Malazan Empire: Kingkiller Chronicles - TV & Film (maybe Stage?) Adaptations - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kingkiller Chronicles - TV & Film (maybe Stage?) Adaptations How did Lin-Manuel Miranda get involved in this?

#41 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

View PostMacros, on 07 December 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

its going to be the douchebag he constantly clashes with at school, hes going to inherit somehow and Kvothe is going to off him.

you read it here first.

actually you read it after I read book 2 eleventy billion years ago first.
but you know what I mean

Maybe that's why the last book's taking so long---he wrote the plot when he was twelve, and now everyone's telling him the "Biff from highschool becomes king" concept sucks. He's been struggling to come up with a different king for Kvothe to kill. They brought in LMM to help him.

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 07 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

#42 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:52 PM

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 07 December 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

As a Malazan fan... it would be funny if he split the last book into two books and devoted the first one entirely to Kvothe's training as an assassin mage (The Names of the Shadows...). Tragicomic. (Though a spin-off with Haliax as the main character, in which all that barely concealed Xian malarkey is inverted and the demoniacal perspective is put forth, could be fun.)

Does he just kill one king? He iirc doesn't kill all the kings, or abolish the general category or concept of "king", unless the talk of a king is really about some non-king keeping up the illusion of "rightful" kings continuing to king. I really hope it doesn't end up being that annoying teenage noble from book two---too too YA in (almost?) the worst of ways....

There is a decent chance it will be Ambrose, although when introduced he was something like 12th in the line of succession.

I assume its just one king, but there have been other references to "killing an Angel" and other big events.

But the story is building to a few key screw ups that Kvothe is going to make which explain the state of things that results in the world at the time of narration (Kvothe in hiding, war, invading Fae creatures).

Anyway, Rothfuss was always a slow writer, and now he basically has a full time job running his charity. So it would not be a shock if his story gets overrun by the film/series Winds of Winter style if he isn't careful.

This post has been edited by Nevyn: 07 December 2016 - 08:53 PM

Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#43 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

Sam Raimi attached as director?

#44 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

View PostNevyn, on 07 December 2016 - 08:52 PM, said:

View PostAzath Vitr (D, on 07 December 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

As a Malazan fan... it would be funny if he split the last book into two books and devoted the first one entirely to Kvothe's training as an assassin mage (The Names of the Shadows...). Tragicomic. (Though a spin-off with Haliax as the main character, in which all that barely concealed Xian malarkey is inverted and the demoniacal perspective is put forth, could be fun.)

Does he just kill one king? He iirc doesn't kill all the kings, or abolish the general category or concept of "king", unless the talk of a king is really about some non-king keeping up the illusion of "rightful" kings continuing to king. I really hope it doesn't end up being that annoying teenage noble from book two---too too YA in (almost?) the worst of ways....

There is a decent chance it will be Ambrose, although when introduced he was something like 12th in the line of succession.

I assume its just one king, but there have been other references to "killing an Angel" and other big events.

But the story is building to a few key screw ups that Kvothe is going to make which explain the state of things that results in the world at the time of narration (Kvothe in hiding, war, invading Fae creatures).

Anyway, Rothfuss was always a slow writer, and now he basically has a full time job running his charity. So it would not be a shock if his story gets overrun by the film/series Winds of Winter style if he isn't careful.

Ambrose was 12th but If I recall its strongly hinted that his father is making a power play. I think when Kvothe gets attacked by pirates there is also talk of some of the higher up heirs being killed in some such raid as well. My reading has always been that the king Kvothe kills is not Ambrose but will actually unfortunately help Ambrose become king. I forgot why I felt this way though.
Edit - Yes I remember thinking the guy Kvothe will kill is Ambrose's father

This post has been edited by Cause: 31 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

#45 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 01:56 PM

View PostMacros, on 31 January 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

Sam Raimi attached as director?

I saw this. He's....an odd choice. The closest thing in his bag of films to this would PROBABLY be OZ THE GREAT & POWERFUL...and that was not a good movie. He's also kind of like a less gothic Tim Burton. His stuff is always a little too garish, a little too fake, and a little too over the top.

And this is being written by the person who wrote TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT....sooooo

I'd love to see this series of books done justice on the big screen...I don't think this is the set of people to do it.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#46 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:29 PM

So it's going to be a dragoncowbot?

#47 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:39 PM

View PostMacros, on 31 January 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

I mean, what else would they do? They gotta get the global masses into the seats, better make a Dragoncowbot.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#48 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 31 January 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostMacros, on 31 January 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

I mean, what else would they do? They gotta get the global masses into the seats, better make a Dragoncowbot.

Logically, a dragoncowbot that transforms into an F-35 jet. Maybe a Ford F-150 too.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users