Mafia 124.5 Spoilers

#1 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

THIS IS A SPOILER THREAD....

IF YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE.....

GET OUT!!!
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#2 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

Alt - Password

PS - riddle
SH - replenish

Eloth – hermione
Omtose – mundungus
Denul – harry
Hood’s Path – aragog
Telas – sirius
Aranatha – dolores
Demelain – snape
Hanas - minerva
Karosis - mundungus

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 26 August 2015 - 12:46 AM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:12 PM

Player / Alt / Role

LinearPhilosopher / Demelain / Roleless Innocent
Khellendros / Telas / Roleless Innocent
Messremb / Eloth / Recruiter
Calm’s Peace / Denul / Roleless Innocent
A Demon Llama! / Hanas / Roleless Innocent
Shinrei / Aranatha / Roleless Innocent
Andorion / Karosis - Omtose / Faceless Man
Tattersail / Hood's Path / Roleless Innocent
Gredfallan Ale / Karosis / Roleless Innocent

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 27 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

#4 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

Role PMs

Roleless Innocent

You are a roleless innocent. Your only power is the vote to lynch, so use it wisely!

Faceless Man

You are a wandering spirit, possessing folk to stay alive. Each night, you may target one alt. You will take over that alt at the beginning of the next day cycle. During the night cycle, the player in that alt will die in your current alt. You cannot be recruited - if the recruiter targets the alt into which you will be moving, his recruit will fail. New alts and passwords will be sent to your regular forum account via the original game alt PM I sent you.

Recruiter

You aspire to lead a cult that worships the Mafia Gods, and are just charismatic enough to convince people to join your cult. Each night, you may target one player to recruit to your cult. If you are successful, they will be told that you have recruited them, and become a member of your cult. You will be told if you are successful or not.

#5 User is offline   Azathmaster 

• Rewinder of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • First Survivor in the Survivors' Guild

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:47 PM

If you need any help modding or resolving, I can pitch in. And Mess as recruiter should be interesting! Can you fill me in, what's happening with Mafia recently? Last game I played was the Fate/Decim game that kinda failed iirc, and it seems like the numbers have been sorta down lately, is that a trend?
"To victory! It feels unfamiliar, but it tastes like chicken"

#6 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostAzathmaster, on 20 August 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

If you need any help modding or resolving, I can pitch in. And Mess as recruiter should be interesting! Can you fill me in, what's happening with Mafia recently? Last game I played was the Fate/Decim game that kinda failed iirc, and it seems like the numbers have been sorta down lately, is that a trend?

Yeah, I think there's a lull in participation right now, but I think that's normal for summertime - people just aren't spending as much time in front of their computers because they're doing stuff with their families and such.

I think, also, that some people are just suffering from Mafia overload. I know I haven't actually played in the last couple of games simply because I've been busy with other things. But we ARE starting to see a couple of new players (LinearPhilosopher, Calm's Peace, Gredfallan Ale are all new) so hopefully that influx on top of the return of some of the other players post-summer will get things back to form!

Also, a couple games ago Venge went on a Venge rant that sort of turned 2-3 people right off / made them modkill themselves. It sorta ruined the last game I modded.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#7 User is offline   Azathmaster 

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

True, summer usually is a bit more of a lull, except the one year with espers(definitely one of my favorite games). What game was his rant in? I kinda want to see how bad it was, cause I like to think i've seen some pretty bad Venge rants (actually espers is a good example there too)

#8 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostAzathmaster, on 20 August 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

True, summer usually is a bit more of a lull, except the one year with espers(definitely one of my favorite games). What game was his rant in? I kinda want to see how bad it was, cause I like to think i've seen some pretty bad Venge rants (actually espers is a good example there too)

122.5 - it was less a rant and more a calling everyone assholes and idiots and whatnot. *shrugs*

I think it just took those who had never lived through a Venge rant by surprise more than anything.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#9 User is offline   Azathmaster 

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

Ok yeah that does make sense, first venge rant I was pretty angry until I realized it was just vengy being vengy, and learned to just kinda let it happen

#10 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostBlend, on 20 August 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

View PostAzathmaster, on 20 August 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

122.5 - it was less a rant and more a calling everyone assholes and idiots and whatnot. *shrugs*

I think it just took those who had never lived through a Venge rant by surprise more than anything.

It wasn't even that epic of a rant. Really it was more like WTF are you doing? Especially since I had spent so much time setting them up to be fucking lynches... Still irritated. I mean I did win but still.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#11 User is offline   Inane Babble 

• Lieutenant

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:32 PM

I read the setup in the OP and I think if you need people to check their main accounts to find out when they died there will be mistakes made that may screw with the game.

How about sending a message through the original alt with something like "The original owner of this body has died and the faceless man has taken hold" or something like that, with instructions to check the forum account for SH info.

#12 User is offline   Azathmaster 

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

Wait how long have you been an Admin Venge? Did I miss that?

#13 User is offline   Blend 

• View gallery

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:52 PM

View PostInane Babble, on 20 August 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

I read the setup in the OP and I think if you need people to check their main accounts to find out when they died there will be mistakes made that may screw with the game.

How about sending a message through the original alt with something like "The original owner of this body has died and the faceless man has taken hold" or something like that, with instructions to check the forum account for SH info.

Well, essentially, when the FM takes over an alt, the password for that alt will be changed, so the original owner should no longer be able to log it. That being said, if they are already logged in, cookies sometimes make it so that they don't get logged out, so they can still post from the new alt. It's just a warning to people to pay attention. It's the only way to really work with a FM.

#14 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

View PostInane Babble, on 20 August 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

Ahh no you just change the password when the FM jumps in. The previous owner will automatically be logged out and will be irritated. They will then log into their real account and see the pm.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#15 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

• "But it's turtles all the way down"
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Archery, cycling, science, & philosophy.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:42 AM

That was quick. No use in completing my dataset, then.

I think that they should be able to identify me, if they check the only game I've played so far.

About the alt confusion, I think the listing of your username with the alt of the filthy body snatcher ought to bring enough confusion to realise that your alt is taken.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

#16 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:41 AM

View PostHood, on 26 August 2015 - 08:35 AM, said:

Just a thought, why do we suppose Gredfallen Ale was the FM, Karosis was the FM yes but the dead person is the alt that he jumped into. So say Hanas was jumped Gredfallen Ale and the FM jumped into Hanas then Gredfallen Ale is dead out of the Hanas alt.

Unless we get a similar CF tonight ie alt is dead he was Gredfallen ale...

I am a little confused.

Come on, Hood, do the math. :D Figure out who I was and you know who the FM is today.

(I'm suffering from sideline frustration syndrome)

This post has been edited by Gredfallan Ale: 26 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

#17 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostPath-Shaper, on 20 August 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

Player / Alt / Role

LinearPhilosopher / Demelain / Roleless Innocent
Khellendros / Telas / Roleless Innocent
Messremb / Eloth / Recruiter
Calm’s Peace / Denul / Roleless Innocent
A Demon Llama! / Hanas / Roleless Innocent
Shinrei / Aranatha / Roleless Innocent
Andorion / KarosisOmtose / Faceless Man
Tattersail / Hood's Path / Roleless Innocent
Gredfallan Ale / Karosis / Roleless Innocent

I was Omtose, not Karosis, by the way. Probably a mix-up during the FM swap.

Edit: Or is it the alt I assumed just prior to or while dying? Maybe it should say Omtose --> Karosis or something, to clear things up.

This post has been edited by Gredfallan Ale: 26 August 2015 - 09:50 AM

#18 User is offline   Calm's Peace 

• Recruit

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:19 PM

Ah, that was a funny read through after the business dinner I had last night. The chaos is so entertaining. I wasn't too shocked when the lynch came. If figured if Hanas popped up at the end and started posting, they'd work their way into a frenzy and lynch me.[img]http://forum.malazanempire.com/public/style_emoticons/darkset/:D.gif[/img] I was just trying to prevent the FM from jumping into someone who wasn't going to be around. Although they almost saved poor Gred., Karo was there for a moment. I'm kind of glad of the lynch, I was going to be hard pressed to get to the board to post this week so probably best for town that I'm out of the game.

Thanks for modding Blend!

#19 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

I almost saved myself, I think. Demelain (? have to check) even followed my vote on Karosis. However, as time was running out, I did not see an opportunity to move enough votes to Karosis in time, so joined one of the two biggest voting block (you, with two votes, I actually gained some trust in Demelain, the other "two voter" at the moment, and you were not around to do the same).

After Aranatha switched to Hanas, I nearly followed, but as I was already jumping all over the place, I did not want to risk changing my vote again. So, I started campaigning against you to at least get a lynch.

#20 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

View PostTelas, on 26 August 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

Well, so far I've found that when Gred's quoting someone else's post, he likes to highlight in a different colour the bits which he's specifically discussing. Anyone do that day 1?

Only in SH I think. Too bad.

But they're getting there.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users