• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playstation Experience 2016

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:48 PM

The annual Playstation conference event expo thingy is about to start:

Here's a Neogaf thread about what to expect and not to expect.

http://www.neogaf.co...d.php?t=1321846

Not really sure what to expect myself, nothing announced is making me really exited.

I am sort of hoping they actually reveal something new but I am not hopeful.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:03 PM

Rolling commentary:

Spoiler

Great show this year. Feels like a needed focus on games, new games and new footage, after that technology event a couple months ago.

This post has been edited by Apt: 03 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

#3 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

Anything about Resistance or Killzone? I believe those have been exclusive to Playstation.

Also, any word from Sucker Punch? I think I read somewhere they were working on a Spider Man title, which makes sense because how easy they could drop a Spider Man skin on Infamous, change up some of the play mechanics and it would work great.

Also, I believe Playstation is going to get some Red Dead Redemption 2 (Red Dead Rebellion <<< working title?) exclusives first, any info about that?

[Edit] I'm excited for Horizon: Zero Dawn too. If, as you say, it lives up to the hype.

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 03 December 2016 - 08:35 PM

#4 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:34 AM

Watching it now:

- I knew they'd never leave Uncharted alone, no matter what they said :( Still, I like the twist in Chloe and Nadine being the leads.

- No personal interest in the Capcom fighting games. Crowd seemed excited though.

- More Resident Evil 7 demos. Meh, I'm sure the demos are well done, but can they sustain it for an entire game?

- They're really quadrupling down on the remasters and rereleases and nostalgia factors so far: Crash, Parappa, Wipeout. Excited about Patapon, though. I never played it the first time because I never owned the system, but now it's coming to PS4.

- Last Guardian, looking forward to it. It's one of those games I'm sure I'll find something I like, while reviewers will probably seize on every little thing that didn't quite work.

- Lol, Knack 2, the sequel that literally no one asked for. Still, the trailer makes it look like they've just decided to cut loose with the concept and have some silly fun and coop play, which could be a good direction.

- Gravity Rush 2 looks insane, in a good way.

- Still no definite release date for Gran Turismo Sport. Polyphony and Team ICO appear to be competing with each other for unenviable titles :p

- Ni No Kuni 2 looks even more gorgeous than the first game, incredibly.

- Ah, Yakuza, Japan's answer to Saints' Row and Grand Theft Auto. So help me I love them, glad to see them coming west.

- Looking forwad to Nier 2 - the first one was an underrated gem.

- Dreadnought, giving you the Battlestar Galactica experience you always wanted? We'll see.

- Not sure about Pyre. Bastion and Transistor were great, but this seems more multiplayer focused.

- Now what is this 'Vane'? Most intriguing new game so far announced for me, although hard to tell what it's really about.

- Hey, you know what Absolver is? It's 'Seguleh Training Game'!! Watch that trailer and tell me you don't immediately think of Seguleh :p

- What Remains of Edith Finch. The new Vanishing of Ethan Carter? :p

- I swear Housemarque are releasing a new game every six months. Granted, it's the same game with different skin/one different mechanic...but hey, when you do something well, why stop?

- Quick glimpse at some new indie games coming (but without any names given). The only one I thought I could identify looked like a sequel to Nidhogg (which was a super fun game).

- Let It Die. That's surely a Suda 51 game...it's out and free today! Exciting!

- Nioh's looking good for Ninja Gaiden fans, like me.

- Still hugely looking forward to Horizon, didn't need another trailer to confirm that for me. Looks awesome.

- And lastly, The Last of Us 2, nice.

So what did we learn? Nostalgia factor still going strong, very little that's actually new announced (Vane seemed most intriguing stylistically to me), games which have been due to come out for a long time are still due to come out, and Sony is really putting all their eggs in Naughty Dog's basket. Starting and ending the show with them - the other studios might get jealous :p
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#5 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:45 AM

View PostMalankazooie, on 03 December 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

Anything about Resistance or Killzone? I believe those have been exclusive to Playstation.

Also, any word from Sucker Punch? I think I read somewhere they were working on a Spider Man title, which makes sense because how easy they could drop a Spider Man skin on Infamous, change up some of the play mechanics and it would work great.

Also, I believe Playstation is going to get some Red Dead Redemption 2 (Red Dead Rebellion <<< working title?) exclusives first, any info about that?

[Edit] I'm excited for Horizon: Zero Dawn too. If, as you say, it lives up to the hype.

There were brief glimpses of the Spider-Man game, but nothing substantial (it even said 'Spider Man (Working Title)'). Other than that there was nothing else you mentioned.

#6 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:20 AM

I've been watching the Death Stranding panel, and they revealed that Kojima's partnering with Guerilla Games so that the game will be using the same engine as the one being used for Horizon: Zero Dawn. I guess this is the Sony partnership playing its part.

Edit: And the Uncharted panel revealed that Lost Legacy will be standalone DLC, like Left Behind was for The Last of Us. "Longer than Left Behind, shorter than Uncharted 4". And it takes place after the events of Uncharted 4, in India.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 04 December 2016 - 04:48 AM

#7 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:23 AM

The Last of Us Part 2. Be still my beating heart...
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#8 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 04 December 2016 - 01:34 AM, said:

- I swear Housemarque are releasing a new game every six months. Granted, it's the same game with different skin/one different mechanic...but hey, when you do something well, why stop?

What the hell happened to matteral

#9 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

What was the vita love?

#10 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:12 AM

Yeah what's going on with the vita?
Error: Signature not valid

#11 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:23 AM

The love would be in the way they actually mentioned the handheld console. There have been older conferences where it didn't even get a mention. The thing hasn't sold much more than 10 million and reportedly Sony doesn't really believe in the platform any longer.

Yet, there is a core user base that are very loyal, and there are a lot of small developers who continue to port their games for the Vita.

#12 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:50 AM

Sad!

I own a vita and I both love and hate it. The problem I think was lack of quality control in software releases. They needed games so they released black ops and Resistance before either was even close to ready. It ruined the consoles reputation for triple aaa titles and killed its whole premise. Which is sad because games like uncharted and killzone were amazing for a portable. Also great are the rayman games, resogun and super stardust. I own them all and can't even think of anything else worth owning or buying on the console! Excepting PSP games but that's annoying because hey I could play them on PSP.

Part of me has a secret hope that some games for the switch might find themselves ported to the vita!

#13 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:34 AM

Oops.

This post has been edited by D'riss: 05 December 2016 - 10:35 AM

#14 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:36 AM

I think if I'm remembering right basically all the nostalgia games are coming to the Vita as well - Crash, Parappa, LocoRoco, Patapon, Wipeout, Windjammers. Not 100% on that, but they definitely made a point of emphasising that some of the games they were mentioning would be coming to the Vita also. The guy was even holding a Vita on stage.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users