View PostD, on 12 December 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostTrake, on 12 December 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

*staggers in*
Imancipor Reese sent me.
*shambles out*

Um, wut?

Come back and elaborate, plz!

*comes back*
Just don't drink the "wine." Particularly if you've already donned your armour.
*wriggles out*

Kesso:

View PostKessobahn, on 12 December 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostOkaros, on 12 December 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

Here.

Kesso, way to go speculating mechanics from your very first post

I'm quite tired of having this conversation. Mechanics conversation in and of itself is no bad thing. Filling the thread with farcical mechanics speculation is. But sensible talk can help you not only get a better understanding of game possibilities (no bad thing for usually initially clueless town), but also lets you in on what others are supposedly thinking and potentially later jump on inconsistencies.

Vote Okaros

For trying to pick an easy target.

1. Open the thread with a bunch of WIFOM
2. Blame someone for picking you as an easy target
3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On a more serious note, I don't think you would be that obnoxious if you were a lone killer. I like the point Iparth is making about D'riss. D goes on about how mech-spec is bad for town on D1 and then starts speculating themselves, but not without hedging their position with the note about being contrary. It's worth prodding further. Let's prod, then. D'riss, can you elaborate on what you mean by:

We don't know if Mancy has even been hired yet.

Sounds like you know something others don't (unless I'm missing something in the opening post by PS)

#42 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:48 PM

Hey now. How comes my vote isn't being counted?

Shenanigans already!?!?

#43 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:18 AM

View PostOkaros, on 12 December 2016 - 11:21 PM, said:

Um, what is Trake going on about here?

*staggers in*
Imancipor Reese sent me.
*shambles out*

View PostTrake, on 12 December 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

*staggers in*
Imancipor Reese sent me.
*shambles out*

Um, wut?

*comes back*
*wriggles out*

Kesso:

Here.

I'm quite tired of having this conversation. Mechanics conversation in and of itself is no bad thing. Filling the thread with farcical mechanics speculation is. But sensible talk can help you not only get a better understanding of game possibilities (no bad thing for usually initially clueless town), but also lets you in on what others are supposedly thinking and potentially later jump on inconsistencies.

Vote Okaros

3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On a more serious note, I don't think you would be that obnoxious if you were a lone killer. I like the point Iparth is making about D'riss. D goes on about how mech-spec is bad for town on D1 and then starts speculating themselves, but not without hedging their position with the note about being contrary. It's worth prodding further. Let's prod, then. D'riss, can you elaborate on what you mean by:

Sounds like you know something others don't (unless I'm missing something in the opening post by PS)

My recollection of Blood Follows I spotty at best, almost non-existent realistically, but I'm pretty sure Mancy gets hired at some point in the novella. As in, it's silly to assume the MBOTF relationship of Mancy knowing KB&B as a status quo. This is confirmed by the opening scene having him read the help wanted ad.

The point being, Kesso making sweeping assumptions (there being 3 town-ish roles with knowledge of ea other ro som degree) is wild speculatio of most WIFOMish nature, and not necessarily consistent with the provided scene to boot.

#44 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:13 AM

View PostIparth Erule, on 12 December 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

View PostD, on 12 December 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

Oh, for the love of... what is this, amateur hour?

Role distribution spec is bad for town in simple games, mmmkay? Because it can lead to false expectations of things like guards/healers/finders. And conversely, if correct, it helps scum look for roles to take out.

This isn't mere musings- we have many in-game examples of this stuff happening, that's how this rule of thumb came about.

And when we start pullin speculation out of our asses, it's unverifiable WIFOM that accomplishes nothing.

So now, to sound totally contrary ( because it's not a pure M&P), if we have 1 killer in a 10 player game, either there's scum LP, a few symps (with possible kill inherit mechanics?), or a diff scenario I haven't thought of?

Because he realises exactly what I have said but then does it himself.

vote d'riss

OMG

vote IE

you totally suck if you cannot tell the difference between what Kesso did and what I did.

#45 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:25 AM

Remove Vote

Vote D'riss for OMGUS voting.

#46 User is offline   Lock 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:18 AM

View PostD, on 13 December 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

The point being, Kesso making sweeping assumptions (there being 3 town-ish roles with knowledge of ea other ro som degree) is wild speculatio of most WIFOMish nature, and not necessarily consistent with the provided scene to boot.

THIS!

I totally agree with this... That being said, I'd say that it means that Kesso is likely some kind of a symp and trying to clutter the thread with crap disguised as content.

#47 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:25 AM

*staggers in*
Imancipor Reese sent me.
*shambles out*

Um, wut?

*comes back*
*wriggles out*

This is odd...

IIRC this is not a pure Blood Follows reference but also a Lees of Laughters End reference

#48 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:25 AM

View PostIparth Erule, on 12 December 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

I understand, from Tappers' point of view, that mechanic talk on day one without any new information is bad for town because there is a billion possibilities. Huge exaggeration on my part but essentially it is wifom. Pure and simple. Town's goal is this game so far is to lynch the one killer. One scum. Ten to one odds of getting it right day one. We don't know what else is going to be behind the game until future events have happened. So that prompts me to want to vote one of those who are trying for new information.

Random Tapper reference

#49 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:32 AM

View PostKessobahn, on 12 December 2016 - 11:27 AM, said:

So we have one killer.

Then we have Reese and Bauchelain and Korbal Broach. I'm guessing that Reese will be a symp to B+KB...but they're not the killers. They're probably lovers though. The killer must have something other than kills though if there's only one in ten players. I imagine this is where remembering a bit more of the story might come in handy.

Kesso role speculates

Here.

Okaros calls him out

Here.

Vote Okaros

Kess doubles down

Role distribution spec is bad for town in simple games, mmmkay? Because it can lead to false expectations of things like guards/healers/finders. And conversely, if correct, it helps scum look for roles to take out.

This isn't mere musings- we have many in-game examples of this stuff happening, that's how this rule of thumb came about.

And when we start pullin speculation out of our asses, it's unverifiable WIFOM that accomplishes nothing.

So now, to sound totally contrary ( because it's not a pure M&P), if we have 1 killer in a 10 player game, either there's scum LP, a few symps (with possible kill inherit mechanics?), or a diff scenario I haven't thought of?

D'riss calls him out then does it anyway

View PostTelas, on 12 December 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

FFS. Role mechanics speculation is par for the course on day 1. It helps us come following dats to see if anyone is a little too right. I've been caught that way and have caught others *cough* *Khell* *cough*.

Telas supports Kesso

View PostIparth Erule, on 12 December 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

Because he realises exactly what I have said but then does it himself.

vote d'riss

IE picks out Driss

I agree here. Driss is being ridiculously two faced

*staggers in*
Imancipor Reese sent me.
*shambles out*

*staggers in*
Imancipor Reese sent me.
*shambles out*

Um, wut?

*comes back*
*wriggles out*

Kesso:

Here.

Vote Okaros

3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree that a lone killer is unlikely to stick out so much. But I have known stranger things to happen

I think Kesso is either an over-eager townie or a symp who is a bit early of his mark

#50 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 04:43 AM

View PostD, on 13 December 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

*staggers in*
Imancipor Reese sent me.
*shambles out*

*staggers in*
Imancipor Reese sent me.
*shambles out*

Um, wut?

*comes back*
*wriggles out*

Kesso:

Here.

Vote Okaros

3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My recollection of Blood Follows I spotty at best, almost non-existent realistically, but I'm pretty sure Mancy gets hired at some point in the novella. As in, it's silly to assume the MBOTF relationship of Mancy knowing KB&B as a status quo. This is confirmed by the opening scene having him read the help wanted ad.

Well of course it's not consistent...now. You know, after PS said setting had no impact on game setup, which was after I posted my so-darn controversial post.

Left that bit of context out of your little stab at analysis and evaluation, didn't ya?

Not to mention - though I will now - your gross overexaggeration about what I said. Sweeping assumptions? Wild speculation? Please. I was being eminently sensible within the context of the game setting...until (afterward) PS went and spoiled it all by stating setting was just a cardboard background.

So why are you so keen to mischaracterise, misconstrue, and generally be an all-round slimy chump?***

***Is the sort of thing D'riss would say based off of a single post.

#51 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:42 AM

It is Day 1. 17 hours and 39 minutes remaining
10 Players still alive: Anthras, D'riss, Iparth Erule, Kaschan, Kessobahn, Lock, Okaros, Sorrit, Telas, Trake

6 votes to lynch, 5 votes to go to night, 11 votes to lynch PS.

1 Vote for Okaros ( Kessobahn )
1 Vote for Iparth Erule ( D'riss )
2 Votes for D'riss ( Iparth Erule, Telas )
1 Vote for Kessobahn ( Anthras )

Players not voted: Kaschan, Lock, Okaros, Sorrit, Trake

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 13 December 2016 - 05:43 AM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#52 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:54 AM

I'm inclined to agree with people pointing out that Kesso's behavior is sympish at worst.

#53 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

My "behaviour" got the game going quick fast, no? Now the real question is, who's not engaging and just letting us yell it out amongst ourselves?

#54 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

A teensy bit early for hunting low posters don't you think?

I am considering D'riss whose behaviour is odd and Trake who has been cryptic and absent.

#55 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostKaschan, on 13 December 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

A teensy bit early for hunting low posters don't you think?

I am considering D'riss whose behaviour is odd and Trake who has been cryptic and absent.

I doubt Trake would be big bad. Stood out too much.

#56 User is offline   Kessobahn 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

We've got like, what? 2 or 3 hours left? I'm sceptical about D'riss being scum - again I think they risked too much by saying "oh don't speculate" - and then speculating themselves straight after. But on the other hand it does get tiring putting in that apostrophe after the D.

Remove Vote

Vote D'riss

#57 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

View PostKessobahn, on 13 December 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

We've got like, what? 2 or 3 hours left? I'm sceptical about D'riss being scum - again I think they risked too much by saying "oh don't speculate" - and then speculating themselves straight after. But on the other hand it does get tiring putting in that apostrophe after the D.

Remove Vote

Vote D'riss

Erm no, I would say we have 8+ hours left.

I am not going to vote so early.

#58 User is offline   Telas 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostKessobahn, on 13 December 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

Remove Vote

Vote D'riss

Baby bouncing Buddha. We've got ~8 hours left.

You're way too fracking eager there Kesso.

Remove Vote

Vote Kessoban

#59 User is offline   Okaros 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:32 PM

Someone forgot to change their timezone settings on the alt account?

Before I vote I would like to hear from Trake and something that's not a cryptic book reference.

#60 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:33 PM

Some one who has been a complete no show is Sorrit. And I would like to know what IE meant by that Tapper reference

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users