Malazan Empire: Stellaris - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stellaris Anybody else enjoying genocide a little bit too much?

#21 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:21 PM

This game piqued my interest, kind of a new age version of masters of orion mixed with star control ?
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#22 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:14 AM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 16 May 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 16 May 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

It's the one you click on first that they merge into. So select the target fleet that you want to merge others into, then shift-click on each of the fleets you want to join it. They'll come up as a list on the bottom left of the screen, with the main fleet at the top. Then click on the top left button of the main fleet's box (the two planes/ships icon).

Separate question: when you form an alliance, can you then safely withdraw your embassies from the other empires in that alliance without them getting annoyed and leaving said alliance? I started a new game in Ironman mode, so I don't want to do that if the alliance then falls apart as a result . . .

Why would you form an alliance with inferior alien scum when you can just enslave them?

Death to all Xenos!

So you didn't know the answer to my question, then? Posted Image Never mind, I found out for myself.

I keep seeing complaints elsewhere that the AI is too passive. My arse! I fought in four wars last night and only declared one of them myself :laughing:

#23 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:20 AM

https://www.rockpape...-content-plans/

Sounds good.

ETA: more detail: https://forum.parado...-voyage.932668/

This post has been edited by Serenity: 17 May 2016 - 08:02 AM

#24 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostSerenity, on 17 May 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

It's the one you click on first that they merge into. So select the target fleet that you want to merge others into, then shift-click on each of the fleets you want to join it. They'll come up as a list on the bottom left of the screen, with the main fleet at the top. Then click on the top left button of the main fleet's box (the two planes/ships icon).

Separate question: when you form an alliance, can you then safely withdraw your embassies from the other empires in that alliance without them getting annoyed and leaving said alliance? I started a new game in Ironman mode, so I don't want to do that if the alliance then falls apart as a result . . .

Why would you form an alliance with inferior alien scum when you can just enslave them?

Death to all Xenos!

So you didn't know the answer to my question, then? Posted Image Never mind, I found out for myself.

I keep seeing complaints elsewhere that the AI is too passive. My arse! I fought in four wars last night and only declared one of them myself :laughing:

That really depends on who you neighbours are. Get a few pacifist neighbours and it becomes the dullest game ever (until you have extinguished them from the galaxy ofc)

btw, what was the answer to your question?
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#25 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:43 AM

View PostEmperorMagus, on 17 May 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

View PostSerenity, on 17 May 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

Death to all Xenos!

That really depends on who you neighbours are. Get a few pacifist neighbours and it becomes the dullest game ever (until you have extinguished them from the galaxy ofc)

btw, what was the answer to your question?

It reduced their approval of me but they didn't leave the alliance - or at least they haven't as yet, mainly because they keep wanting me to fight their wars for them I expect :whistle:

Agreed on the neighbours - I guess I was lucky when both my games (so far) were generated.

#26 User is offline   Serenity 

• Saki!!!!!

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

I was in the middle of a war last night when I got the first messages about the Plethoryn Scourge. I won the war but - and this is the first thing about the game that has annoyed me - the enemy ceded certain planets, one of which was cut off from my empire, and of course when my fleet - my largest and best 18k fleet no less! - was returned to me, it was dumped in that system, trapped, so I couldn't get it back to my empire. Which left me with a 7k fleet to fight the Scourge's multiple 20k+ fleets. I've fought off three of its fleets so far but trying to rebuild another fleet at the same time is playing hell with my economy. And of course, whilst all this was going on, my enemies in the original war decided to declare war again and invade my space from the other direction. Bastards Posted Image

I hear there's a bug which prevents you from clearing Scourge infested worlds, which is due to be fixed in the upcoming Clarke patch. ETA: Apparently this is fixed in today's hotfix . . .

Despite that, I fecking love this game Posted Image

This post has been edited by Serenity: 18 May 2016 - 10:39 AM

#27 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 18 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

I have a scientist who's over 300 years old. I have a sneaking suspicion that she might be a synth...
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#28 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:26 AM

It sort of annoys me that you can't make a collectivist civilization with the goal of incorporating the whole galaxy into a single whole. For instance it looks like it's impossible to allow all the races of the collective to become viable rulers and so forth.

I want to make the Borg :laughing:

My most successfull race is still the xenophobic, religious fanatic foxes. Fast learning and fast breeding felt very appropriate.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 20 May 2016 - 06:27 AM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#29 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

Though I did get a tech for robot armies last night. Robot armies that I have given the psyker upgrade. I cannot forsee any way this can go wrong.

#30 User is offline   Primateus 

• E Pluribus Anus
  • Interests:Stuff, lots of stuff!

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 20 May 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

Though I did get a tech for robot armies last night. Robot armies that I have given the psyker upgrade. I cannot forsee any way this can go wrong.

Do you have AI Sentience? If so, I agree, there's absolutely no way that could possibly go wrong. Never in the history of sci-fi has that EVER gone wrong.
Screw you all, and have a nice day!

#31 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 21 May 2016 - 03:58 PM

How can you have Spyker robots?

#32 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 22 May 2016 - 09:28 PM

Better yet, I now also have xenomorph armies. Riding giant xeno-mounts. The world is truly a glorious place.

#33 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:14 PM

For anyone interested, there's recently been a new DLC Apocalypse, which completely overhauls many aspects of the game.
Your borders are now bound to starbase control by system rather than projecting from systems. Travel has been narrowed down to Hyperlanes mostly due to that.
There's also now Titan class ships and Colossus constructs that let you, among other things, crack planets to shreds.
A mid-game crisis has been added tied to the new Nomads type aliens that you may encounter (think something between Mongols and Reavers).
Warscore system has been overhauled as well.

Might be nice to give it a go, feels like a completely different game.
(also from previous DLC you have stuff like machine empires, ascension traits, galactic megastructures, war in heaven events that make stagnant ascendancies awaken and pull the entire galaxy to a war between themselves, and probably some other stuff too!)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#34 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:09 AM

Bit of necromancy, but what was will be.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users