Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

FFG Star Wars aka "WTF are these dice???"

#1 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:14 AM

Anyone else playing/played Fantasy Flight Games stuff? Specifically Star Wars (Age of Rebellion, Edge of the Empire etc), but really anything that involves use of their own dice.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it - we're playing Age of Rebellion - and I was hoping to get anyone else's take on it.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#2 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

I've run an Edge of the Empire adventure last year. The dice were ok, once you got used to them. We liked the way they let us play around with events.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#3 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

Yeah, I think the 3rd session the other night was where things started to make a bit more sense. The whole duty/obligation and the ability to succeed with threat or fail with advantage is harder to wrap my head around. Still, it has promise. And the sourcebooks are nicely done.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#4 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:48 AM

The dice can lead to some fun stuff. Like someone managed to leap across the huge pit but landed badly and fell on their face (enemy now has advantage) or they landed on a mound of fire ants. It can really help with the narrative, you just have to get used to it.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users