Malazan RPG I've been GMing a Malazan based RPG doing OK i think

#21 User is offline   Lord of Hate 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

Nicodimas, on 23 January 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

Gorefest, on 23 January 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

Nicodimas, on 23 January 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

Do you know what would be so much fun a group of folks who had done several re-reads on Malaza Universe...playing a RPG together.

I really think the game would stay on track and get accomplished in a good amount of time..i think.

What's the point in that? Then you are just reenacting the books. Surely the whole point of RPG is carving your own free path within the world boundaries.

Oh I think our games get about 30 minutes of stuff done and random bullshit is what I meant. They get off-topic WAY to much lately!
/annoying

I meant people could also get really into their characters and possess/make it your own world. They would be more into that idea, cause they have history at their tips and would be willing to move forward with their own agendas :p They wouldn't need to go to a book each time to view specific class/race/ability..everyone would know! That type of stuff in the greater understanding.

Had to clarify as I didn't mean re-enacting the books, more like staying on topic as everyone would be into the said game, more motivation?.

Think that makes sense.

If anything as i have found it can make it harder for them to role play as they know too much and it affects their characters decisions. while people who haven't read the books role play well not knowing what things will do what just like the average person in wu does.

But i do understand what you mean now. the way around that of checking things is that i make them have ignorant characters, i don't like the class system for a malaz game so there is very little stopping you from being a full plate, sword swinging mage.

Also forcing every one to be human helps alot with only few different charactersitics like an extra joint in their fingers, an second set of lungs, white skin that doesn't get sunburnt quirks and such to make the character a bit more interesting. I love the way when you start as a boring character and they slowly become interesting and or insane, example the Gral tribesman whos horse bit his face off when he insulted it who believes the people he kill will reanimate and strangle him in his sleep so he cuts off the hands of his kills and destroys them when he can, he also self-mutilates, has a craving for human flesh, horrific nightmares and delusions of righteousness, started of pretty normal.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users