Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Books related to Malazan empire

#1 User is offline   krupke 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:40 PM

Can any1 tell me with books are related to the Malazan empire because I live in Holland at the moment but am moving to Shanghei(or whatever its spelled). But i need some books for in the plane....... Finishd all books though.. but the prob is I just found out that there are others about the malazan empire and I would really like to know these books.

If they aren't easy to get can you please name some otherbooks that are worth reading at the moment i am tempted with books from
GEORGE R.R. MARTIN [
A Song of Ice and Fire:

A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords

They seme good so if any1 has read them can they tell me what it is like andstuff

Thx

#2 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:04 PM

Blood follows and healthy dead are malazan related. written by SE and deal mostly with korbal broach and bauchelain. Night of knives is also malazan related but written by a diffrent author though before that puts you off he did play an important role in creating the world that is malaza.

finally I would suggest you try a song of ice and fire just cause it is good. go to amazon and read the blurbs and reviews to hear more

#3 User is offline   Brys 

• Fist

Posted 13 August 2005 - 01:54 PM

They definitely aren't easy to get, and I think Cause has mentioned them all. Anyone know what "The Devil Delivered" is about?

A Song of Ice and Fire is definitely an excellent series worth reading, but you may also want to try R Scott Bakker's Prince of Nothing Series, which has a more similar style to Erikson.

The Darkness that Comes Before
The Warrior Prophet
The Thousandfold Thought (not yet published).

#4 User is offline   krupke 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

cheers

#5 User is offline   Clarkesworld Books 

• Sergeant

Posted 14 August 2005 - 01:06 AM

Brys said:

Anyone know what "The Devil Delivered" is about?

From the publisher:
Mind the Hole. In a world of ozone depletion, toxic deadzones, internicine brew-ups and lifeless oceans, nothing has changed. Or so it seems, but in the break-away Lakota Nation, in the heart of a land blistered beneath an ozone hole the size of the Great Plains of North America, something is happening.

Tracked by a growing global audience of online subversives and electronic muckers, a lone anthropologist wanders the deadlands, recording observations that threaten to bring the world's powers to their knees.

Past and future; restless ghosts and rogue corporations; rad-shielded cities and unprotected peripheral populations; all now face each other, across a chasm once wide but growing ever narrower.

Mother Earth is poisoned beyond any hope of resuscitation. Humanity beyond any hope of redemption -- but one last lesson of life awaits. . .

When Nature starts losing the game, Nature changes the rules. We've turned paradise into Hell, and in Hell, the Devil Delivers. . .

#6 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:18 AM

Anyone heard anything more from GRRM about when his next book is going to come out?
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#7 User is offline   Brys 

• Fist

Posted 14 August 2005 - 08:48 AM

He says he's finished it, which means hopefully it won't be that much longer to wait. On his website it says A Feast for Crows will be published on October 17th in the UK. (October 8th in the US).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users