Malazan Empire: A discussion about movie teasers, movie trailers and why I hate mankind - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A discussion about movie teasers, movie trailers and why I hate mankind

#41 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:24 PM

View Postworry, on 07 January 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 January 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

There's a lot of movie that's not in the trailer.

Fair enough, but why's he gotta lie to us?

If not him then who, worry? Who!?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#42 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:17 PM

View PostTraveller, on 22 December 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

Ok, so JP was a bad example - I just recall seeing a teaser that had the mosquito in amber in Hammonds cane. It was enough to make me go buy the book, which I read way in advance of the film release.

When I saw Star Wars on Thursday, there was a trailer for the flick with DeCaprio. It went on for ages - it showed some of the characters dying early on, someone left for dead, but surviving, and crawling off for vengeance. And then it showed some of that, too. If I was planning on seeing it I would be majorly pissed as I'd have gone into it knowing which of the introductory characters get killed, by whom, and what happens afterwards.

Showing jokes in the trailer can really take the fun out of a first time watch, as you're pretty much waiting for the line to appear.

http://www.forbes.co...linkId=20229012
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#43 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:57 PM

bumping, as i think the latest Suicide Squad trailer is an excellent example of a well done trailer - no huge spoilers given away, just brief intro to the characters and some action scenes.

And it works.
meh. Link was dead :(

#44 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:35 PM

link?

#45 User is offline   Coco with marshmallows 

• DIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEEEE

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

Sorry Macros,

certainly, here:

My link

meh. Link was dead :(

#46 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:47 PM

Agree. The SS trailer is a great specimen of "not showing too much". Hopefully the rest of the marketing follows that line.

I think we should give DEADPOOL a shoutout too. ALL their marketing has been on point....but the trailers especially seem to focus down on that one bridge/freeway action scene for the most part. I feel that going into it, I won't have seen the majority of the action.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#47 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:21 PM

The bridge/freeway action scene was done as a one-off years ago. It initially died in the studio system, but someone leaked it to the comic convention people and it caught fire there. From that, the movie was financed, crewed, cast, and filmed.

So yeah, it makes sense the trailers are going to focus on that one scene (which is quite nice for someone like me who doesn't want the entirety of the movie laid out in the trailer).
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#48 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:30 PM

We've now had three Suicide Squad trailers and a bunch of marketing and people are getting hyped and yet we still don't know really what's going on or who the main villain is, and while the lines in each trailer are different the action beats are mostly the same and in snippets, so they're not giving away too much of that either. So far it's been a how-to in marketing an action blockbuster.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users