Malazan Empire: GRRM tells it like it is.... - Malazan Empire

• 9 Pages +
  • « First

GRRM tells it like it is.... TLDR winds of winter not done, enjoy GoT... Rate Topic: -----

#161 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 March 2022 - 11:25 PM

Oh I dare, I dare! :p

The Silmarillion is indeed a great epic work and I appreciate the hell out of what they did to put it together, but 15 kajillion commentaries on half-formed thoughts about the same basic stories written on beer coasters later? Yes yes yes it shows the process Tolkien went through in creating his world but my goodness ... :rolleyes:

But veering back closer to topic, when the creator shows more excitement over tangential projects that probably won't even get up than his main bread and butter, well you know something is wrong. I don't believe he will finish the main series.
Why? Well, I believe because he was contractually obliged to give an outline of the end to HBO in return for the truckloads of $$$ they backed up to his house and dumped on his driveway, he just gave them more of a vague projection he was toying with to make them go away, was horrified by the result and now has no solution to finishing the series in a way that satisfies him (and fans) that also hews "contractually close enough" to what he told HBO in order to, you know, not get sued or something.

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 18 March 2022 - 11:26 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#162 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 March 2022 - 11:38 PM

That outline was useless as nipples on a breastplate.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#163 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 March 2022 - 11:42 PM

It's parody at this point.
He won't say 'I'm never going to finish it'... he's not personally or fiscally dumb enough to do that by any means..., but everything he does absolutely sends that message.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users