Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan Armour

#1 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

I always found the armour in the series interesting, cause it was never the traditional "knights armour" but more roman inspired "banded armour" etc.

I found this picture online and it's more or less exactly how I imagined the Malazan's looking except for maybe swapping the elder scrolls imperial sigil for the sceptre and clawed hand. Its even got the oft mentioned the imperial magenta.

Attached File  skywind_frederickvandebunt_imperial_armors_02.jpg (248.5K)
Number of downloads: 4

From left to right (not including the half naked dude) I thought it was a good representation of marine, sapper, heavy and Fist/ First sword

I thought it would be worth sharing!

#2 User is offline   Corporal Nobbs 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:50 AM

I don't know. Maybe too roman. I remember a fair few mentions of chainmail as well.
There's a game called Witcher 3... I think. Never played it, but I've come across a heap of concept art for it.
I think the armour designs from that fit better.
Rejoice. For very bad things are about to happen

#3 User is offline   Egwene 

• Emperor

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

I have been trying to add more descriptive details for characters to the Wiki. Here are some references about armour:

Whiskeyjack - vambraced forearms and a scabbarded longsword
Paran & Lorn - wore a helm as part of their uniform
Gamet as houseguard - wearing much-mended chain-mail that ended in raggedly around his knees. He was wearing an uneven pot-helm with hammered-out dents but polished brightly
Fiddler - armour was a mixture of foreign accoutrements over a threadbare stained uniform
Captain at Itko Kan Massacre - wore a helm that had a lobster tail of mail, with a woolen cap beneath

Not military, but to give a feel for clothing generally, here is what is said about Topper when he first appears:
He was wearing a faded tunic and linen leggings above green-dyed leather boots. He was fond of wearing shades of green and rings on all his fingers, above and below the knuckle. He usually chose to remain cloaked and hooded, carrying a single long-knife slung through a thin belt

Hope all of this helps

#4 User is offline   Wolfdrop 

• Fist

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:01 AM

Corporal Nobbs said:

1418889017[/url]' post='1165027']
I don't know. Maybe too roman. I remember a fair few mentions of chainmail as well.
There's a game called Witcher 3... I think. Never played it, but I've come across a heap of concept art for it.
I think the armour designs from that fit better.

Yeah, I remember chainmail being the most mentioned form of armour too. I've always imagined Kallor as looking like a ragged crusader, with his chainmail and great-helm.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users