• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's in the box?! WHAT'S IN THE BOX!?

#21 User is offline   Hairshirt 

• Lieutenant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:03 PM

I thought it was where they started, I loved dancers lament, and am looking forward to the next two. I wonder if they'll cover their Azath tours in this series, I unfortunately don't think they will though. I'd love to see that I find the Azath houses and azathanni fascinating.

#22 User is offline   Adaephon Ben Delat 

• Recruit

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:06 PM

There's word the next book might be titled "into the deadhouse" so fingers crossed
when you argue with death, you always lose

#23 User is offline   Hairshirt 

• Lieutenant

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

I guess I just assumed the series would be how those two started the empire. Gathering all the old guard together and just starting out at Malaz Island. I pictured the ending of the prequel being them taking Mocks Hold. If it delves deeper into the azath stuff I'll lose my mind.

#24 User is offline   FlynntMillit 

• Recruit

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:43 AM

View PostNevyn, on 03 March 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 03 March 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

I agree. This is Gothos playing the really long game. Somehow he wants Kellanved to have the Imass so he gives him an artifact to lead him to the First Throne. I actually thought that the Imass might arrive in this book itself, as I think it was mentioned in RotCG that Kell summoned the Imass in Li Heng and the Protectress died. I think that might be how the trilogy ends.

Not Gothos, the Azath (or whoever the voice in the helmet Gothos talks to is).

Not much of a difference, at least based on the visit we have with Gothos in TtH.

#25 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:38 PM

Theres the initial exploration of the Azath and then the use of the Deadhouse as a base, but then iirc when they leave Surly in charge its to go explore the Azath, allegedly. Probably to plan the NoK ascension too.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#26 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:55 PM

Yup. Which begs the question when their "enlightenment" regarding the pantheon, and the development of their longterm goals -- including a presumably truly humanitarian MO -- really starts to take hold. There's that juxtaposition between their disgust with how gods neglect people and their seemingly merciless drive for imperial conquest. Not to mention the inherent egotism of all political & revolutionary leaders.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#27 User is offline   Hairshirt 

• Lieutenant

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:22 AM

I always wondered if Kellenved actually wanted to be emperor or if it just kind of happened. I think he really just wanted to explore shadow and be a better mage, at some point in their exploration I think they realize they can become gods. After realizing the Throne is empty then they shift their goals to achieving godhood. What's interesting is its obvious how Kellenved becomes Shadowthrone, by occupying the shadow throne. How does Dancer become Cotillion though? I'm sure it was explained but I have the reading comprehension of a gnat so I'm sure I missed it. The Crippled God was legitimized by Paran as MOD, which santified the House of Chains, but there wasn't a Master of the Deck prior to him was there? How was the house sanctified to legitimize Cotillion?

#28 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:54 AM

Just a guess, but Shadow evolved or at least already existed, while Chains was created by the CG, hence it operated outside if the rules until sanctified.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#29 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostHairshirt, on 12 June 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

I always wondered if Kellenved actually wanted to be emperor or if it just kind of happened. I think he really just wanted to explore shadow and be a better mage, at some point in their exploration I think they realize they can become gods. After realizing the Throne is empty then they shift their goals to achieving godhood. What's interesting is its obvious how Kellenved becomes Shadowthrone, by occupying the shadow throne. How does Dancer become Cotillion though? I'm sure it was explained but I have the reading comprehension of a gnat so I'm sure I missed it. The Crippled God was legitimized by Paran as MOD, which santified the House of Chains, but there wasn't a Master of the Deck prior to him was there? How was the house sanctified to legitimize Cotillion?

No there wasn't a master of the deck there was a master of the tiles.

Spoiler

How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#30 User is offline   NefaraisBredd 

• Fist

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

View PostApt, on 03 March 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

No but seriously...

Posted Image

It was a small box with an arrow head in it.

It was basically planted on Kelanved by Gothos on the behest of the Azathanai. But why? What is the significance?

Was it an Edur artifact? Is it somehow invested by the Azathanai? The Edur? Some old shadow king? Is it a key or a weapon?

Could it kill a hound? Edgewalker?

Likely it is a key or a talisman. If you want to kill a hound, just call Karsa. Im not sure anything short of an Azathanai or Jaghut army could kill Edgwalker.

#31 User is offline   The White Crow 

• Recruit

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:57 AM

After a quick read I'm inclined to keep my eyes on finnest. Probably to easy so..... Though I do like the idea of the spear tip linking to the first throne.

#32 User is offline   Amby Bole 

• Recruit

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:03 PM

It made me remember of Scabandari finnest... It was gothos himself who gave it to the imass on refugium and it was an imass knife so...

View PostVengeance, on 14 June 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

View PostHairshirt, on 12 June 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

No there wasn't a master of the deck there was a master of the tiles.

Spoiler

I think becoming emperor was the mean to an end... meaning, he did realize that he could ocupy the throne and become the ruler of the high house of shadow. But that didn't mean he would be a god, he would be an ascendant and nothing more. To become a god one needs devotes, if not you are just an ascendant. So holding the shadow throne without being a god it would be fatal with every single ascendant going against him, he needed to become a god. How to do so? Well, cleaning the cult of meanas and rashan he did, what for? Well, probably to make his own cult right? Put some underlings and get rid of the oposition ...

By the way I think the box contains a finnest or an Azath seed. Anyway, my theory is that the Azathanai ( Krull ) /Gothos gave it to Wu so that he can create an Azath House on Shadow / fragment of Kurald E, in order to start the healing of this realm wich is broken and was sealed.

This post has been edited by Amby Bole: 04 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users