• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Outlander Starz show

#41 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostSexy Gumbo, on 13 July 2016 - 02:08 AM, said:

Yep, I ll juggle with it and geter done.

I was a bit shocked and pleased at the same when I started Prologue. Reminded me of S1 Ep 9 if ya know what I mean...

Me too. The Jaime-centric chapter that followed was great though. I wasn't expecting that.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#42 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:36 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 July 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

View PostSexy Gumbo, on 13 July 2016 - 02:08 AM, said:

Yep, I ll juggle with it and geter done.

I was a bit shocked and pleased at the same when I started Prologue. Reminded me of S1 Ep 9 if ya know what I mean...

Me too. The Jaime-centric chapter that followed was great though. I wasn't expecting that.

I enjoyed the finale quite a bit, although, as I stated earlier, I can no longer recall where I stopped reading the books. I don't recall reading Brianna going back through the stones but I have a distinct memory of the description of Jamie 20 years later. (I think it was Claire's POV but I can't be certain.) Hope I'm not spoiling anything for you guys. Anyway, I liked the Brianna and Roger characters and I didn't think Brianna's reaction to the "secret" was too overdone. We fly into rages pretty easily in our late teens/early 20s, do we not? At least I did! Black Jack destroying his dead brother's face was quite shocking and unexpected. I do get the fury at his brother "forcing" his hand in the marriage to Mary but that seemed a bit too horrible and sacrilegious to me. More understandable if he'd gone and gotten drunk and destroyed the whole common room or something. Next season should be interesting since I know it'll all or mostly be beyond wherever I read to.

I'm really tempted to pick up these books again but I can't find the time to get on with my 1st Malazan re-read, which I was GREATLY anticipating. So I think Outlander has no shot. I'll settle for the show. And that way I won't care what doesn't stay in line with the books. I'll just observe QT and BK (SG!) discuss it!

BTW: Thank heaven we are DONE with the Bonnie (bumbling) Prince. I was ready to go through the stones 3 eps ago and murder him before Culloden myself with his "Mark me" this, "Mark me" that! Idiot!

#43 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:15 PM

The mark me thing was intentionally annoying! Lol!

Also, I love the little joke with Claire at th Culloden historical museum and her sneering at Charlie's wax version and saying "he wasn't that tall".

Also, re: the face mashing...I kind of took that more like Black Jack can seemingly only deal with his emotions if they are violent. So he's sad at his brothers passing, upset about marrying Mary...and his reaction is to bash his brothers compose in.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#44 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:06 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 13 July 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

Also, I love the little joke with Claire at th Culloden historical museum and her sneering at Charlie's wax version and saying "he wasn't that tall".

Also, re: the face mashing...I kind of took that more like Black Jack can seemingly only deal with his emotions if they are violent. So he's sad at his brothers passing, upset about marrying Mary...and his reaction is to bash his brothers compose in.

Yes, that was a nice dig at the Culloden museum. My wife and I visited Culloden when we went to Scotland in '99. We both thought that there is something in the air there...something you can almost tangibly feel. It's one thing to read the history of what happened there but its quite another to stand on that field and see all those clan cairns marking the mass graves. It was the first place we visited that day and we got there before mid-morning. There was still a bit mist hanging around the battlefield. Quite the experience.

While BK-SG thought Claire +20 was quite "appealing" (Lol!) I thought they should've aged her a LITTLE more than that. I mean, aside from a '60s hairstyle and a TOUCH of gray, she seemed virtually unchanged. I get QT's point about what's to come but... Not a huge deal though.

#45 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

300 pges in already. Easily the best book of the series so far. SO GOOD!

#46 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:07 PM

Casting for season 3

Spoiler

#47 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostHigh Geek of Crawfish, on 04 October 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

I haven't gotten to 2nd name yet.

You will soon I expect.

#48 User is offline   Gabriele 

• High Fist
  • Interests:History, Archaeology, Photogrpahy, Writing, Opera, Traveling, Riding, Languages

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

View Postparan falcon, on 14 July 2016 - 12:06 AM, said:

Yes, that was a nice dig at the Culloden museum. My wife and I visited Culloden when we went to Scotland in '99. We both thought that there is something in the air there...something you can almost tangibly feel. It's one thing to read the history of what happened there but its quite another to stand on that field and see all those clan cairns marking the mass graves. It was the first place we visited that day and we got there before mid-morning. There was still a bit mist hanging around the battlefield. Quite the experience.

Yes, Culloden is special. I went there in 1998, on a dreary day - and really, a sunny one won't fit - and felt strangely moved.

In 2013 I went to the nearby Clava Cairns on a sunny day. But I stayed well out of the broken one. As I did in the Ring of Brodgar a few days earlier. :p

#49 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

View PostGabriele, on 19 October 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

Yes, Culloden is special. I went there in 1998, on a dreary day - and really, a sunny one won't fit - and felt strangely moved.

In 2013 I went to the nearby Clava Cairns on a sunny day. But I stayed well out of the broken one. As I did in the Ring of Brodgar a few days earlier. :p

I didn't make it there last time I was in Scotland (2009)...but the next time we go I will make very sure to visit it.

#50 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostBriar King, on 17 April 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

Bump. Trailer hit today before White Princess but it's not yet up on YouTube. I ll link when it is. I'm really excited for this season.

Yeah, this season should be EP-IC. The book it's based on is easily my fave of the lot so far!

EDIT: It's friggin weird...Starz has pulled any YouTube uploads of the trailer on copyright grounds...I wonder if they just want to make sure the eventual uploads are the highest def?

Anyways, not up yet.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 17 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

#51 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

Here it is.

#52 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

Any of you monkey spankers going to watch it tonight? I personally don't watch it myself but enjoy the postings of those who do.

#53 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

I expect both BK and I will be watching. Better show than GoT.

#54 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

View PostGabriele, on 19 October 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

In 2013 I went to the nearby Clava Cairns on a sunny day. But I stayed well out of the broken one. As I did in the Ring of Brodgar a few days earlier. :D

We went to Clava Cairns that same trip and were there for a solar eclipse, of all things. We Watched all the "hieland coos" lie down because they thought it was night. Another surreal experience.

#55 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:19 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 10 September 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

Not sure we'll get to see it tonight as we are currently awaiting Hurricane Irma's arrival and will likely lose power before then. Posted Image

#56 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

View PostHoney Cups, on 10 September 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postparan falcon, on 10 September 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Not sure we'll get to see it tonight as we are currently awaiting Hurricane Irma's arrival and will likely lose power before then. Posted Image

Sadly BK won't be watching it either and BK is furious at the loss of STARZ and all the many shows BK used to watch.

This is the season I was really looking foward to also. Bk 3 was so fucking good.. I wish my PS4 would get STARZ.

Fuckity fuck a duck.

PF....duck

We're as ready as we can be; the house is shuttered up tight, generator ready for when its gone by us. The waiting for it to just get here and get by is the worst.

#57 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

View PostHoney Cups, on 10 September 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

View Postparan falcon, on 10 September 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Sadly BK won't be watching it either and BK is furious at the loss of STARZ and all the many shows BK used to watch.

This is the season I was really looking foward to also. Bk 3 was so fucking good.. I wish my PS4 would get STARZ.

Fuckity fuck a duck.

PF....duck

You can grab a seasons pass on iTunes, and watch tomorrow no?

#58 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:02 PM

View PostHoney Cups, on 10 September 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

Hell if I know. Can that be watched on any smart tv? Not to keen on a iPhone watch only.

Unsure. Starz has an app tho....so maybe through there on PS4?

#59 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

View PostHoney Cups, on 10 September 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

I ll look again. I couldn't get it when I 1st lost everything.

Power was playing then for S4. Ugh so pissed at that time.

Hopefully you can man!

#60 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:43 AM

Great opener episode...almost scene for scene the book 3 opening!

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users