• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia Manager 1.0 - rebirth

#1 User is offline   ansible 

• Group: High House Mafia

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:15 PM

Greetings, fellow Mafia addicts!

Mafia Manager is back online:

http://dirspace.net/mm/

This was originally written by alt146 many moons ago (the last time I talked to him about the code was early 2012), but it's been down for awhile due to 1) bugs that broke some games, and 2) alt's website is not hosting the tool anymore. I have gone through the code and fixed what I could, but the vast majority was either written by alt146 or is open source. Fortunately, I've had confirmation that at least some bugs are fixed in the new release (I'm calling it 1.0, no longer in beta!).

Anyway, I wanted to make anyone modding a game aware that this is available for use again, but also to keep track of bugs or weird behavior that you may see when using the tool. If you are using it to mod a game and something weird happens, make a note of it and let me know in this thread so I can look at the code to see what's going on. If it's during a current game or something and posting it here would spoil things, please at least post the problems after the game ends, or if I'm not playing, send me a PM and I can look at it sooner.

Also, if there are enhancements that you think would be useful to use while modding, suggestions are welcome; if enough people are interested in using the tool and want new features, I will put up a development version of the tool as I add enhancements and leave the existing version alone and stable (I hope).

So yeah, please feel free to use the tool if you want (for modding - if you're just playing a game, stay away :D), and report bugs/requests/etc. here if you could. If a mod wants to sticky this so it doesn't disappear into obscurity, that would be helpful too. Thanks.

=================EDIT======================

Should have made another "reserved" post after this one.... :(

Current version:

1.0 - 2015/11/19

Pending enhancements:

1) Allow mod to change game password after game creation.
2) Preserve lynch/timeout Day resolution information (votes, timer, alive/dead, etc.) after resolving Day and entering Night phase.
3) Update timer while clock is frozen. (currently can only update while unfrozen)
4) Allow for a player/alt to either count/not count towards total votes needed for lynch.
5) Allow players to vote for a player/alt not currently in the game.

This post has been edited by ansible: 07 November 2016 - 07:13 PM

We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#2 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:18 PM

I went ahead and pinned it. I am personally very excited about this.Thanks again Ansible for bring it back.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#3 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostVengeance, on 19 November 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

I went ahead and pinned it. I am personally very excited about this.Thanks again Ansible for bring it back.

what does this app do?

#4 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • very good...;)

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:29 PM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 19 November 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

View PostVengeance, on 19 November 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

what does this app do?

It makes all of your modding dreams come true. Especially if you are lazy and hate trying to figure out how much time is left in a day. It does require a little bit of data input at the start of a game. But man did the old tool save me a bunch in a lot of games.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#5 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

And it makes updates so easy for Bubba and I to do after we're killed on day/night 1. Helps the actual mod out tremendously.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#6 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:28 AM

Great to see it return, thanks for taking the time to do this ansible.

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#7 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:05 AM

View PostGrief, on 20 November 2015 - 12:28 AM, said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your avatar, it's bloody awful.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#8 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostGnaw, on 20 November 2015 - 01:05 AM, said:

View PostGrief, on 20 November 2015 - 12:28 AM, said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your avatar, it's bloody awful.

agreed, an avatar shud be original.

#9 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:55 PM

ansible - a couple things to add to your list of potential future updates:

* Being able to update the amount of time left on the game clock while it's still frozen. (I know I can just do it after I unfreeze the timer, or unfreeze the timer, do it, then freeze it again, but if it's an easy fix, this would be a useful option).

* This might only be useful for me because of the D&D game, but if it's possible to make it so that a player's existence doesn't affect the number of votes needed for a lynch or to go to night (i.e. if there are 10 players left, but one of them doesn't affect the votes needed, it would be 5 for lynch and 5 for night instead of 6 for lynch and 5 for night)... Anyway, it would certainly be useful for D&D games, and for any other games where this mechanic may be used.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#10 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:23 PM

holy lord, just looked into this.

looks complicated, I think I'll save it for next time and stick to pen and paper for now
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#11 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:54 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 25 October 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

holy lord, just looked into this.

looks complicated, I think I'll save it for next time and stick to pen and paper for now

Once you figure it out, it's actually REALLY easy to use!
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#12 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:25 PM

When I click End Day on the Timer Tab, then confirm the End Day, the End Day button doesn't turn into an End Night button, so I have to go to a different tab then back to the Timer Tab to End the Night. Not a huge deal or anything, but definitely something that I think would probably be easy-ish to fix.
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#13 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:19 PM

Another thing - when I freeze the clock, it stays frozen on the votes page, but when I unfreeze it (i.e. like I did this morning after a 4 day weekend break), it shows as "1 minute since timeout."

#14 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

Out of curiosity - what's the code written in?

- Nom, finds this alt cozy

#15 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:06 AM

I could not add players.

It looks straightforward, add an alt name, role and faction. Click add. Nothing happens

#16 User is offline   ansible 

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:14 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 09 May 2020 - 11:06 AM, said:

I could not add players.

It looks straightforward, add an alt name, role and faction. Click add. Nothing happens

This is a weird issue. I can reproduce it...there is some delay or something. The table output looks correct after awhile but it's not updating immediately when you click Add Player. Unacceptable, I'm working on it.
We sail in and out of Time, then back again. There is only one ship, the captain says. All the ships we hail between the galaxies or suns are this ship.

#17 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:04 AM

Thanks Ansible. It could be rusty as it's not been used in a while.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users