Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A few things I need cleared up...

#1 User is offline   BellaGrace 

• Witness
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:13 PM

I've finished OST - and finally ICE writes a book that I actually liked. For me it was definitely the best of his books. I agree with many of the complaints that people have had about the book - especially about the ending being rushed and parts of it were stupid - like Caladan Brook on the sidelines the entire book and those two idiots shooting the Tyrant with the Dragnipur arrows (I find it more likely they would have accidentally shot themselves with them). Regardless of that, I really liked the book. Although it didn't have the emotional depth that SE's books have.

Anyway - I"m left witha couple questions -

1. In the epilogue Rallick and Vorcan are reunited and she says to him "So tell me, how did he escape us? What was his last trick?" and Rallick kinda of sighs and doesn't have an answer - I have no idea who they are talking about.

2. What was Tayschrenn doing in K'rull's cellar - I guess he's an ascendant now? Is what happened covered in the next book?

3. Who are the Hulls that join up with Antsy and end up in Darujhistan? Other than being friends with Fisher? Is it explained in future books?

4. Chaur comes back to life because the schlar gets put in the Finest house instead - do I have that right? That seems pretty lame as we already know more than one "dead" person can be in that house at the same time.
I, a universe of atoms, an atom in the universe.
Richard P. Feynman

#2 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

1) She's talking about Ebbin/The Tyrant most likely. Minor candidates are Kruppe (Circle Breaker) and Aman (dealt with by Kruppe/Scorch&Leff).
2) Yes, he's an Ascendant, and particularly aligned with K'rul. It's unclear what the implications are. Perhaps a replacement for a weary/retiring god?
3) Yes, this is RAFO.
4) Chaur was never dead, always unconscious. The "exchange" isn't actually relevant and just seems like banter, more or less.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#3 User is offline   Soleturn 

• Recruit

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

2. The way I read it, it seems as though Tayschrenn has finally realized what his true contribution can be to the worlds. He takes on the name "T'renn," which, in my opinion, suggest he's looking to learn from K'rul in order to later take his place.

This post has been edited by Soleturn: 03 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

#4 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:34 PM

T'renn is K'rul in just a different form. He was bathing in the Vitr for gods sake.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users