Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Temper fan art?

#1 User is offline   Aventinus 

• Dassem's First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:50 PM

Ok, I've read GotM and NoK so far and this may come as a surprise but my favorite character so far is Temper. I find him really interesting based on two facts.

1. His way of thinking and his past life (omg, the chapter regarding Dassem)
2. The fact that he's not ridiculously OP. I mean, don't get me wrong, he is a badass but he's not Quick Ben or something.

It seems though that I'm the only one because I can't find any fan art that depicts him. Sad Oblivious is sad. I was wondering, can someone make something cool about him?
"Show me a god that does not demand mortal suffering. Show me a god that celebrates diversity, a celebration that embraces even non-believers, and is not threatened by them. Show me a god that understands the meaning of peace. In life, not in death."

#2 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostOblivious, on 11 October 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

Ok, I've read GotM and NoK so far and this may come as a surprise but my favorite character so far is Temper. I find him really interesting based on two facts.

2. The fact that he's not ridiculously OP. I mean, don't get me wrong, he is a badass but he's not Quick Ben or something.

It seems though that I'm the only one because I can't find any fan art that depicts him. Sad Oblivious is sad. I was wondering, can someone make something cool about him?

Don't think I've ever seen Temper fan art. If you're on your first read of the series beware spoilers when googling for pictures. I know there are some pictures on google that work as spoilers.

Also, your reading order, while not unheard of, is perhaps a bit strange. Here is what the forum came up with after talking about it for some time:

Malazan Book of the Fallen
Novels of the Malazan Empire
Novellas

1. Gardens of the Moon
2. Deadhouse Gates
3. Blood Follows
4. The Lees of Laughter's End
5. The Wurms of Blearmouth
6. Memories of Ice
7. House of Chains
8. The Healthy Dead
9. Midnight Tides
10. Night of Knives
11. The Bonehunters
12. Reaper's Gale
13. Crack'd Pot Trail
14. Return of the Crimson Guard
15. Toll the Hounds
16. Stonewielder
17. Goats of Glory
18. Dust of Dreams
19. Orb, Sceptre, Throne
20. The Crippled God
21. Blood and Bone
22. Assail

Kharkanas Trilogy:

23. Forge of Darkness
24. Fall of Light
25. Walk in Shadow

Personally I left the novellas for last as they aren't important in terms of plot, just fun reads with lots of humor in them. I also read Stone Wielder and Orb, Sceptre, Throne only after reading The Crippled God. This order gives you resolution to SE's series without giving spoilers if you want to get through to the end quickly like I did, but do as you like.

This post has been edited by Esa1996: 11 October 2015 - 06:31 PM

#3 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:28 PM

Temper is depicted here: http://forum.malazan...and-ink-scenes/ in post #36 as a background character. Very stylized art though.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#4 User is offline   Aventinus 

• Dassem's First Sword

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:49 PM

View PostEsa1996, on 11 October 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Don't think I've ever seen Temper fan art. If you're on your first read of the series beware spoilers when googling for pictures. I know there are some pictures on google that work as spoilers.

Also, your reading order, while not unheard of, is perhaps a bit strange. Here is what the forum came up with after talking about it for some time:

Malazan Book of the Fallen
Novels of the Malazan Empire
Novellas

1. Gardens of the Moon
2. Deadhouse Gates
3. Blood Follows
4. The Lees of Laughter's End
5. The Wurms of Blearmouth
6. Memories of Ice
7. House of Chains
8. The Healthy Dead
9. Midnight Tides
10. Night of Knives
11. The Bonehunters
12. Reaper's Gale
13. Crack'd Pot Trail
14. Return of the Crimson Guard
15. Toll the Hounds
16. Stonewielder
17. Goats of Glory
18. Dust of Dreams
19. Orb, Sceptre, Throne
20. The Crippled God
21. Blood and Bone
22. Assail

Kharkanas Trilogy:

23. Forge of Darkness
24. Fall of Light
25. Walk in Shadow

Personally I left the novellas for last as they aren't important in terms of plot, just fun reads with lots of humor in them. I also read Stone Wielder and Orb, Sceptre, Throne only after reading The Crippled God. This order gives you resolution to SE's series without giving spoilers if you want to get through to the end quickly like I did, but do as you like.

Hello Esa. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm actually following Tor's reading order, which happens to be the suggested one in the wikia too. In my understanding, that's the chronological order (not taking into account that NoK is a prequel).

View Postworry, on 11 October 2015 - 06:28 PM, said:

Temper is depicted here: http://forum.malazan...and-ink-scenes/ in post #36 as a background character. Very stylized art though.

Thanks Worry, I guess that's better than nothing. I wish there was something really cool though...
"Show me a god that does not demand mortal suffering. Show me a god that celebrates diversity, a celebration that embraces even non-believers, and is not threatened by them. Show me a god that understands the meaning of peace. In life, not in death."

#5 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:50 PM

Just pointing out that pic is spoilery for OP as he has not read RotCG yet.

Oblivious, as far as I know the only Temper art is from RotCG.

If you are curious about fanart, the Malazan wiki has sorted them by book to make them spoiler safe. Galleries

IMPORTANT NOTE

As you have finished GotM and NoK only check those two. And the new reader one

After you have finished DG check that

And so on

#6 User is offline   Aventinus 

• Dassem's First Sword

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostAndorion, on 11 October 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Oblivious, as far as I know the only Temper art is from RotCG.

If you are curious about fanart, the Malazan wiki has sorted them by book to make them spoiler safe. Galleries

IMPORTANT NOTE

As you have finished GotM and NoK only check those two. And the new reader one

After you have finished DG check that

And so on

Thanks Androrion, will do. :)

#7 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostAndorion, on 11 October 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

You're absolutely right. Mental lapse.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#8 User is offline   Esa1996 

• Fist

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:23 AM

View PostOblivious, on 11 October 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

Hello Esa. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm actually following Tor's reading order, which happens to be the suggested one in the wikia too. In my understanding, that's the chronological order (not taking into account that NoK is a prequel).

It's not in the chronological order, but reading the series in chronological order is near impossible nor is it the order the authors want you to read the books in, so you don't want to do it until you've read it all at least once. Anyway, as you've already read NoK, there's nothing wrong with reading the rest of the series in the order of the Tor Reread. Apart from NoK and Stonewielder it's the same order I read the series in (I read NoK between TBH and RG, and Stonewielder after TCG). Anyway, have fun with the series! :)

This post has been edited by Esa1996: 12 October 2015 - 11:23 AM

#9 User is offline   Aventinus 

• Dassem's First Sword

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostEsa1996, on 12 October 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

View PostOblivious, on 11 October 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

It's not in the chronological order, but reading the series in chronological order is near impossible nor is it the order the authors want you to read the books in, so you don't want to do it until you've read it all at least once. Anyway, as you've already read NoK, there's nothing wrong with reading the rest of the series in the order of the Tor Reread. Apart from NoK and Stonewielder it's the same order I read the series in (I read NoK between TBH and RG, and Stonewielder after TCG). Anyway, have fun with the series! :)

Thanks! Looking forward to it. :)

#10 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:17 AM

That would be cool to have.

And yeah, Temper doesn't have superpowers, he's just a really steadfast, good soldier.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users