Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

T'Amber question (end of book spoiler?)

#1 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

When does T'amber get "used" by the Eres'al? Is it for the entire trip with the bonehunters or just in that last run through thre city?

#2 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

Blanking on this, so I am going to guess..... the Eres'al proably manifested first after Y'Ghatan? it was definitely there on the sea trip to Malaz. If I had to pick a time, I will say sea trip, though I am probably wrong.

#3 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:31 PM

I know she helped the QB and all against the Edur but i thought that was basically through bottle. I just dont know if she had T'amber from the very beginning, took her over during that little magic show, or was just there for the finale in the city.

#4 User is online   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

T'Amber was already there at the start of Deadhouse Gates (she shows up alongside Tavore when Felisin, Heboric and Baudin walk through the streets to the prisoner ship headed for the Otataral mines).

Oh wait, that wasn't what you asked, was it?

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 18 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#5 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

It could be she was under her control from the moment we see her. I just don't recall if there was something I missed. I don't ever see much about tamer and she was a beast that night.

#6 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

Two possibilities....

She was with T'amber at least since Tavore became Adjunct; or she started travelling with Tamber after the confrontation with the Edur fleet.

Given Tavore's complete lack of surprise at Tamber's resilience during the run through the city and the Eres'al's appearance at the end, i lean towards the longer option.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#7 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:14 AM

On a reread I thought she was there from the start. Most of the "elder" entities have an apostrophe after their first letter, D'rek, T'riss, K'rul etc. it might be a bit of a tenuous link but that was my theory. In one of the video interviews with SE on YouTube someone asks him a question about how the apostrophes are supposed to be pronounced and he replied that the apostrophe is used to denote something In the past, when referring to Imass, so it could probably work for Eres'al (apostrophe again). For the rest it's just a glottal stop, but once you see how many "past" things have the apostrophe in them it makes me think it was deliberate.

#8 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

Wolfdrop, on 19 February 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

On a reread I thought she was there from the start. Most of the "elder" entities have an apostrophe after their first letter, D'rek, T'riss, K'rul etc. it might be a bit of a tenuous link but that was my theory. In one of the video interviews with SE on YouTube someone asks him a question about how the apostrophes are supposed to be pronounced and he replied that the apostrophe is used to denote something In the past, when referring to Imass, so it could probably work for Eres'al (apostrophe again). For the rest it's just a glottal stop, but once you see how many "past" things have the apostrophe in them it makes me think it was deliberate.

didn't even think of that at all. Makes some sense though.

#9 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:39 PM

Just her name, T'amber, is evidence of their relationship with all the savannah, grassland-like symbolism of the Eres'al. It couldn't have happened until the blessing of the Nerek in MT reawakened her though. So somewhere starting there, I would believe. hell, she could even be Nerek, which would explain
Spoiler
. The Eres'al's relationship with the Nerek could also explain why she took an active role against the Edur.

Ah, the never-ending webbed tapestry of threads....

This post has been edited by Spoilsport Stonny: 20 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#10 User is offline   theocean 

• High Fist

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:50 PM

It is stated though that Tavore wasnt aware of the "possesion" right, Grub tells Yil that she can never tell her, correct?

#11 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

That was the Sha'ik possession. Not the T'Amber possession.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users