Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just finished, mentally rocked, got a few Q's. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Jimmyboiii 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:22 AM

Just wrapped up this hood damned series, fuck.

Over all, I think it was a good ending. It wasn't what I was expecting from Erikson, I was actually waiting for some plot twist that would make me spasm and say aloud " You got me cunt".

I loved the final war involving the Jhagut, Imass, Assail, Letherii, Bolkando and Lizards. That was absolute class. I was just a little let down with the final stand involving the bonehunters, I didn't feel it peak. I was personally expecting some gods to go hammer and tong. I was expecting cotillion + other gods vs draconus, or something like that.

Honestly, Toll the Hounds convergence in Daruhjistan in my opinion, topped the bonehunters final stand.

Enough griping though, I'm just an emotional pig right now.

When Paran made the deal with hood, who was the person hood wanted?

I was waiting for a big twist with Quick Bens identity, did I miss something?

Where is this badass Skinner? He was mentioned a few times, never got shown.

Fuck, had like a million questions when I was blubbering on the train home from work in front of randoms.

Oooh what was it that Shadowthrone and Cottilion figured out when they went searching the Azath?

This post has been edited by Jimmyboiii: 04 April 2016 - 08:09 AM

#2 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:56 AM

SKIIINNEEER

...will have a bigger role in Esslemonts Novels of the Malazan Empire.
So you have still a few books to read ;)

#3 User is offline   Jimmyboiii 

• Recruit

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostColtaine93, on 04 April 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

SKIIINNEEER

...will have a bigger role in Esslemonts Novels of the Malazan Empire.
So you have still a few books to read ;)

Yeah I was just having a look at all of Ians novels. I'm ABSOLUTELY BUZZING. Dancers lament and every one of this Malazan tale boooks look pure class. I'm fucking psyched.

#4 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostJimmyboiii, on 04 April 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

Just wrapped up this hood damned series, fuck.

Over all, I think it was a good ending. It wasn't what I was expecting from Erikson, I was actually waiting for some plot twist that would make me spasm and say aloud " You got me cunt".

I loved the final war involving the Jhagut, Imass, Assail, Letherii, Bolkando and Lizards. That was absolute class. I was just a little let down with the final stand involving the bonehunters, I didn't feel it peak. I was personally expecting some gods to go hammer and tong. I was expecting cotillion + other gods vs draconus, or something like that.

Honestly, Toll the Hounds convergence in Daruhjistan in my opinion, topped the bonehunters final stand.

Enough griping though, I'm just an emotional pig right now.

When Paran made the deal with hood, who was the person hood wanted?

I was waiting for a big twist with Quick Bens identity, did I miss something?

Where is this badass Skinner? He was mentioned a few times, never got shown.

Fuck, had like a million questions when I was blubbering on the train home from work in front of randoms.

Oooh what was it that Shadowthrone and Cottilion figured out when they went searching the Azath?

Skinner features much more heavily in ICE's books.

Quick Ben's identity was not revealed explicitly, no. Just lots of vague hints that could fit with a number of possibilities.

Shadowthrone and Cotillion learned arguably quite a few things in their studies of the Azath. Interestingly, you can get from one Azath house to others, so they may have been to Letheras, among other places. We don't know exactly where they went or what they did.

The Bonehunters' final battle I think was intentionally devoid of gods and ascendants (aside from Ganoes).

Go read the Esslemont books now.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#5 User is offline   Siergiej 

• High Fist

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:30 PM

Quick Ben's identity remains one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) mysteries of the Malazan universe. I'm pretty sure we will have a much clearer picture after the Kharkanas trilogy is completed, since it's strongly implied several times that his history goes back to ancient Tiste times: him avoiding Rake in Memories of Ice, Ruthan Gudd's remarks about him (was it Dust of Dreams), Quick Ben visiting the Spar of Andii in The Crippled God.

As for Hood's deal with Paran, my memory of The Bonehunters is pretty blurry right now, but I don't think it's ever explicitly stated what it was all about. I recall theories that it had something to do with Heboric, but best to wait for someone with better recollection of TBH events.

When it comes to Shadowthrone and Cotillion, I don't think there is one thing they figured out in Azath. It's more about them acquiring knowledge about how Azath houses work, how they're connected, how they relate to ascendancy and The Deck. Paran also spent a lot of time in Azath to discover its mysteries.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users