• You cannot reply to this topic

Dresden 3 (or 4) the game thread!

#161 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 13 January 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

View PostVenesara, on 13 January 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

I'm here, checking in at last. What's the score?

I have all the points.

ALL. THE. POINTS.

Are they good points?

#162 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 13 January 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on 13 January 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

View PostTulas Shorn, on 13 January 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on 13 January 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

A timer count would be nice. I don't know if we should try to lynch a random day 1 target or (supposedly ) waste a lynch on one of the queens. Pow!

That's just about the dumbest thing I've read so far in this thread. Why are you trying to have us waste a lynch? It's made very clear in the OP that the queens can't be lynched until their shields are dead.

View PostPath-Shaper, on 12 January 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

The two of them have mechanics in play, in which if they order you to speak a certain way (and their order is both bolded and underlined), you have to speak that way for the rest of the day. The two of them are unable to be hung/killed until their bodyguards are gone. You may, of course, attempt to test this at any time. A lynch on either counts as your daily lynch, so long as you have the correct number (half +1), regardless if the target is lynched or not.

I seriously doubt that it is the dumbest thing you have read so far in this thread. It probably isn't even the dumbest thing I have posted on the thread. Right there are showing to us all that you haven't read the thread.

In the op it says that we can test the queen ability to not be lynched. Which if your going to test it day 1 isn't a bad time to do so. I have no feel for any player, and I doubt that anyone else does either. pow!

Fucking idiocy.

PS says the queens are unlynchable - he's fucking trolling us when he says we can go ahead and test if we want. Why the fuck would we waste a perfectly good lynch on someone PS has said is unlynchable?

What if they aren't unlynchable yet? Ahhhhh the mind she is blown. You know like how the summer queen blows you. Pow!

#163 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostTennes, on 13 January 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

View PostTulas Shorn, on 13 January 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on 13 January 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

View PostTulas Shorn, on 13 January 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on 13 January 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

A timer count would be nice. I don't know if we should try to lynch a random day 1 target or (supposedly ) waste a lynch on one of the queens. Pow!

That's just about the dumbest thing I've read so far in this thread. Why are you trying to have us waste a lynch? It's made very clear in the OP that the queens can't be lynched until their shields are dead.

View PostPath-Shaper, on 12 January 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

The two of them have mechanics in play, in which if they order you to speak a certain way (and their order is both bolded and underlined), you have to speak that way for the rest of the day. The two of them are unable to be hung/killed until their bodyguards are gone. You may, of course, attempt to test this at any time. A lynch on either counts as your daily lynch, so long as you have the correct number (half +1), regardless if the target is lynched or not.

I seriously doubt that it is the dumbest thing you have read so far in this thread. It probably isn't even the dumbest thing I have posted on the thread. Right there are showing to us all that you haven't read the thread.

In the op it says that we can test the queen ability to not be lynched. Which if your going to test it day 1 isn't a bad time to do so. I have no feel for any player, and I doubt that anyone else does either. pow!

Fucking idiocy.

PS says the queens are unlynchable - he's fucking trolling us when he says we can go ahead and test if we want. Why the fuck would we waste a perfectly good lynch on someone PS has said is unlynchable?

What if they aren't unlynchable yet? Ahhhhh the mind she is blown. You know like how the summer queen blows you. Pow!

Deliberate obtuseness is so frustrating.

The two of them are unable to be hung/killed until their bodyguards are gone.

Seems pretty clear to me.

vote Tennes

For not only having the gall to insinuate the idea that it's okay to waste a lynch, but to continue defending that point with ridiculous assertions.

#164 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostVenesara, on 13 January 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

View PostTulas Shorn, on 13 January 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

View PostVenesara, on 13 January 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

I'm here, checking in at last. What's the score?

I have all the points.

ALL. THE. POINTS.

Are they good points?

Alas, no... :(

#165 User is offline   Omtose 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

Finally got some time.

So regarding all this talk about lynching the queens:

The two of them are unable to be hung/killed until their bodyguards are gone. You may, of course, attempt to test this at any time. A lynch on either counts as your daily lynch, so long as you have the correct number (half +1), regardless if the target is lynched or not.

Clearly their bodyguards need to be done away with first. Clearly the 'test' mentioned means a mid-game test to see if we have lynched the bodyguards by then or not. A test makes no sense on the first day. Lynching them like this does enable us to get a token lynch but that seems to make no sense. A better idea as Mockra says upthread is to consider why both Queens are assigning random stuff to some people.

#166 User is offline   Spite 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

View PostOmtose, on 13 January 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

Finally got some time.

The two of them are unable to be hung/killed until their bodyguards are gone. You may, of course, attempt to test this at any time. A lynch on either counts as your daily lynch, so long as you have the correct number (half +1), regardless if the target is lynched or not.

Clearly their bodyguards need to be done away with first. Clearly the 'test' mentioned means a mid-game test to see if we have lynched the bodyguards by then or not. A test makes no sense on the first day. Lynching them like this does enable us to get a token lynch but that seems to make no sense. A better idea as Mockra says upthread is to consider why both Queens are assigning random stuff to some people.

I also think this is a very very valid point with assigning stuff to certain people, why not all people in thread. Is this limited, or are they the queen's doing this on purpose to certain specific targets. Is there something at play here that we don't quite understand, some greater truth. We should investigate this point for certain.

#167 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 13 January 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

vote Tennes

For not only having the gall to insinuate the idea that it's okay to waste a lynch, but to continue defending that point with ridiculous assertions.

What ever. You seem to be to far up your own ass to think out side of the box. I thinking why would the queens need changlings to choose a side? I mean if it is a straight forward 2 person (tyrant steve game) with a included hunter-killer party. It got me wondering. Well since today is day 1 and no changlings have made a choice yet. It would stand to reason that the queens are at there weakest. The queens have to get something other then a vote from the changlings. That got me to thinking. Tennes I said. I like to think in thirdperson alt. Tennes I said if you had designed the game as you have been known to do from time to time what would you have done to make the queens want to recruit. Well I Tennes I would have probably have done a couple of variations. From a 15 player minimum Tennes. Oh right. Oh right. Well lets take 2 queens out so now we have 13 players to play with.
Town has to have a majority. So if each queen starts with 2 players as shields then that removes 6players from the 15 leaving us with 9 players. Then because the fbi needs to have something to couteract the queens unlynchabilty. So say 3 players for them. So now you have 6 players as town...hmmmm Possibly Tennes but that isn't a lot to swing a majority. I mean the fbi isn't going to want to vote with a queen that has changling recruits. You have to figure that there are finders and players with various abilities on there team. That is a good point Tennes. If one queen had 2 recruits then she would have a 5 person faction while town would be 4 the other queen would still be at 3 and then the fbi. That is a long and painful game.

Wait Tennes what if you increased the town size to say 10. Take away the day 1 body guards. Well that would just be stupid Tennes. I know but what if we put in language in the op. Oh you mean something like they can't be lynched but feel free to try. Something along those lines. Yeah something like that. Well tennes how would the queens keep from getting lynched. Say each new changling who commits to one side or another they become the bodyguards.... So then the FBI would have a harder time narrowing down the body guards, well yeah. But the queens would be vunerable day 1. I don't like that Tennes. I wouldn't do it. I would put 1 bodyguard to start with and then have them increase as changlings choose sides. Hmmm.. I don't know Tennes. I could see it working either way. If you take Malaz mafia players into account. They can barely get a lynch done on a normal game. I think the queens would be fine on day one with out any body guards. Hmm tennes it is an idea. I mean if the queens where going to start off weak then day 1 would be when they would be vulnerable to a potential lynch. But wouldn't that break the game? Not necessarily Tennes. I would just make the other queen into a straight tyrant steve scenario. Pow!

#168 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostOmtose, on 13 January 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

Finally got some time.

You never played with a tyrant steve character did you? Go and find the town and read up. They get to straight up fuck with people. Pow!

#169 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

Any way that is just a thought. It is much more likely to have to eliminate the guards to lynch a queen and each recruit/changling choosing is granted actions upon becoming a sidhe. Then the fbi has a finder that can see sidhe or perhaps two and are busy looking for sidhe to either be lynched or to kill.

#170 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

View PostTennes, on 13 January 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

Any way that is just a thought. It is much more likely to have to eliminate the guards to lynch a queen and each recruit/changling choosing is granted actions upon becoming a sidhe. Then the fbi has a finder that can see sidhe or perhaps two and are busy looking for sidhe to either be lynched or to kill.

Pow!

#171 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostTennes, on 13 January 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

vote Tennes

What ever. You seem to be to far up your own ass to think out side of the box. I thinking why would the queens need changlings to choose a side? I mean if it is a straight forward 2 person (tyrant steve game) with a included hunter-killer party. It got me wondering. Well since today is day 1 and no changlings have made a choice yet. It would stand to reason that the queens are at there weakest. The queens have to get something other then a vote from the changlings. That got me to thinking. Tennes I said. I like to think in thirdperson alt. Tennes I said if you had designed the game as you have been known to do from time to time what would you have done to make the queens want to recruit. Well I Tennes I would have probably have done a couple of variations. From a 15 player minimum Tennes. Oh right. Oh right. Well lets take 2 queens out so now we have 13 players to play with.
Town has to have a majority. So if each queen starts with 2 players as shields then that removes 6players from the 15 leaving us with 9 players. Then because the fbi needs to have something to couteract the queens unlynchabilty. So say 3 players for them. So now you have 6 players as town...hmmmm Possibly Tennes but that isn't a lot to swing a majority. I mean the fbi isn't going to want to vote with a queen that has changling recruits. You have to figure that there are finders and players with various abilities on there team. That is a good point Tennes. If one queen had 2 recruits then she would have a 5 person faction while town would be 4 the other queen would still be at 3 and then the fbi. That is a long and painful game.

Wait Tennes what if you increased the town size to say 10. Take away the day 1 body guards. Well that would just be stupid Tennes. I know but what if we put in language in the op. Oh you mean something like they can't be lynched but feel free to try. Something along those lines. Yeah something like that. Well tennes how would the queens keep from getting lynched. Say each new changling who commits to one side or another they become the bodyguards.... So then the FBI would have a harder time narrowing down the body guards, well yeah. But the queens would be vunerable day 1. I don't like that Tennes. I wouldn't do it. I would put 1 bodyguard to start with and then have them increase as changlings choose sides. Hmmm.. I don't know Tennes. I could see it working either way. If you take Malaz mafia players into account. They can barely get a lynch done on a normal game. I think the queens would be fine on day one with out any body guards. Hmm tennes it is an idea. I mean if the queens where going to start off weak then day 1 would be when they would be vulnerable to a potential lynch. But wouldn't that break the game? Not necessarily Tennes. I would just make the other queen into a straight tyrant steve scenario. Pow!

Sure, you go on your convoluted train of convolutedness, I'll stick here, firmly in reality and making sense.

Another point I feel should be made is that I've played in a couple of Obdi's Dresden games, and am pretty confident that when Obdi says the queens are unkillable until the bodyguards are gone, then the queens are unkillable until the bodyguards are gone.

No one is dead yet, thus, the bodyguards can't be gone. Ergo, the queens are unkillable at the moment.

#172 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 13 January 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostTennes, on 13 January 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

vote Tennes

Sure, you go on your convoluted train of convolutedness, I'll stick here, firmly in reality and making sense.

Another point I feel should be made is that I've played in a couple of Obdi's Dresden games, and am pretty confident that when Obdi says the queens are unkillable until the bodyguards are gone, then the queens are unkillable until the bodyguards are gone.

No one is dead yet, thus, the bodyguards can't be gone. Ergo, the queens are unkillable at the moment.

far enough. I don't know any more then you at this point. pow!

Vote Tennes

#173 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

I am as good of a lynch as Tellen at this point. pow!

#174 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:51 PM

View PostRikkter, on 13 January 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

Finally, my reasoning for voting Tellan is in the second quote you posted, so I'm not sure what you mean by wanting to vote Tellan again. You're welcome to disagree with me, of course, but I found nothing useful from Tellan's fishing, and I found the sections about women in particular gross and misogynistic, and I was bored of the conversation, so I started a new one.

"So don't become some background noise"

Hey now kiwi. If you actually read I think you'd find that the sections about 'women in particular' were not started by me. You want to lynch me fine. But I refuse to stand by silently while I'm lynched because you didn't read the thread accurately.

#175 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostTellan, on 13 January 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 13 January 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

Finally, my reasoning for voting Tellan is in the second quote you posted, so I'm not sure what you mean by wanting to vote Tellan again. You're welcome to disagree with me, of course, but I found nothing useful from Tellan's fishing, and I found the sections about women in particular gross and misogynistic, and I was bored of the conversation, so I started a new one.

"So don't become some background noise"

Hey now kiwi. If you actually read I think you'd find that the sections about 'women in particular' were not started by me. You want to lynch me fine. But I refuse to stand by silently while I'm lynched because you didn't read the thread accurately.

Jesus christ you asshole, I'm not saying that you started it, or that that is the reason I'm lynching you. I think you need to do some thread reading of your own.

#176 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:32 PM

"I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?
Thunderbolt and lightning,
Very, very frightening me."

Such hostility. Your words are hurtful and not respectful to our lord and savior.

I'm so glad you changed the conversation. We're finding some of those stress points that usually don't show up until day 3 or 4.

#177 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

Hostility? In Mafia? Perish the thought!

#178 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

"Hey I was just a skinny lad
Never knew no good from bad"

One last bit of misogyny. Just for you Rikki.

Summer, you show imagination. Winter, you show.. well, hostility.

Tellan, you bring up an issue that is intriguing to me. You really think that they're vulnerable today or are you just splashing words around for the hell of it?

#179 User is offline   Pallid 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostTellan, on 13 January 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

Tellan, you bring up an issue that is intriguing to me. You really think that they're vulnerable today or are you just splashing words around for the hell of it?

Ummm. Wat?
I appreciate the compliment part, but that last paragraph... I'm getting all kinds of funny suspicions now.

#180 User is offline   Tellan 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostPallid, on 13 January 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

View PostTellan, on 13 January 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

Ummm. Wat?
I appreciate the compliment part, but that last paragraph... I'm getting all kinds of funny suspicions now.

'Ev'ry night and day I go crazy"

yeah, that should be addressed to Tennes.

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

32 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users