• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dark Souls 3 prepare to die for the last time

#21 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

It's so good, especially after DS2.

I think I can see what looks like Anor Londo on the horizon - literally. Can't wait to see who else has made it this far!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#22 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:01 PM

View PostTraveller, on 18 April 2016 - 06:16 AM, said:

Hah, the Dancer's Enchanted Swords skill is called Dancer's Grace - 'Unleash the fury of both blades in a dancing spin motion and use strong attack to continue the performance until stamina is exhausted'.

Looks like one blade is dark and one is fire. And I know where the Dancer boss is although it may be a bit early to take it on.

I've also got my eye on Darkdrift - a katana that can punch through shields.

Lol, absolutely perfect weapons man, brilliant description to. Honestly I might even restart as an Assassin actually, not really liking the Thief all that much, Mercenary and Assassin probs would have been better starts for a the Dex build I am using. See how close to my idea of Cotillion I can get the character creation to approach :D

EDIT: The fact that one is Dark, and one is Fire (i.e. light) is so perfect as well, Shadow dance all the way :)

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 18 April 2016 - 12:02 PM

"I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust." T.S Eliot - The Wasteland

#23 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:24 PM

I'm wearing the assassin gear but with the thief mask.

Even with the Brigand Twindaggers he looks like Cots! Now I know it's not a Rope, but you've gotta see the move set for the whip.. :)

edit.. there's a Dancer armor set too

This post has been edited by Traveller: 18 April 2016 - 12:46 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#24 User is offline   Gryllen 

• cause of horrid death
  • View gallery

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

Made it to the swamp at the bottom of the third area before turning in for night. Started with herald as its closest to my ds1 char (titanite catch pole+ shield). Currently using astora sword +3 and shield. After one lvl up should have dex to wield spear made of rotten trees soul.
In few days should get new machine to run it cause currently im below min requirements and with everything turned down/off im missing all the beauty of the game.

#25 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

I've just reached the swamp. I pretty much ran through it to reach a building and found a black knight in there.

I might try the sword from the tree soul, I think it needs a high dex to use so might be worth a look.

#26 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

I'm just approaching what I gather is the area with the Rotten Tree myself, so I looked up the boss weapons you can get from it, Arstor's Spear actually looks pretty damn good for a Desx Build - from stats alone anyhow, can't speak for it's moveset, but poke weapons with reach that you can use from behind a shield a pretty great if your dodging game is erm dodgy :D So moveset probably wont be too naff. Currently using the Uchi +3, but I think I might be switching once I meet the hefty Dex requirements.

The Dancer stuff just gets better and better, really need to make my Cotillion I think. I did wonder about the whip as a weapon, might have to check out it's moveset, picked it up not too long back.

GOD I FREAKIN LOVE THIS GAME!! :)

This post has been edited by WinterPhoenix: 18 April 2016 - 06:18 PM

#27 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:47 PM

Yeah I've got the Uchi up to +3 but there's not as many shards around as previous games, at this stage at least. The whip might not be up to much, just thought it might look cool! There's a notched and a flame version though.

There are a LOT of armour sets in this game. I like the look of the Fallen Knight - depends on how heavy it is though, I've not put much into vigour yet.

#28 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:46 AM

I hate swamps. Especially poisonous ones.

The Fallen Knight armor is cool, cloak and all. Slows me down even with just the body armor though so still in assassin gear.

But when I changed it, I found out I've turned Hollow! I don't even have any eyeballs. And the symbol for Ember in the corner has all fuzzed up.

This is going to get complicated..

This post has been edited by Traveller: 19 April 2016 - 05:53 AM

#29 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:07 PM

View PostTraveller, on 19 April 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

I hate swamps. Especially poisonous ones.

The Fallen Knight armor is cool, cloak and all. Slows me down even with just the body armor though so still in assassin gear.

But when I changed it, I found out I've turned Hollow! I don't even have any eyeballs. And the symbol for Ember in the corner has all fuzzed up.

This is going to get complicated..

Did you take free levels from an NPC that shows up at Firelink Shrine past a certain point/after you've spoken to him? I saw from my mate that apparently taking these levels turns you hollow, apparently it's important to one of the endings, but I told him to shut up and tell me no more at that point lol

I'm still using mostly the deserter stuff atm, starting gear for a thief, and I honestly haven't found anything better, apart from the main chest piece of the Lothric Knight set which I am wearing for increased protection and poise, but I can't equip my bow at the same time and still be under 70% equip load. I got the Lothric Shield drop as well, which looks like it might be similar to the Silver Knight Shield ala DS1. 18 Str requirement though, so no can do for me atm.

#30 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:52 PM

Yeah I got the free level, but it was an ambiguously phrased request of course, with no explanation of what would happen!

Basically he gave me a dark sign, which is cursed so I go more hollow with every death. I've resolved this with the shrine maiden, but this does now cut me off from one of the possible endings.

All I'll say is, if you do choose the power/level upgrade from a certain npc, be sure to go all the way and collect as many as possible!

Dabbling with pyromancy now. I need to get out of this swamp.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 19 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

#31 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:53 PM

View PostTraveller, on 19 April 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Yeah I got the free level, but it was an ambiguously phrased request of course, with no explanation of what would happen!

Basically he gave me a dark sign, which is cursed so I go more hollow with every death. I've resolved this with the shrine maiden, but this does now cut me off from one of the possible endings.

All I'll say is, if you do choose the power/level upgrade from a certain npc, be sure to go all the way and collect as many as possible!

Dabbling with pyromancy now. I need to get out of this swamp.

Does going hollow cause other problems like in previous games, lower health etc?

I always played as a Pyro on DS1, dabbled in other classes, always came back to the Pyro because of the starting stats. Decided to run the Thief this time because I'm not sure I ever want to spend souls on upgrading Luck, and the Thief starts with the highest Luck out of all the classes. Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about the introduction of Luck, I don't mind farming enemies for drops in previous installments, even if it takes a very long time (like the damn Channeler's Trident in the 1!!) tbh, but I don't like the idea of having to spend souls to shorten that time :/

I've seen gameplay of the Swamp, those Giant Crabs look like a real bitch to fight.

#32 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:05 PM

I don't know what the effects are of going hollow other than appearance and game endings; I certainly didn't notice anything until I took the thief mask off. Getting cursed now kills instead of halving health.

I used to get by in DS1 with a maxed pyro flame and Fire Orb - I'm already doing the same now.

Screwed up a bit with Sparkly Crow, as I didn't take into account the new mechanics - I quit the game and reloaded like DS1 and just lost my large titanite! You now just leave stuff in the nest and walk back to it.

#33 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:55 PM

View PostTraveller, on 19 April 2016 - 07:05 PM, said:

I don't know what the effects are of going hollow other than appearance and game endings; I certainly didn't notice anything until I took the thief mask off. Getting cursed now kills instead of halving health.

I used to get by in DS1 with a maxed pyro flame and Fire Orb - I'm already doing the same now.

Screwed up a bit with Sparkly Crow, as I didn't take into account the new mechanics - I quit the game and reloaded like DS1 and just lost my large titanite! You now just leave stuff in the nest and walk back to it.

Yeah from what I've seen of gameplay as a Pyromancer, the Pyro seems a bit like easy mode for starting out on DS3, I'm sure it all evens out later in the game though, as it always has.

I actually knew about the new mechanics with the Crow seems better to me. You no longer have to reload for drops from NPC's that you kill by knocking them off of places as well, pushed the Uchi guy off the cliff, rested at the bonfire, voila the Uchi was sitting right where he patrols. Resting at bonfires should respawn any crystal lizards that escape as well, though I had to actually leave an area and come back for one of them.

#34 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:55 PM

It's annoying as I just needed one large titanite to upgrade Uchi to a +4 and I lost it.

I've put some twinkling into the frost sword instead for now, as it's quicker to strike against quick enemies like the assassin I just took out after the Sage boss.

Now I have to deal with worms that cling on and do massive amounts of bleed damage while their host chases me about.

#35 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:02 PM

View PostTraveller, on 19 April 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

It's annoying as I just needed one large titanite to upgrade Uchi to a +4 and I lost it.

I've put some twinkling into the frost sword instead for now, as it's quicker to strike against quick enemies like the assassin I just took out after the Sage boss.

Now I have to deal with worms that cling on and do massive amounts of bleed damage while their host chases me about.

If you equip a torch, just bringing it out will cause all the maggots (worms) to fall off and stop the bleed counter from going up :)

#36 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:24 AM

I did try to find a fire, didn't think of the torch. That I have in my inventory...

#37 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:26 AM

View PostTraveller, on 20 April 2016 - 05:24 AM, said:

I did try to find a fire, didn't think of the torch. That I have in my inventory...

Those maggots will push the bleed counter up like 3 full times if you decide to simply wait for them to fall off, very, very annoying till you use the torch startegy lol

#38 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:57 PM

I'd just finished the boss and levelled up a bit, and it was getting late, but I wanted to see the next area so I did a run to the next bonfire. I actually managed to survive quite a while with the maggots!

I really need to get some sleep, but every evening I can't help turning it on for a bit - which ends up lasting until around midnight. I'll try and have a night off but now I want to try the torch thing.

#39 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:28 AM

Just working through the cathedral; spying out the guys hanging on walls waiting to drop as you pass underneath, and turning the tables with a longbow.

Only got caught once when three of the little bastards dropped and knifed me at the same time, but I managed to find a spot to snipe them from on my way back - I could see them up on the roof peering over!

This game has a LOT of ambushes - even walking back through areas that I've thought I've cleared I seem to get things climb over railings or drop from the ceiling.

#40 User is offline   WinterPhoenix 

• First Sword

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:02 AM

View PostTraveller, on 22 April 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

Just working through the cathedral; spying out the guys hanging on walls waiting to drop as you pass underneath, and turning the tables with a longbow.

Only got caught once when three of the little bastards dropped and knifed me at the same time, but I managed to find a spot to snipe them from on my way back - I could see them up on the roof peering over!

This game has a LOT of ambushes - even walking back through areas that I've thought I've cleared I seem to get things climb over railings or drop from the ceiling.

Yeah it is extremely ambush heavy this game, the Cathedral is an utter nightmare on that front it seems lol

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users