• You cannot reply to this topic

Mafia 124.5 Spoilers

#41 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostCalm, on 27 August 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

I figure a little waiting helps build suspense and works to drive those rat-bastards who lynched me a little crazy..Posted Image

That's the spirit!

-MessGrammarNazi.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#42 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:01 PM

Karosis, on 25 August 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

Uh that idea about encryption and keys and stuff, is that allowed?

Also do Cult have a kill action?

We never did get a PS answer on this, Blend what were your thoughts?

Omtose, on 26 August 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

So it seems like I have messed this up royally. The only day my RL actually blows up in my face, this lot of grammar nazis start getting pedantic and I realize an FM role is waaay tougher than I thought it would be. Should have chosen my target better.

I mean I didn't even know you could use code to put in bullet points. I don't even use bullet points in a forum. Who does??

I have been known to. And yeah bad target choice is the downfall of a FM. I was hoping to bracket your posting times thereby forcing you into targetting certain alts - you working from my spreadsheet in fact to pick targets - so that I could try introducing some errors for you to slip over not to mention limiting those who you'd have to try and emulate.

FM is a hard one. I've not had a try yet so well done for lasting so long, especially when names were handed out; I was expecting partial CFs. The full one was a godsend. It made it more of a meta hunt than a mafia hunt though and did stack it against you.
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#43 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:57 PM

Damn I was actually correct when I thought HP and Eloth were cult

#44 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:59 PM

View PostMessremb, on 27 August 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

Omtose, on 26 August 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

So it seems like I have messed this up royally. The only day my RL actually blows up in my face, this lot of grammar nazis start getting pedantic and I realize an FM role is waaay tougher than I thought it would be. Should have chosen my target better.

I mean I didn't even know you could use code to put in bullet points. I don't even use bullet points in a forum. Who does??

I have been known to. And yeah bad target choice is the downfall of a FM. I was hoping to bracket your posting times thereby forcing you into targetting certain alts - you working from my spreadsheet in fact to pick targets - so that I could try introducing some errors for you to slip over not to mention limiting those who you'd have to try and emulate.

FM is a hard one. I've not had a try yet so well done for lasting so long, especially when names were handed out; I was expecting partial CFs. The full one was a godsend. It made it more of a meta hunt than a mafia hunt though and did stack it against you.

I really should have considered targets better. My timezone makes it a bit tough for me to imitate posting times exactly

#45 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostAndorion, on 27 August 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

Damn I was actually correct when I thought HP and Eloth were cult

Spot on. I said as much in the PM.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#46 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

• "But it's turtles all the way down"
  • Interests:Archery, cycling, science, & philosophy.

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:07 PM

View PostAndorion, on 27 August 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

I really should have considered targets better. My timezone makes it a bit tough for me to imitate posting times exactly

What made you pick me?
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

#47 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

I see no reason why this wouldn't be allowed - there has been use of codes in many games in the past. I've also seen games where people spent a whole Day 1 speaking in Japanese or other languages, which really frustrated people trying to ensure there was no signalling in them.

Generally things like that are frowned upon by members of the game, but I've never seen a Mod say something about it.

That being said, encrypting the entire thread or whatever kind of defeats the purpose of Mafia. It just means you're trying to play outside the rules because it's too hard to play the game the way it's supposed to be played, which is to analyze what people are saying and how they're saying it to figure out if they're telling the truth or not.

I think it would be a mod discretion thing, but I'd certainly enjoy seeing what more experienced mods like Tapper, D'rek and/or Venge would say about it?
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#48 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:51 PM

I actually coded 'I am me' into posts on both days :p
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#49 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:16 PM

So Khell what's with your weird posting times?
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#50 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:13 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 27 August 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

I've got the flu and the muscle ache from it was so bad it woke me up in the middle of the night. Tried to distract myself from it with some mafia :p
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#51 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostBlend, on 20 August 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostAzathmaster, on 20 August 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

If you need any help modding or resolving, I can pitch in. And Mess as recruiter should be interesting! Can you fill me in, what's happening with Mafia recently? Last game I played was the Fate/Decim game that kinda failed iirc, and it seems like the numbers have been sorta down lately, is that a trend?

Yeah, I think there's a lull in participation right now, but I think that's normal for summertime - people just aren't spending as much time in front of their computers because they're doing stuff with their families and such.

I think, also, that some people are just suffering from Mafia overload. I know I haven't actually played in the last couple of games simply because I've been busy with other things. But we ARE starting to see a couple of new players (LinearPhilosopher, Calm's Peace, Gredfallan Ale are all new) so hopefully that influx on top of the return of some of the other players post-summer will get things back to form!

Also, a couple games ago Venge went on a Venge rant that sort of turned 2-3 people right off / made them modkill themselves. It sorta ruined the last game I modded.

I plan to unveil the next Sengoku sometime this Fall. Happy to have you back in Azath, and all the new bloods too.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#52 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:48 AM

View PostBlend, on 27 August 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

I see no reason why this wouldn't be allowed - there has been use of codes in many games in the past. I've also seen games where people spent a whole Day 1 speaking in Japanese or other languages, which really frustrated people trying to ensure there was no signalling in them.

Generally things like that are frowned upon by members of the game, but I've never seen a Mod say something about it.

That being said, encrypting the entire thread or whatever kind of defeats the purpose of Mafia. It just means you're trying to play outside the rules because it's too hard to play the game the way it's supposed to be played, which is to analyze what people are saying and how they're saying it to figure out if they're telling the truth or not.

I think it would be a mod discretion thing, but I'd certainly enjoy seeing what more experienced mods like Tapper, D'rek and/or Venge would say about it?

The first person to break out the Japanese will get hit by a blast of Bengali.

#53 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:53 AM

View PostKhellendros, on 27 August 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 27 August 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

I've got the flu and the muscle ache from it was so bad it woke me up in the middle of the night. Tried to distract myself from it with some mafia :p

This is why Khell terrifies me. If I had gotten sick my posting would have fallen off. He starts posting at newer times and he starts coding names into posts. The whole game I was jittery becasue I couldn't alt Khell. I should have realised he was Telas when Telas began stating with quiet certainty that Omtose was the FM. He did the absolute same thing in the escape from malaz city game I think. Just came on thread and posted th correct answer with 100% certainly. It gave me chills

#54 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:59 AM

View PostGredfallan Ale, on 27 August 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

View PostAndorion, on 27 August 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

What made you pick me?

I wanted somebody who would be seen as moderately Town friendly but not as post heavy as say Demelain. I was also suspicious of Hoods Path and Telas was attracting a lot of negative attention. But I didn't really give your posting style or times a detailed look, it was more of a skim, especially as I was out half the time, trying to put out fires in my RL and using mobile.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users