Malazan Empire: Some things I didn't like/get about this book.(SPOILERS Beware) - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some things I didn't like/get about this book.(SPOILERS Beware)

#21 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:24 AM

A lot of the traumatic emotions come from traumatic memories. The wax-witch by blocking them, protected her.

Crokus is an idiot. You will find a forum consensus on this. As for the romance, its a Crokus thing. The D'arle incident is a good clue. He tends to jump into a lot of things and make snap decisions. (Almost always stupid decisions)

#22 User is offline   Archibald 

• Recruit

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:07 PM

Finished Deadhouse Gates last night, to anyone else unimpressed and left scratching their head over the first book, definitely don't quit. The second book is phenomenal.

None of the gripes I had about Gardens of the Moon roll over.

#23 User is offline   Kanese S's 

• TMI Frigate Bird of Low House PEN
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostKeysi, on 26 February 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Yea I get what you mean about Paran being the impressionable one, it was he who said( or thought to himself) that he loved her, not the other way around, IIRC.

With the Bridgeburners planting bombs though, as much as I love the shades of gray morality in this type of thing, I'm finding it hard to see what's gray exactly about what they are up to. Planting roadsides bombs that will undoubtedly kill civilians isn't exactly a gray area, especially since they are still doing it on behalf of the Empire, who are only being painted as the bad guys at this stage. I know WJ knows about Dujek's plan to rebel and all that but still, inn this day and age with all the terrorism going on it's hard to sympathize with them on this one, just seems strange because it's pretty obvious that Erikson does want s to root and even fall in love with the BBs.Its not a massive issue it just seems a strange way to go about it in the first book I guess.

War sucks and the idea that civilians shouldn't die in it is relatively recent. Most RL ancient empires did much, much worse.
Laseen did nothing wrong.

I demand Telorast & Curdle plushies.

#24 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:38 PM

Yeah. The Romans gave us bloody January. Depressing bleeding month.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users