What is going on here? Bravo for certain things but it seems like it's dying

#281 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Football

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:27 PM

View PostD, on 23 November 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

View PostHoosierDaddy, on 23 November 2016 - 09:53 PM, said:

Lol. You never know, D'rek. Crazy in the head, crazy in the... head.

I don't know what this means, but I assume the correct reaction is "ew". :(

We don't discriminate about reactions around here. That'd be fascist. Fair enough.

View Postdeath rattle, on 23 November 2016 - 10:20 PM, said:

The Heart Is A Lonely Pooper

I wish I could always be one, crowded bathrooms suck.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#282 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:04 AM

View PostBriar King, on 23 November 2016 - 09:38 PM, said:

View Postchamp, on 23 November 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 23 November 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

He brought it on himself calling someone out and trying to mess with this persons personal/business life in a childish public unneeded way all while claiming to love them... fucking tool. The fewer who saw it the better! Really hoping the other didn't see and never finds out. Wtf did he think was going to happen if even I thought it was bad enuff to say something....it got erased and he freaked out.

Yeah it was bang out of order.

You saw it?

Yeah, I don't sleep much at the minute so caught it all.

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#283 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:52 AM

What on earth even was this Urqhart guy
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#284 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:18 AM

Urqhart is Malaclypse. Malaclypse is an old member of the forum. Used to be a part of the leadership.

#285 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

Gotcha. Guessing he went Full Pust by the sound of it.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#286 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:53 PM

I think someone should alert Hazel that there may be a knife involved.

And then I think we should just ban Malaclypse and ban and ban until things settle down again. He's a great part of our history and a welcome member once he's back in his real groove again.

Thanks to everyone for being patient, playful, and compassionate even through some really puzzling and personal attacks.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#287 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:01 PM

Honestly think something might be seriously fucking wrong with Mal.

Or he's just getting older and turning into an even more cantankerous prick with an even more of a superiority complex.

This post has been edited by Slow Ben: 24 November 2016 - 07:01 PM

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#288 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:10 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 24 November 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

Honestly think something might be seriously fucking wrong with Mal.

Or he's just getting older and turning into an even more cantankerous prick with an even more of a superiority complex.

I choose option 1. Off meds or under/ un-medicated.

IIRC, pistols aren't easily allowed in Canada, like Europe. If I'm wrong, he'll literally be bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Whatever it is, it's screwed up. Sometimes wake-up calls are too late.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#289 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:36 PM

View PostBriar King, on 24 November 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

What is the deal with this knife stuff? Did I miss out on something during the Shit show or is this something old?

Read the locked thread. If it's still there.

#290 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:46 PM

Don't forget he's in Canada and spends a lot of time working outside. RodeoRanch came to the UK and me and Cougar had dinner with him and he mentioned his knife that he had been carrying around here for a couple of weeks. I was shocked as it is illegal here but he said everyone has them over there. Canucks love skirting around a knife fight every evening.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#291 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:49 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 24 November 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

Don't forget he's in Canada and spends a lot of time working outside. RodeoRanch came to the UK and me and Cougar had dinner with him and he mentioned his knife that he had been carrying around here for a couple of weeks. I was shocked as it is illegal here but he said everyone has them over there. Canucks love skirting around a knife fight every evening.

Knives are useful. I'm the last person to get into a fight of any sort, but I virtually always have a utility knife on my keychain.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#292 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:52 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 24 November 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

We don't skirt around gun fights. That's bizarre. You have a weapon to use it. Otherwise it's just an episode of masculinity masquerading as being "prepared."

Swiss knives are different. I imagine a REAL knife the way he describes it. Otherwise, he's a fucking git with no balls and talking shit.

The more I hear the second option is more likely.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 24 November 2016 - 07:54 PM

#293 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:07 PM

I won't argue that a lot of us have a utility knife on us at any given moment. I have a very basic Swiss army knife I carry around all the time but it's not something that anyone would want to get into a fight with. I use it to open boxes, make marshmallow roasting sticks and opening beers.
The bigger problem was the fact that he had non-utilitarian intentions regardless of what kind of knife it is. That is both stupid and not cool.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#294 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:19 PM

True. Trying to show (to whom?) that he a "bigger man" is all kinds of dumb and pointless.

And potentially incredibly dangerous.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#295 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:33 PM

He's been acting so bizarre that I thought it was all a massive troll at first, but that has slowly changed to thinking it's a mental health issue. I know some people with various mental health issues, and he sounds a lot like they do when they get to ranting on Facebook about how they see the world.

I can't see a competing Malazan forum doing well. With the main series written, it doesn't seem that too many people come to discuss the books on this forum, it's such a smaller community than it used to be. There's not enough interested people to make a second forum worthwhile.
Error: Signature not valid

#296 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:42 PM

View PostRaymond Luxury Yacht, on 24 November 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

He's been acting so bizarre that I thought it was all a massive troll at first, but that has slowly changed to thinking it's a mental health issue. I know some people with various mental health issues, and he sounds a lot like they do when they get to ranting on Facebook about how they see the world.

I can't see a competing Malazan forum doing well. With the main series written, it doesn't seem that too many people come to discuss the books on this forum, it's such a smaller community than it used to be. There's not enough interested people to make a second forum worthwhile.

Yeah, well, like that's your opinion man.

#297 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:46 PM

View PostMentalist, on 24 November 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

True. Trying to show (to whom?) that he a "bigger man" is all kinds of dumb and pointless.

And potentially incredibly dangerous.

There was this one instance where he mentioned that he does have these anger issues (and acts on them apparently), and felt like this was a place where he could share those feelings. Some people for whatever reason are just angry all the time, and this is by far the safer space to 'vent', as opposed to wandering into random bars looking to start something. I'll admit, he raised my hackles despite my best efforts to stay cool, and that's just over some comments about an internet forum. Bringing that kind of superiority complex into a bar when people have been drinking...dangerous indeed.

The rub is though as much as he's contributed so much to this forum we can't have that kind of behaviour due to the CoC.

This. I used to love posting in the book forums, but I haven't been in there since DoD/Stonewielder came out.

This post has been edited by MTS: 24 November 2016 - 09:49 PM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#298 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:58 PM

View PostBriar King, on 24 November 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

What is the deal with this knife stuff? Did I miss out on something during the Shit show or is this something old?

He said he carried a large knife to bars to purposely get into arguments with people there. This was in a now locked thread and was recently.

In combination with his mental health and anger issues, which he courageously spoke to us about initially several months ago, this is a serious issue because someone could be seriously injured there.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#299 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:32 AM

Pretty sure anyone who goes looking for a fight at a pub is a coward regardless of the weapon they take with them (fists included).

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#300 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:46 AM

Not if you're a member of Fight Pub.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

34 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users