• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

does anyone...

#1 User is offline   wullagaru 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:48 PM

Think that we might find out who Edgewalker is? I mean I may be wrong, but I don't think that he has been revealed as of yet, and I am really hoping he is. I am hoping that the next book shows the creation of ehmurlan (sp?) as well as it being torn apart as that was a thing from MBoTF that I was always curious about, and I figure that if one shows the creation and destruction of shadow, its major guardian should be included.

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:23 AM

Pretty sure the destruction of Emurlahn is way in the future. But that doesn't mean seeds won't be planted and hints won't be dropped regarding Edgewalker.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:32 AM

We might.... i havent seen any hint to suggest his identity yet.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#4 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:48 AM

We at least know who it isn't.

#5 User is offline   wullagaru 

• Corporal

Posted 03 July 2016 - 02:54 AM

View PostKanyemander West, on 03 July 2016 - 12:23 AM, said:

Pretty sure the destruction of Emurlahn is way in the future. But that doesn't mean seeds won't be planted and hints won't be dropped regarding Edgewalker.

sigh, you're probably right. It would have been neat to see all the different parties vying for the throne though.

#6 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:22 PM

Not sure about Emurlahn being torn apart. But the creation of Kurald Emurlahn, Galain and Liosan/Thyrllan will be in the next book I think.

For the identity of Edgewalker, there have been some speculations about Yedan Narad due to his connection with the deniers and being the Watch. But it is not confirmed.

#7 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 04 July 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

...For the identity of Edgewalker, there have been some speculations about Yedan Narad due to his connection with the deniers and being the Watch. But it is not confirmed.

That's an interesting theory.

I don't think we've ever seen a hint of connection between The Watch and Edgewalker, or Shadow.

But now you have me wondering about other Tiste characters who have appeared for the first time in this trilo... Glyph in particular. Edgewalker's always been styled male, so Sharenas and Korya seem unlikely... we've always liked Arathan for Tayshrenn. but he's not a ridiculous possibility for Edgy... Karellas, Gripp, Ivis, can't see them and they're all pretty solidly in the Andii camp. Wreneck, nah. Hustain, nah. Rancept... nah too close to Burn.

Glyph, with his Denier background, possible Shadow aspect, and the whole 'surviving fish wandering' thing is looking good...

#8 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:03 PM

View PostAbyss, on 04 July 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

View Post- Coltaine -, on 04 July 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

...For the identity of Edgewalker, there have been some speculations about Yedan Narad due to his connection with the deniers and being the Watch. But it is not confirmed.

That's an interesting theory.

I don't think we've ever seen a hint of connection between The Watch and Edgewalker, or Shadow.

But now you have me wondering about other Tiste characters who have appeared for the first time in this trilo... Glyph in particular. Edgewalker's always been styled male, so Sharenas and Korya seem unlikely... we've always liked Arathan for Tayshrenn. but he's not a ridiculous possibility for Edgy... Karellas, Gripp, Ivis, can't see them and they're all pretty solidly in the Andii camp. Wreneck, nah. Hustain, nah. Rancept... nah too close to Burn.

Glyph, with his Denier background, possible Shadow aspect, and the whole 'surviving fish wandering' thing is looking good...

Narad was talking with Glyph about the Deniers word for the shore: Emurlahn. And he is with the deniers, his skin has turned grey, and he is a spiritual leader. The Watch = watching the borders of Kurald Emurlahn? Okay, the last point is not a strong argument, but he is currently the one of two I see, who have somehow the potential for Edgewalker. The other one is Glyph. But currently Narad is my favorite.

Would also a nice/evil twist. Andaris dying protecting the Throne of Shadow and Narad being the guardian of the shadow realm.

#9 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:16 AM

The clue is in his answer to cotillion-henis an elemental force. Azathanai for sure.

#10 User is offline   Kasig 

• Recruit

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:02 AM

View PostNefaraisBredd, on 07 July 2016 - 05:16 AM, said:

The clue is in his answer to cotillion-henis an elemental force. Azathanai for sure.

He still might become said elemental force like Mother Dark or Vatha Urusander did. Still, I don't believe Edge = Narad, at least not yet.

#11 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:44 AM

I'm confident that if we've seen Edgewalker in th Trilogy, he will turn out to be Yedan Narad. Connection to Shadow, connection to Anomander, patrolling the Shore, big drama in his backstory, all pieces of the puzzle seem to fit.

#12 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:15 PM

View PostSiergiej, on 09 July 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

I'm confident that if we've seen Edgewalker in th Trilogy, he will turn out to be Yedan Narad. Connection to Shadow, connection to Anomander, patrolling the Shore, big drama in his backstory, all pieces of the puzzle seem to fit.

It all seems to fit as you said, but Narad was practically a nobody in FoD. In FoL, he is a leader but does not seem to have any special abilities like the Azathanai or Jaghut. or the Thel Akai.
In the rest of the series, he is a legendary guardian of shadow and feared even by ascendants.
But why is he so dedicated to shadow? After all, his guilt is tied to Enesdia

#13 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:27 PM

And Enesdia is (somehow) still around, and still seemingly has a role to play, it seems. Something about her death was profound enough for her to remain a powerful presence. I'm still not sure how to unpack the implications in FOL though.

#14 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:19 PM

Arathan is not Edgewalker. He is most crrtainly Tayschren. Clues: Artanthos, 'that is a name he hasnt used inna long time' paraphrase from KoK or Deadhouse Gates, i believe. There are other clues but i cant bring them to mind right now. Him surviving the Vitr is a HUGe clue that he is, in fact, Azathanai

#15 User is offline   nacht 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:09 PM

View PostNefaraisBredd, on 12 July 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

Arathan is not Edgewalker. He is most crrtainly Tayschren. Clues: Artanthos, 'that is a name he hasnt used inna long time' paraphrase from KoK or Deadhouse Gates, i believe. There are other clues but i cant bring them to mind right now. Him surviving the Vitr is a HUGe clue that he is, in fact, Azathanai

Great points regarding surviving the vitr and also the name "Artan"

Also his fearsome reputation, though I think he never really demonstrated it.
But in this case, he should be familiar with Rake and QB and vice versa (especially QB who is looking suspiciously like Korya Delat)
Also he is high mage of Telas and Thyr, not related to being the son of Draconus.

Maybe he is T'riss :-)
QoD is supposed to live as a mortal among people.

#16 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

I don't think any of the characters seen so far have super compelling cases to be Edgewalker yet.

Does not mean that they aren't. But I'd be nowhere near 50% sure on any of them.

Compared to the level of certainty of a Korya/Quick tie in, its nowhere close.
Its not even close to Arathan as Tay (my preferred theory) or Ruthan Gudd (the other popular one).

Yedan Nerad is possible, but I have issues with the theory.

First, in the main series, when they are listing Elder gods and how they may respond to the Errant's call, they include Edgewalker in the list (and not mortal tiste who became gods such as MD and FL). Everyone else they mention is confirmed Azathenai. There is some sort of mention of rightful disassociation, but it is still an awkward fit.

Second, the Edur and the Shake are all mixed up at the moment. The Watch is (then and now) a Shake title. Most of the Edur and shadow aspected characters we know from later (Scabandari, Menandore, Sheltatha Lore, Sukul Ankhudu, and Tulas) are not associated with the Deniers nor the Shake yet. So while the grey skin is interesting and there is some relation, it seems like at some point the non denier Tiste are going to sort of take over Shadow from the Shake (perhaps relating to Yedan's pledge to Rake)
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#17 User is offline   Abyss 

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:51 PM

View PostKanyemander West, on 09 July 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

And Enesdia is (somehow) still around, and still seemingly has a role to play, it seems. Something about her death was profound enough for her to remain a powerful presence. I'm still not sure how to unpack the implications in FOL though.

IIRC, she's the reason Andarist and Rake split, Blind Gallan tore his eyes out and Kadaspala lost his shit. Also prompted Narad's guilt and subsequent actions, sort of.

And I think one or two of the Liosan commanders who died were the ones who gave the order that led to her death in the first place.

#18 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:07 PM

Yah definitely. But I'm curious if all that gave her power independent of MD (thus attracting her attention), or if it's MD's attention in particular that has elevated her. In other words, whatever it is that her presence represents, it doesn't seem to be mere "restless spirit/ghost". She seems to have a role/purpose.

#19 User is offline   Nevyn 

• Shield Anvil

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:56 PM

View PostKanyemander West, on 09 July 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

Is she? Or is she the mad delusion of Yedan?

Finarra Stone is the new twilight. You'd think is Enesdia was around in any proper way the title would not be available.
Tatts early in SH game: Hmm, so if I'm liberal I should have voted Nein to make sure I'm president? I'm not that selfish

Tatts later in SAME game: I'm going to be a corrupt official. I have turned from my liberal ways, and now will vote against the pesky liberals. Viva la Fascism.
When Venge's turn comes, he will get a yes from Mess, Dolmen, Nevyn and Venge but a no from the 3 fascists and me. **** with my Government, and i'll **** with yours

#20 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:15 PM

Good points. I suppose that remains to be seen. But I thought Endest Silann (and perhaps MD, through Endest) also mention her in FoL. At the very least they bless here as a High Priestess at the end of FoD, so (at least for now) I think she's real (though, naturally, not what she once was).

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users