Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Draconus new sword? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

WHat sword does Draconus have and where did it come from? Thats something i havent figured out yet. It seems like the Barghast lady really covets it, and it has some sort of magicalness to it, but its not grief and Dragnipur is crushed so which sword is he carrying now?

#2 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:24 PM

View Posttheocean, on 06 July 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

WHat sword does Draconus have and where did it come from? Thats something i havent figured out yet. It seems like the Barghast lady really covets it, and it has some sort of magicalness to it, but its not grief and Dragnipur is crushed so which sword is he carrying now?

Draconus is old, perhaps older then anomandaris. He created a weapon that hid the gate of darkness from Chaos. I would expect that he had created other weapons of power and was able to hide them from everyone else. If your asking what his swords name is I do not believe that it is mentioned.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#3 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

They just seem to talk a lot about it for it to just be skipped over in any real detail. He just pops back out of Dragnipur with this badass sword that leaks cold and darkness and thats all we get.

#4 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:35 PM

View Posttheocean, on 06 July 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

They just seem to talk a lot about it for it to just be skipped over in any real detail. He just pops back out of Dragnipur with this badass sword that leaks cold and darkness and thats all we get.

You just finished an epic story were there were a ton of things that were not wrapped up or explained because they just happened off screen or 15 million years ago (roughly). I would expect you to be used to "thats all we get" items.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#5 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:05 PM

It's called Blackbutter and it's actually one of his kitchen utensils. Short notice and all.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#6 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:09 PM

View PostVengeance, on 06 July 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

View Posttheocean, on 06 July 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

You just finished an epic story were there were a ton of things that were not wrapped up or explained because they just happened off screen or 15 million years ago (roughly). I would expect you to be used to "thats all we get" items.

Fair enough. I just noticed on my reread I had no answer for this. Most of the stuff I can write off to rafo. But this just had me puzzled.

#7 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

View Postworry, on 06 July 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

It's called Blackbutter and it's actually one of his kitchen utensils. Short notice and all.

Little known fact. Draconus is lactose intolerant. Erickson revealed that on his last interview over at Tor.

#8 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

Dunno, but personally I'd just assumed the sword to be manifested Darkness,just going by the way he conjures it - there's a lot of darkness swirling around his hand and them BOOM, it's a sword. Also, pretty sure it's described as 'bleeding darkness, dripping cold' or something. I'm probably wrong, though. In any case, as someone already mentioned, he's had enough time to stash a spare in some pocket dimension.
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#9 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

I'm with Puckstein. I think it's just a manifestation of Draconus power. Sort of the proto-version of what became the vessel that was Dragnipur.

#10 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, that's how I read it as well. It's not a physical sword as such, it's a conjured contraption of solid Darkness in the form of a sword.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users