Malazan Empire: Interested in the new Star Wars Universe books - Malazan Empire

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Interested in the new Star Wars Universe books

#41 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:30 PM

Finished AHSOKA by E.K. Johnston, and it was really excellent. Johnston is a welcome addition to the SW universe. Her prose is wonderful. Simple and precise. She found Ahsoka's voice REALLY easily, and I had zero issues seeing the Ahsoka we know from TCW and REBELS in how she's presented here. There are little interludes that fill in other gaps, some of which feature Ahsoka, and some of which feature others from her past like Obi-Wan and Anakin. The most major thing here is you find out how Ahsoka loses her old Jedi lightsabers, and where/how she gets the new white ones. It's a nice transitional book from Ahsoka-post-CloneWars to Ahsoka-becomes-Fulcrum, with a pretty awesome little standalone story. Also, you meet another Inquisitor, The Sixth Brother.

Anyways, Ahsoka fans, this was an excellent addition to canon, and I'd be happy to pick up any further books written by Johnston.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#42 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

I finished Thrawn this morning. I'd give it 4/5. I had no problems with the majority of the book, and the fleshing out of the Grand Admiral was very welcome, but I found myself dreading every time that the other storyline involving Arihnda Pryce come to the forefront. You may recognize the name from Rebels.

Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users