Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Characters that are more than what they show

#1 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:40 AM

Hi, there are many characters in the books that seem to be and will probably sooner or later will be more than what they show. You can hint they are something special but their relevance or secret identity is not yet revealed:

- Kettle, something is growing inside...
- Sinn, natural born High Mage?
- Grub, this one knows too much to be just a foundling...
- Bottle, he has much more power in him than he shows.
- Kruppe, could he be an "elemental" or even Elder God...

Do you have any opinions and what they will turn out to be?
Would you add any more mystery characters to the list?

#2 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:57 AM

quite a few of these are RAFO

#3 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostMist, on 16 October 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

Hi, there are many characters in the books that seem to be and will probably sooner or later will be more than what they show. You can hint they are something special but their relevance or secret identity is not yet revealed:

- Kettle, something is growing inside...
- Sinn, natural born High Mage?
- Grub, this one knows too much to be just a foundling...
- Bottle, he has much more power in him than he shows.
- Kruppe, could he be an "elemental" or even Elder God...

Do you have any opinions and what they will turn out to be?
Would you add any more mystery characters to the list?

We don't really need to have opinions, we know what most of these will turn out to be. It's impossible to comment on any of these in this subforum without spoilers.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#4 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

Hi, yes. I imagined these mysteries will be solved in future, but was just looking for some discussion with those like me who are still reading... Well, I will go back to Reaper Gale now. Must keep pushing!!

Oh! And I forgot... Kruppe's and Iskaral's mules!!

#5 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:35 PM

You'll have to forgive people who've finished the series already. They like to peruse the book forums and lord it over the people still reading like the monsters they are, as if two or more people mid-series can't hold a conversation comfortably without their expert input. Dark souls for dark times. You'd do well to curse every single one of them in your nightly prayers.

Anyway, your people-to-watch list is strong. I will say that House of Chains already hints at Grub's future in a chapter's opening history fragment. Go back and find it.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

View Postworry, on 16 October 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

You'll have to forgive people who've finished the series already. They like to peruse the book forums and lord it over the people still reading like the monsters they are, as if two or more people mid-series can't hold a conversation comfortably without their expert input. Dark souls for dark times. You'd do well to curse every single one of them in your nightly prayers.

Anyway, your people-to-watch list is strong. I will say that House of Chains already hints at Grub's future in a chapter's opening history fragment. Go back and find it.

I found it for you on wiki:
"It was said the captain's adopted child - who at that time was known by the unfortunate name of Grub - refused the wagon on the march. that he walked the entire way, even as, in the first week beneath the year's hottest sun, fit and hale soldiers stumbled and fell.

this is perhaps invention, for by all accounts he was at that time no more than five years of age. and the captain himself, from whose journals much of that journey and the clash in which it culminated is related in detail, writes very little of Grub, more concerned as he was with the rigours of command. As a result, of the future First Sword of the Late Empire period, scant details, beyond the legendary and probably fictitious, are known.
"
―Lives of the Three
Moragalle

View Postworry, on 16 October 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

Dont you talk about monsters and dark-souls.

Hes just sucking you in Mist, so he can destroy you later, finely and delicately, only leaving empty container of your body. Your brain will be torn apart and your thought spilled all around the universe. Hes like spider, he will inject venom in you and your soul will liquify. There will be no way back, no turning around...

He just wants all the power of malazanempire for himself, but rest of us are willing to share and you better remember it.
Just keep reading, you will feel the power yourself when youre done.

This post has been edited by Charlie Nom: 16 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

All things fall from kings to rose petals

#7 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

Worry, thanks for the comments and hint.

Hahaha can't wait to reach the power Charlie Nom, the downside being I will have read all the books already... And many thanks for looking up for me that text. It hints his future, but I still find exiting to think how he will reach the status.

Must keep reading! I'm wasting precious time!!

#8 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:51 AM

View PostGorefest, on 16 October 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

We don't really need to have opinions, we know what most of these will turn out to be. It's impossible to comment on any of these in this subforum without spoilers.

Gorefest - Two things - one, don't be that guy, and two, don't speak for anyone but yourself.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#9 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

Fair cop, that was uncalled for. Speculate away. Sorry Mist! I was channeling my inner Tiste Liosan.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#10 User is offline   Mist 

• Corporal

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:59 PM

Gorefest, no hard feelings. Power (of any kind) is hard to master and can lead to this situations.

#11 User is offline   Tarthenal Theloman Toblakai 

• Engineer Extraordinaire!
  • Interests:Engineering, books, films, gaming, gym, running, mountain biking

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

We all KNOW that they will be awesome and epic. That is enough :-)

Unfortunately, yes RAFO. I am currently re-reading and realised I have forgotten too much, and greet every page with unrivaled hunger for more information, much like the first time I read them! I would say your list is a good start, and the amount of characters that turn out to just be immense is unending IMO. Enjoy finding out more though mate! Posted Image
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." ― Anomander Rake, Son of Darkness

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users