• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dresden 3 (or 4) the game thread!

#141 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:38 AM

View PostMockra, on 13 January 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

So, I don't like a Tellan lynch today. Rikkter, otoh, has been very fishy since they resurfaced.

Can you explain this?

#142 User is offline   Mockra 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostRikkter, on 12 January 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

I think Tiam's trying to tell us that we should be thinking about lynch targets.

Trying to rush a lynch with more than 24 hours left.

View PostRikkter, on 12 January 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

Wait, guess not. Those pictures looked like timers from my phone.In any case, this is a thing we should be thinking about, day one lynches being notoriously difficult to get.I'm leaning towards Tellan, personally. Clearly a mercenary, not currently allied with anyone. Does anyone else have thoughts? Because as entertaining (or not) as you find this conversation, it isn't getting us anywhere.

Not very clear to me. Also, why should the majority of the thread go after mercenaries? Don't we want the shields?

View PostRikkter, on 13 January 2015 - 12:35 AM, said:

View PostTellan, on 13 January 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 13 January 2015 - 12:19 AM, said:

And we're unlikely to find out anything about changelings with you doing all the talking.
"Who wants to live forever,"You want to lynch the talkers?Vote Rikkter
Sure, if they're not talking anything useful. Vote Tellan

Wanting to lynch Tellan with no reason again. Who are you to say what they have said is useful or not?

#143 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostPallid, on 12 January 2015 - 11:28 PM, said:

View PostTellan, on 12 January 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

You've both got the wine, women, and song covered. That's desert.

What's the main course? Can't enjoy all that desert without some meat first.

Power, baby, power.

We gotta survive the choice after all.

What power?

I thought we've made it perfectly clear that this is a dictatorship. You merely bargain on the terms of your eternal indenture.

The difference being that I am an Enlightened Absolutist, whilst my murderous frigid counterpart is a Totalitarian maniac.

When the mortal world eventually embraces the Eternal Summer, I shall achieve perfection and I will no longer require to employ my servants as tools. Thus they will be free to live out their existences without the burdens of free will, free to experience the endless pleasures Summer has to offer.

Should by some cosmic folly Winter be the one to shatter the balance, the mortals will become mere pawns in a sadomasochistic dystopia, where the winter queen will make their existence endless torment out of sheer boredom.

Woah now, hold on a minute there. You had me with the women and music, you just lost me with that :(

#144 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

Can we get a timer/vote update please Obdi? We've not had one beyond game opening (at T-7 hours)

#145 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostTellan, on 12 January 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

Wait, guess not. Those pictures looked like timers from my phone.

In any case, this is a thing we should be thinking about, day one lynches being notoriously difficult to get.

I'm leaning towards Tellan, personally. Clearly a mercenary, not currently allied with anyone. Does anyone else have thoughts? Because as entertaining (or not) as you find this conversation, it isn't getting us anywhere.

"There's no time for us,"

There's no hurry Rikkter. Day doesn't end with the lynch.

And the conversation is getting us many places. For one it's letting us know that you don't like sex talk, don't read the OP, and aren't interested in finding out who the changleings might be.

Are you a shield or do you carry one?

Day doesn't end with the lynch. I still want a lynch at some point today, or this game is going to be long and boring. I'd like to use this tool, because it's the only one I have available to me.

And we're unlikely to find out anything about changelings with you doing all the talking.

You suggest Summer/Winter/Human gang up on the Changelings?

#146 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostTellan, on 12 January 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

Wait, guess not. Those pictures looked like timers from my phone.

In any case, this is a thing we should be thinking about, day one lynches being notoriously difficult to get.

I'm leaning towards Tellan, personally. Clearly a mercenary, not currently allied with anyone. Does anyone else have thoughts? Because as entertaining (or not) as you find this conversation, it isn't getting us anywhere.

"There's no time for us,"

There's no hurry Rikkter. Day doesn't end with the lynch.

And the conversation is getting us many places. For one it's letting us know that you don't like sex talk, don't read the OP, and aren't interested in finding out who the changleings might be.

Are you a shield or do you carry one?

Given that one of Mabs shields is likely <SPOILER FROM COLD DAYS ON>
Spoiler
then we have to ask where the dividing line between human and sidhe falls.

#147 User is offline   Rikkter 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostMockra, on 13 January 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

View PostRikkter, on 12 January 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

I think Tiam's trying to tell us that we should be thinking about lynch targets.

Trying to rush a lynch with more than 24 hours left.

Wait, guess not. Those pictures looked like timers from my phone.In any case, this is a thing we should be thinking about, day one lynches being notoriously difficult to get.I'm leaning towards Tellan, personally. Clearly a mercenary, not currently allied with anyone. Does anyone else have thoughts? Because as entertaining (or not) as you find this conversation, it isn't getting us anywhere.

Not very clear to me. Also, why should the majority of the thread go after mercenaries? Don't we want the shields?

View PostRikkter, on 13 January 2015 - 12:35 AM, said:

View PostTellan, on 13 January 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

"Who wants to live forever,"You want to lynch the talkers?Vote Rikkter
Sure, if they're not talking anything useful. Vote Tellan

Wanting to lynch Tellan with no reason again. Who are you to say what they have said is useful or not?

I'm not at all trying to rush a lynch, merely suggesting that this might be a thing we should think about. I'm interested in your terminology, first I'm "fishy", then I'm "rushing a lynch". The first one is vague, the second is unfounded, and it really looks to me like you're stretching to find something to attack me for.

The mercenary comment was because it looks to me like Tellan is out to get everything he can and he'll sell himself to the highest bidder. Clearly I've been watching too much Sleepy Hollow recently, that was badly worded and I apologise. However, this is essentially a faction game, and anyone looking to switch loyalties is suspicious to me. I agree that we should be looking for shields, but so far the only mention of shields is also in relation to Tellan.

Finally, my reasoning for voting Tellan is in the second quote you posted, so I'm not sure what you mean by wanting to vote Tellan again. You're welcome to disagree with me, of course, but I found nothing useful from Tellan's fishing, and I found the sections about women in particular gross and misogynistic, and I was bored of the conversation, so I started a new one.

#148 User is offline   Tiamatha 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:03 AM

Be warned, a shadowy government organization has taken interest in all the odd happenings in Chicago, and is in town investigating.

Attached File  nothing_to_see_here_20100310_1084872084.jpg (40.98K)
Number of downloads: 0

?

Vote Noone

#149 User is offline   Tholen 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

And Im back.....It seems things are beginning to heat up

#150 User is offline   Togg 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

I have returned from sort of not being here at all.

I agree that we need to find out why the queens are forcing these specific people to act differently. Would prefer to lynch one of them today to see what pops up. Tellan seems to be the best choice at the moment so

Vote Tellan

#151 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

What do you mean Tiam?

#152 User is offline   Korbas 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

Is it in our interest to lynch or not lynch?

Poor Tellan.

#153 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

A timer count would be nice. I don't know if we should try to lynch a random day 1 target or (supposedly ) waste a lynch on one of the queens. Pow!

#154 User is offline   Pallid 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

View PostTennes, on 13 January 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

A timer count would be nice. I don't know if we should try to lynch a random day 1 target or (supposedly ) waste a lynch on one of the queens. Pow!

Day 1 is 55 h, and we'll be hitting the 36h mark in 2.5 h

#155 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

It is Day 1. 21 hours and 28 minutes remaining.

There are 18 alive:
Alkend, Ampelas, Korbas, Korlat, Mockra, Rikkter, Omtose, Pallid, Silanah, Spite, Tellan, Tennes, Tholen, Tiamatha, Togg, Tulas Shorn, Ultama, Venesara

1 vote for Omtose (Silanah)
1 vote for Rikkter (Tellan)
3 votes for Tellan (Rikkter, Ampelas, Togg)

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#156 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

That's just about the dumbest thing I've read so far in this thread. Why are you trying to have us waste a lynch? It's made very clear in the OP that the queens can't be lynched until their shields are dead.

#157 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

View PostTulas Shorn, on 13 January 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

That's just about the dumbest thing I've read so far in this thread. Why are you trying to have us waste a lynch? It's made very clear in the OP that the queens can't be lynched until their shields are dead.

View PostPath-Shaper, on 12 January 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

The two of them have mechanics in play, in which if they order you to speak a certain way (and their order is both bolded and underlined), you have to speak that way for the rest of the day. The two of them are unable to be hung/killed until their bodyguards are gone. You may, of course, attempt to test this at any time. A lynch on either counts as your daily lynch, so long as you have the correct number (half +1), regardless if the target is lynched or not.

I seriously doubt that it is the dumbest thing you have read so far in this thread. It probably isn't even the dumbest thing I have posted on the thread. Right there are showing to us all that you haven't read the thread.

In the op it says that we can test the queen ability to not be lynched. Which if your going to test it day 1 isn't a bad time to do so. I have no feel for any player, and I doubt that anyone else does either.

#158 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:39 PM

View PostTennes, on 13 January 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

View PostTulas Shorn, on 13 January 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostPath-Shaper, on 12 January 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

The two of them have mechanics in play, in which if they order you to speak a certain way (and their order is both bolded and underlined), you have to speak that way for the rest of the day. The two of them are unable to be hung/killed until their bodyguards are gone. You may, of course, attempt to test this at any time. A lynch on either counts as your daily lynch, so long as you have the correct number (half +1), regardless if the target is lynched or not.

I seriously doubt that it is the dumbest thing you have read so far in this thread. It probably isn't even the dumbest thing I have posted on the thread. Right there are showing to us all that you haven't read the thread.

In the op it says that we can test the queen ability to not be lynched. Which if your going to test it day 1 isn't a bad time to do so. I have no feel for any player, and I doubt that anyone else does either.

Fucking idiocy.

PS says the queens are unlynchable - he's fucking trolling us when he says we can go ahead and test if we want. Why the fuck would we waste a perfectly good lynch on someone PS has said is unlynchable?

#159 User is offline   Venesara 

• Recruit

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

I'm here, checking in at last. What's the score?

#160 User is offline   Tulas Shorn 

• Sergeant

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostVenesara, on 13 January 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

I'm here, checking in at last. What's the score?

I have all the points.

ALL. THE. POINTS.

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

27 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users