Maria 122.5 Spoiler Thread

#1 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:46 PM

IF YOU SHOULDN'T BE IN HERE...

STAY OUT!!!!

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#2 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

Alt/Password

Path-Shaper: driven
Spoiler Heaven: robot

Aranatha - fairy
Bek Okhan - rapidly
Denul - fire
Demelain - skies
Eloth - moneybags
Fener - fishies
Hanas - numerical
Karosis - open
Liosan - stare
Olar Ethil - worse
Omtose - succinct
Skintick - drudgery
Togg - archipelago
Ultama - slowly

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 07 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

Player / Role / Alt

1. Gnaw / Hanas / Healer
2. Shinrei / Demelain / Guard
3. Ashes / Eloth / RI
4. Inane Babble / Bek Okhan / RI
5. Messremb / Togg / RI
6. Tattersail / Omtose / RI
7. Khellendros / Olar Ethil / RI
8. Andorion / Skintick / Killer
9. Vengeance / Karosis / Symp
10. The Unfound / Aranatha / Killer
11. BalrogLord / Fener / RI
12. Bubba / Denul / RI
13. Brujah / Liosan / RI
14. A Demon Llama! / Ultama / FM/Serial Killer (Independent)

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 02 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

#4 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

Role PMs

Killer

You are part of a pair of killers. Your partner is XXX. You may have offthread communications with them in the PM I've opened.

Symp

You are a symp. Your job is to lead the thread away from the killers. The killers are XXXX and XXXX.

Healer

You are a healer. Once per night, you may choose any alt besides yourself. If that alt is targeted by a kill action, the kill will fail.

Guard

You are a guard. Once per night, you may target any alt besides yourself. If that alt performs an action during the night cycle, the action will be cancelled.

Disease

You are a disease, a BLIGHT on this world!

You are a Faceless Man / Serial Killer.

Before Night 1, you will need to choose a player to infect. Before Night 2 (during Day 2), you must choose a different player to become your new host body.

During Night 2, the player you infected during Night 1 will die. During Day 3 you must choose a new person to infect. During Night 3, you will jump into your new host body and the alt of your old host will die with the player whose body you've taken over. During Day 4, you will need to choose a new host body, and Night 4 the infected player will die.

The cycle MUST continue as such. If the infection is healed, or if your FM jump is prevented, you will die.

An infected player can be healed either on the night you infected them, or the night they are supposed to die.

Your FM jump can be guarded on either the night you choose your target or the night of your jump.

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 29 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

#5 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:47 AM

What is it with everyone overthinking things in this game? Only Tatts seems has stated the obvious - that both the infector and the killers targetted me.

Blend, you've listed both Gnaw and Unfound as Aranatha?

Oh, and, sorry Bubba :p At least I'm here with you!
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#6 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:53 PM

Also Blend, you might want to PM Ashes encouraging him to carry on. He hasn't played anything 'wrong', it's just how mafia goes sometimes! I thought he played very well last game, and it would be a shame to lose him.

#7 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

Khellendros, on 02 July 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

What is it with everyone overthinking things in this game? Only Tatts seems has stated the obvious - that both the infector and the killers targetted me.

Blend, you've listed both Gnaw and Unfound as Aranatha?

Oh, and, sorry Bubba :p At least I'm here with you!

I'm willing to bet that if I sit out the next game I will still be lynched first.

#8 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:13 AM

So Karosis rant was to mask or take away from the Aranatha vote?

Sorry Bubba, I don't know why you get targeted time and again.

You only seem to survive as scum.

#9 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:48 AM

Did they mention why I was killed?

I enjoyed the game, I thought I was playing as true a town game as possible.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#10 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:50 AM

With all the ri mod kills though I don't see town winning. So I'm going to root for ADL. Tough job but if anyone can pull it off its him/her

#11 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:57 PM

Shinrei's playing a good game, nailed both Karosis and Skintick as scum.

I'm still not sure why the game exploded as it did. That was all a bit out of nowhere.

#12 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:18 PM

Fun fact - Skintick and Aranatha had targeted Ultama with a kill - if he hadn't already been set up to jump into Fener, they would have taken him out. As it stands, ADL is now working out of the Fener alt, and BalrogLord is dead in his place!

#13 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:10 PM

Path-Shaper, on 07 July 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Fun fact - Skintick and Aranatha had targeted Ultama with a kill - if he hadn't already been set up to jump into Fener, they would have taken him out. As it stands, ADL is now working out of the Fener alt, and BalrogLord is dead in his place!

ok so that explains a few things.

Well i made it to day 3 so as a rookie i feel its something of an accomplishment. So bubba dying is a trend here?

Anyways, if cookies are enabled you don't get auto locked out of an account.

So I was completely off in my guesses... Dam

So i don't suppose i could get some feedback on my first game's performance.

This post has been edited by BalrogLord: 07 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

#14 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

BalrogLord, on 07 July 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Well i made it to day 3 so as a rookie i feel its something of an accomplishment. So bubba dying is a trend here?

Considering you had Fener as your first alt, you did amazingly. "If in doubt, lynch Fener", used to be a common way of playing, although not so much anymore :ermm:

I think you did well. Yeah, you may not have been on the right path, but you were contributing, making arguments, setting up links, all content which can help other good players when they come to compare your interactions with others after your death. The RI role is quite different from most other roles, it is the most team-centric, selfless role, the one you shouldn't be afraid to stick your neck out with to do the questioning and raising the attention of others. Part of the job is often to die so that your lynch train/timing of death can be examind for clues.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 08 July 2015 - 09:36 AM

#15 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

My last vote was Aranatha. Venge did a good job of subduing the thread

#16 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:09 PM

Khellendros, on 08 July 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

Considering you had Fener as your first alt, you did amazingly. "If in doubt, lynch Fener", used to be a common way of playing, although not so much anymore :ermm:

I think you did well. Yeah, you may not have been on the right path, but you were contributing, making arguments, setting up links, all content which can help other good players when they come to compare your interactions with others after your death. The RI role is quite different from most other roles, it is the most team-centric, selfless role, the one you shouldn't be afraid to stick your neck out with to do the questioning and raising the attention of others. Part of the job is often to die so that your lynch train/timing of death can be examind for clues.

loosing 4 RIs in 2 days kinda screwed us over though. Also doesn't help the other RIs are basically MIA

#17 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:51 PM

BalrogLord, on 08 July 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

Khellendros, on 08 July 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

loosing 4 RIs in 2 days kinda screwed us over though. Also doesn't help the other RIs are basically MIA

Well I did say 'can help other GOOD players' ;)

#18 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

Few random comments about roles:

Denul:

Denul, on 29 June 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

I'm sure they will use it.........on me....

Olar Ethil:

Olar Ethil, on 29 June 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

Au contraire, mon ami, I also have the power of words!
Also the power of love.

And Puppy Power.

You have been infected by the disease.

Then, subsequently, killed. You are dead.

Eloth:

Eloth, on 01 July 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

I'm not sure if a self-vote will do it, but just in case I wanted you to remove me from the game. The idea of someone thinking I'm a troll is horrifying to me. I'm just playing to for some relief between work and the hospital. This southern lady is just not a good fit for the game. Sorry for the inconvenience and drama, but when something isn't fun anymore there just isn't any point. Thanks for moding and enjoy your weekend!

Togg:

Togg, on 29 June 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Argh, so Disease Recruiter, Killer pair, 1 symp, 1 guard. 5 roles and I'm RI. Shit :ermm:

Sorry, the randomizer randomizes as the randomize will! ;)

Besides, didn't you end up with all kinds of cool shit in Shin's game?

Togg, on 29 June 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 29 June 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

Sorry, the randomizer randomizes as the randomize will! :)

Besides, didn't you end up with all kinds of cool shit in Shin's game?

If I spam mercilessly here will I get cool shit too? :D

LoL, no, but I encourage you to do it anyway!

Togg, on 02 July 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

As on thread, modkill me please. Like hell am I going to spend the time I have reading bitchy bullshit from Venge. Sorry

#19 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

Liosan:

Liosan, on 01 July 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

I'm thinking Bek is one of our newer players. He's made so many odd posts that I initially found him scummy. Now I'm fairly sure he's just a new player, but that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't scum.

I am interested in finding out who Karosis is. It's uncanny how many of his posts are almost exactly what I have thought. As if he's posting from my own thoughts. I would like to think he must be definitely town, to mirror my take on the game so far, but if he's scum, he's done an amazing job of seeming the most town to me.

Eloth could also be somewhat new. Not totally new, but I think his voting on day 1 was super scummy. So either he's a dumb scum for being so obvious, or a dumb town for making us waste time considering him.

We still haven't had a resolution on Denul, but I can't see how that one single post where he asked a Duh question equates to him being our best choice for day 1 lynch. Now watch him come back scum as I'm writing this.

Hanas needs to post more. Could be scum. Could be busy town.

Omtose and Skintick are two I'd like to focus on some today, assuming I'm not NKed. Let's throw Togg in for good measure as well. He could fit as the perfect low posting scum.

Bleh! It's day 1. There's not much to go on.

Not even a RESOLUTION. :ermm:

Liosan, on 02 July 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

I hope Ashes knows I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I should have realized he was a newer player before I decided to play the 'harsh tactic' with him. Tell him it's nothing personal. It's just a tactic used in mafia. A good example was that it use to work well against EM. If you took a harsh stance with EM in mafia, and he was always easy for me to alt, it would throw him off his game.

No need to quit playing. My first game had 24 players and the majority were extremely harsh with me, but I saw it as a challenge to overcome in a game setting, not personal attacks.

Mafia is more about psychology than some people are willing to admit or are capable of dealing with. Getting under peoples skin is part of the game, but like someone posted in the game thread, it's nothing personal nor anything you let spill over after the game. But they were also right when they said it takes a thicker skin to play mafia.

Anyway, don't take what people say In mafia so seriously, and I'm sorry if you felt personally attacked or offensed.

#20 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

Fener:

Fener, on 29 June 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 29 June 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

You are a roleless innocent. The only power you have is the lynch, so be certain to use it wisely!

Greetings sir. Thank you for the role assignment, should make the learning curve gentler. Cheers

Cheers

Fener, on 29 June 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

Just to confirm

One is a virologist who can cure the disease, but will he be able to find the infected members of your crew before the disease spreads to a new host? And what's worse, some of you have gone off the tracks, as they say, and feel that the only way to assure the disease does not spread to them is to kill everyone else. One person secretly sympathises with their cause, while one person actively works to stop them from winnowing their numbers more.

There are 14 individuals playing the game
1 is trying to kill the diseased one/s
the diseased one can spread the infection to a player, killing the player? or does said player turn into a plague carrier?
some portion of the group wants to kill everyone but stay alive themselves
one person secretle sympathises, does that mean the rest have to be open about it? kinda confused as to the implications of that.
one person works to stop the masses from achieving this goal of killing everyone.

And my being a roleless inoccent, im assuming my job is to kill the people trying to kill everyone?

Path-Shaper, on 29 June 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

Fener, on 29 June 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

Just to confirm

One is a virologist who can cure the disease, but will he be able to find the infected members of your crew before the disease spreads to a new host? And what's worse, some of you have gone off the tracks, as they say, and feel that the only way to assure the disease does not spread to them is to kill everyone else. One person secretly sympathises with their cause, while one person actively works to stop them from winnowing their numbers more.

There are 14 individuals playing the game
1 is trying to kill the diseased one/s
the diseased one can spread the infection to a player, killing the player? or does said player turn into a plague carrier?

This is vague on purpose - it's something you'll have to discuss with people on thread. Me giving you additional information in here would not be fair unless I posted the same information on thread.

However - the rest of the stuff is pretty clear for anyone who has played a few games of Mafia, so I'll give you some information:

some portion of the group wants to kill everyone but stay alive themselves

This means that there are killers in the game. Generally in Mafia, there are killers (or scum) and town (i.e. roleless innocents and roled townies such as healers, finders, guards, vigilantes - you can read the Mafia 101 thread for more information on these types of roles)

one person secretle sympathises, does that mean the rest have to be open about it?
kinda confused as to the implications of that.

Another regular role in a town vs. scum game is the symp (aka sympathiser). The way the symp role works is that the person in the role knows who the killer(s) are, but they don't know who he is. The symp will thus work to lead the thread towards lynching members of town instead of lynching a killer. When the symp dies, he will CF as a member of town rather than scum. So no one ever really knows that they're actually working for the killers rather than town.

one person works to stop the masses from achieving this goal of killing everyone.

And my being a roleless inoccent, im assuming my job is to kill the people trying to kill everyone?

Roleless innocent is the quintessential town role. It means that you have only the lynch to help you kill off scum. Your job, then, is to try to lynch the killer(s), the symp (even though you won't know for sure if you have until after the game is finished) and, in this case, the disease.

People vote to lynch during the day cycle, it takes half+1 living members on thread voting for one person to lynch them. The night cycle is when actions like the killer(s) kill action, the roled town's actions (heals, guards, finds, vigs, etc.), and any other roled actions usually take place. There are some games where people with roles can have day actions, but you see those a lot less than night actions.

Hope that helps, don't hesitate to ask any more questions!

Path-Shaper, on 29 June 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

You should also know that it's important to post on thread - we modkill anyone who hasn't posted for the equivalent of a full day cycle - so in this game, you have to post at least once in every 36 hours, though it's recommended that you post more often than that, as that's kind of the point of the game.

Fener, on 29 June 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

Path-Shaper, on 29 June 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

You should also know that it's important to post on thread - we modkill anyone who hasn't posted for the equivalent of a full day cycle - so in this game, you have to post at least once in every 36 hours, though it's recommended that you post more often than that, as that's kind of the point of the game.

but not too much as that'd also attract suspicion :ermm:

Thanks for answering my questions man, should be a good time.

Path-Shaper, on 30 June 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

Fener, on 30 June 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

double post, disregard

Just a quick note - it's best practice never to edit a post, even if it's to delete a double-post. If something like that happens, whoever is running the PS alt can delete one of the posts if you ask.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users