Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia tips and helpful bits mostly for me

#1 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

I think the top of this forum needs cleaned up a bit, we have 4/5 intro threads to the game, a redundant D&D thread and its all very.... bloated.

In addition to possibly compressing/ combining the intro threads, I'm constantly forgetting how to/ don't know how to do a lot of things in thread that are helpful during play.
Isolating individual players posts, showing how many times each player has posted, etc.

I move that after the current game we take a few days and sort the ship out, make it ship shape so to speak.

Possibly have ONE intro to the game thread. and it with one post, with links to articles, that can be hosted on the wiki or something else.
and with a short helpful blurb about the game.

Thank you for your time

#2 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:17 AM

This was a serious post btw.

The top of the forum is a cluttered mess, I think we need to have one WELCOME TO THE MAFIA thread.

Have 8/9 posts with all the other info in them, and the first post just clicky links to those posts.

#3 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:53 AM

I don't think the stickies are that bad but it could be better. I agree with the helpful thread stuff, I know them from Tatt's and Mess who told them in previous games so I can make a thread with the guides for that later today or sometime and someone else can then sort it somewhere appropriate
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#4 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

I merged all of the 101 stuff.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#5 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:08 PM

View PostItwęs Nom, on 24 October 2016 - 10:53 AM, said:

I don't think the stickies are that bad but it could be better. I agree with the helpful thread stuff, I know them from Tatt's and Mess who told them in previous games so I can make a thread with the guides for that later today or sometime and someone else can then sort it somewhere appropriate

Yeah uhm I forgot about this I'll really do it this time, preferably sometime after this game ends

#6 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:46 PM

I think a quick reference guide for useful playing tools, like how to view players post in isolation, how to show how many times players have psoted in a game (I still dont know this one) and any other little thingspeople do/ use to make playing easier for themselves
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#7 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:56 PM

I'd like to be able to view player's posts in isolation too. For how many times each player has posted overall, just click on the displayed number of replies to the topic, it's to the left of the latest post link on the far right when you're looking at the forum proper. You'll get a pop-up window showing the breakdown.

Less confusing version. The link to the list is in the "stats" field. where it says "794 replies, 6666 views," click on "794."
What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#8 User is offline   Itwęs Nom 

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:22 PM

For posts in isolation go to players profile, click on "Find my content" on the right just above the list of topics click on "show all posts by X" and click the button right next to it. If there was too many posts recently it will miss a lot of posts and they will not be listed chronologically but randomly.

I want to do it all with pictures hence why I need to have a little more time for it

#9 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, I sort of asked silencer ages ago about a proper isolation hook, I think I was supposed to investigate it for him to see if it cost anything etc.

will get on that tomorrow. maybe limit its enablement to mafia forum only, but if it costs money....
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users