particular are good at creating them and could have a few sitting around.

The speculation is that once upon a time Korelri was ruled by the KCCM or the Nahruk. That is the reason why Kallors empire found a lot of information and technology belonging to the Lizards. And that is also the reason why when people travel through the Imperial Warren they find old burned machines.

Kallor's comments in MoI re the old Nahruk machines does support this, tho i wonder if perhaps the IW isn't just a really convenient place for the Nahruk to hide their armada until it was time to strike at the Chemalle.
We've seen many people use to IW to travel to pretty much everywhere, so if you were looking to hide an army and drop it on your ancestral enemies, that would be the place to do it.

One assumes that the reason why the Floating Fortresses showed up in the Imperial Warren is because something important to the Nahruk, be it a landmark or technology, was removed from Korelri and was moved to the Imperial Warren by K'rul.

...or that. Back in TB we saw old Nahruk tech still working so, it's entirely possible that's why they were there.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

But according to the prologue of MOI K'rul actually created the Imperial Warren from Jacuruku, not Korelri. Korelri was "just" destroyed, but Jacuruku was all ashes.

#5 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

You're right, I mixed them up.

#6 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

I was a bit worried once you and Abyss agreed with Korelri as I always wrote Jacuruku in the German wiki. Good, no need to go on an error-hunt :lol:

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostApt, on 01 February 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

You're right, I mixed them up.

...and i wasn't paying attention.

That's the last time i agree with you about anything Apt.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#8 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

To sum up: Korelri was physically broken up, like chunks of it went kablooey, thus its weird semi-archipelago nature. Jacaruku mostly had its surface dusted by Kallor w/ K'Chain tech, after the failed attempt on his life. And Imperial Warren is the nickname of K'rul's childhood best friend, Warren Jabowski.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users