Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jaghut Ritual

#1 User is offline   Roland of Gilead 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:19 PM

Doing my 3rd or 4th re-read of the series, and I think I may understand something that I never did before. Let me know what you think of my theory! By the way, long time lurker, love the forums!

Jaghut Ritual - The ritual that is performed to "freeze" the continent after the betrayal of the Tiste Andii. It is clear in the text that this essentially freezes the continent both literally and figuratively. My speculation is that this also "freezes" a lot more of the pantheon than is directly implied in the text. For example, the lack of access to Hood's realm.

My questions are:

1) Does the ritual actually "freeze" the Errant (and for that matter other beings of power like Kilmandaros)? Because he is on Lethar, does this cause the Errant to essentially stop being the Master of the Holds in the other areas of WU?
2) Does the ritual actually "freeze" the Holds themselves?
3) Related to #2, does this "freeze" of the Holds give Krull the opportunity to create the current version of the warrens?

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

This could maybe go in the General Book forum cuz I dunno if the pieces that help answer your questions are found solely in MT.

Re: #1, I tend to think so. He definitely seems limited/stymied, and so relatively unable to advance his interests outside this geographic area. The other explanation, of course, is cowardice...but I'm not sure even that would leave him out of so many events he'd love to have his hands in, and which lessen his grip on power the world over.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Kellanved's shadow 

• The blade in the shadow
  • Interests:being king of high house shadow
    ordering Cotillion
    ordering the Hounds
    commanding shadows (oh wait I am a shadow)

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:59 AM

RE#1: I don't think so because the First Empire (the empire that preceded the Letherii Empire) used the holds and they originated on Seven Cities.
Spoiler

#2: As stated above the First Empire used the Holds in seven Cities and all of the other continents they conquered.

#3: Maybe. The freezing may have weakened the Holds enough that K'rul won the power struggle between him and the Errant.

This post has been edited by Kellanved's shadow: 19 January 2017 - 03:03 AM

"I walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?"
"Yes" said Brood , "you never learn".

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users