Malazan Empire: Was this really the Assail we were looking for? - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +

Was this really the Assail we were looking for?

#21 User is offline   Mentho 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:11 PM

One important difference between the FA in tCG and Assails is, well, tCG. Could it be, perhaps, that the reason the FA in tCG were so powerful and kinda nuts is because they were poisoned by trying to symphony power from/prolonged exposure to part of him?

#22 User is offline   Amby Bole 

• Recruit

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

Mentho, on 01 August 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

One important difference between the FA in tCG and Assails is, well, tCG. Could it be, perhaps, that the reason the FA in tCG were so powerful and kinda nuts is because they were poisoned by trying to symphony power from/prolonged exposure to part of him?

More likely they were going nuts for trying to unveil their warren ( sealed ) with so many of them. Those are blood rituals and we know for a fact that for a jaghut or a Tiste to fully unveil their warren needs tons of blood ( even dying ) or hugh numbers, like in black coral with all the Andii working togheter ( Kallor also explained it )

The hive on Assail was probably a big one, as to how they gave that sword of bones to Jhetiss, well its probably something they did with their magic, if they can force you into their will, why can't they force just a part of you?
Lets not forget that the FA nearly exterminated the K'chains and nobody ever told us were the rest of them were living. I don't think 10-20 of them can manage such a feat so its pretty clear that their number is bigger than we saw in TCG

#23 User is offline   Keysi 

• Fist

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

I just finished Assail too and gotta say I'm a bit....underwhelmed. Luckily I was never waiting around a decade for this finale.

Onwards to The Forge of Darkness!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users