• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chronology of races

#1 User is offline   Soletaken1 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:02 PM

Hi guys,
So I am about half way through House of Chains (which incidentally I think is one of the best books of the series so far) but am unsure of the timeline of races in the Malazan world. I think that the K'chain che'malle, Jaghut, Tlan Imass and the Forkrul Assail were the first four races in the world. But then where do the three Tiste races fit in? Where do the humans fit in? Teblor, Trell etc???A little help would be much appreciated :hrhr:

#2 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:09 PM

View PostSoletaken1, on 24 February 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

Hi guys,
So I am about half way through House of Chains (which incidentally I think is one of the best books of the series so far) but am unsure of the timeline of races in the Malazan world. I think that the K'chain che'malle, Jaghut, Tlan Imass and the Forkrul Assail were the first four races in the world. But then where do the three Tiste races fit in? Where do the humans fit in? Teblor, Trell etc???A little help would be much appreciated :hrhr:

You'll just have to RAFO. You'll get some parts of it by doing that. For others you'll have to wait. I've read the entire series but I'm not entirely sure on the race timeline. I'm not entirely sure Erikson and Esslemont know the exact timeline either :) Erikson is writing the Kharkanas Trilogy at the moment which might shed some light on the situation.

If you want a rough somewhat spoilery overview, here comes:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Esa1996: 24 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

#3 User is offline   Soletaken1 

• Recruit

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:47 PM

Ah ok- thanks very much!
EDIT: Also what is Draconian blood? Does it just mean blood of a Dragon?

This post has been edited by Soletaken1: 24 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

#4 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, it means one is a descendant of dragons, and so has some of their blood.

This may be Spoilers All, but I'm not sure. It's a family tree (not totally complete) of those with draconian origins:
Spoiler

#5 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:41 AM

It definitely has spoilers up through at least Toll the Hounds. They're not necessarily plot spoilers so much as revelations, so I'd just warn folks to approach with caution with their personal preferences in mind.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6 User is offline   Soletaken1 

• Recruit

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:36 AM

Ok thanks everyone! Man I love this series- and the best part is I am not even close to half way through!

#7 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostSoletaken1, on 24 February 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

Hi guys,
So I am about half way through House of Chains (which incidentally I think is one of the best books of the series so far) but am unsure of the timeline of races in the Malazan world. I think that the K'chain che'malle, Jaghut, Tlan Imass and the Forkrul Assail were the first four races in the world. But then where do the three Tiste races fit in? Where do the humans fit in? Teblor, Trell etc???A little help would be much appreciated :p

The Tiste races don't exactly fit in. Keep reading and you'll see why.

KCCM, Forkrul Assail, and Jaghut are extremely old, yes. There's another one that's contemporary with them, but since you haven't mentioned it, I figure it's best I don't, either.

Imass are also old.

Humans are a bit younger.

Teblor/Toblakai are another thing, but you'll find out more about them and their forebears soon.

I'm not sure about exact Trell ancestry. I think they might be like, humans with some Toblakai blood or something? I don't remember.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users