Malazan Empire: Inconsistency or what? Adjunt travelling by Warren - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Inconsistency or what? Adjunt travelling by Warren

#1 User is offline   petete 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:51 PM

Hi! I'm re-reading GoM. In the first chapter, the Malazan army recruiter says that "Laseen’s Adjunct arrived from Unta shortly afterward, using one of those eerie magical Warrens to get here."

Can you travel by Warren with an Otataral Sword? inconsistency (within the first book, just 20 pages into it xD) or what??

#2 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

View Postpetete, on 22 July 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

Hi! I'm re-reading GoM. In the first chapter, the Malazan army recruiter says that "Laseen's Adjunct arrived from Unta shortly afterward, using one of those eerie magical Warrens to get here."

Can you travel by Warren with an Otataral Sword? inconsistency (within the first book, just 20 pages into it xD) or what??

Tough to reply to this in the GotM forum asit will involve spoilers, but briefly the Imperial Warren is different.

#3 User is offline   Dadding 

• Shaved Knuckle in the Hole

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:07 PM

Doesn't she have some sort of scabbard that blocks out the effects or something?

#4 User is offline   petete 

• Recruit

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:00 PM

View PostAndorion, on 22 July 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

View Postpetete, on 22 July 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

Hi! I'm re-reading GoM. In the first chapter, the Malazan army recruiter says that "Laseen's Adjunct arrived from Unta shortly afterward, using one of those eerie magical Warrens to get here."

Tough to reply to this in the GotM forum asit will involve spoilers, but briefly the Imperial Warren is different.

I know about the Imperial Warren (yup, difficult not to spoil), but to go there you still have to "open" a tear to go into it using magic, right?

View PostDadding, on 22 July 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

Doesn't she have some sort of scabbard that blocks out the effects or something?

Mmm I don't remember this, but still it's said that having the Otataral sword (and even dust, iirc) in your posession for a while will leave some of its properties in you, so ...

This post has been edited by petete: 22 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

#5 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

Depends on how long she's had it, maybe?

Also, a special scabbard can definitely dull the effects enough. Difficult to talk more about that in the GotM forum, though.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users