Malazan Empire: Playstation Meeting 2016 - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Playstation Meeting 2016 New consoles? New Red Dead? New Crash?

#1 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:31 PM

The Playstation Meeting is going live in 30 minutes or so.

http://blog.us.plays...-live-tomorrow/

http://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

Caught me by surprise, I thought it was in the weekend. Anyway, if anyone reads this before the event, what are you expecting? Or what were you expecting if you read this late?

Personally I don't really care about the slightly upgraded console editions. I want to see if Playstation has a counter to the X-box Scorpio thing that is coming out around 2017.

Is the console war heating up? Are we going to see Sony and Microsoft trying to out perform one another? Will we see a new console generation in 2017/2018?

Otherwise the only thing I am really curious about is whether or not the speculation is true and we see a new Read Dead game from Rockstar.

Some Spiderman gameplay footage would be nice as well.

This post has been edited by Apt: 07 September 2016 - 07:37 PM

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

Editing as I go.

300 dollar/euro Playstation Slim? Not a bad price.

PS4 Pro? So basically just the answer to the X-Box One S. They sure are selling 4K but considering they could barely hit 1080 this generation, I find these 4K ambitions silly. That extra power will be used on better textures and lighting rather than higher definition.

I guess the secret reason is that the Pro will better support PSVR.

Man, both Andrew House and Mark Cerny are sucking the energy out of the audience. Put some vitality into your presentation damn it. It's like listening to a robot.

Ah, a bit of Tomb Raider PS4 footage. That will secretly be the best game out for PS4 this year.

Also Watch_Dogs 2 continues to look amazing. I am going to play the shit out of that game in November.

Is climbing the robot-brontosauruses in Horizon the equivelant of climbing towers in Assassins Creed?

COD looks like it always does. Interesting new premise/location but too familiar to really get excited.

Yes, new Mass Effect gameplay. Couple of immidiate observations. The perspective has changed. It's not over the shoulder but more DA:Inquisition now. Also the scanning mechanic seems to be revamped.
More action focused than RPG-like but that's probably just for the presentation.

399 price tag for the Pro was expected I guess. Funny that the Pro wont be out before November 10. I'd expect Sony to try and package The Pro with the PSVR. But if the PSVR launches in October, new adopters wont be waiting for the Pro.

Was that it? They have all the time in the world but only do a 40 minute presentation? No PSVR push? No big games unveiled?

Meh. Meh I say.

This post has been edited by Apt: 07 September 2016 - 07:55 PM

#3 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:57 PM

That was pretty turd.

Towards the end I was thinking that they need something big to save it and then they announced the games reel, I was hoping for some awesome new game news but there was nothing really that they hadn't already shown. Definitely fell flat though god damn, Horizon Zero Dawn just looks better and better every time I see it, that was the stand out of the show for me.

Was that hinting at a new Shadow of Mordor game or just the graphics update?

I think the trouble with PS Pro is the fact that my current PS4 will get a firmware update unlocking HDR(? I think it was) and to get the full benefit of PS Pro I would say I have to get a new 4K TV set... that's £349 for the Pro, awesome new tv £800+ as my current one is great as it is and I plan to buy PSVR £349... No thanks, that is too much of an outlay to play games on 4K.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#4 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:09 PM

Shit, I just noticed they didn't even bother to push Last Guardian.

Either they've just decided to not say anything more until that game is out or they really have low expectations for that game. It's their only big Christmas game! Well, with the exception of Yakuza 6 but who buys those games?

EDIT: Oh and Gravity Rush 2, now that I think of it.

This post has been edited by Apt: 07 September 2016 - 08:09 PM

#5 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:40 AM

I hope they don't take any inspiration from the Inquisition combat system in the new Mass Effect. Man that was shitty.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#6 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:44 PM

The Mass Effect games, to me, have always seemed like shooters first and RPG second. It's what made the series able to attract a lot of people who weren't traditionally into RPGs. I can't imagine the game will borrow much from Inquisition, maybe besides some of the team management options.

#7 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:28 PM

View PostApt, on 08 September 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

The Mass Effect games, to me, have always seemed like shooters first and RPG second. It's what made the series able to attract a lot of people who weren't traditionally into RPGs. I can't imagine the game will borrow much from Inquisition, maybe besides some of the team management options.

Yes, if anything it got consistently more shooter and less rpg with each game

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users